Captain EO may return to Disneyland!

loveyoumore

Proud Member
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums, but as a big fan of MJ as well as Disneyland, I thought I should share this with you (scroll down to near the middle of the article):

http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al072809a.htm

Captain EO (as many of you probably already know) was an attraction at Disneyland and Disney World from 1986-1997 which featured a short sci-fi themed film starring Michael. It was produced by George Lucas and directed by Francis Ford Coppola. Here's a good link to see some photos and info about the original Disneyland attraction:

http://yesterland.com/eo.html

One of my earliest childhood memories was of seeing Captain EO in early 1988 when I was two, and it was my first introduction to MJ. I've been hoping it might come back for years, so this is really exciting news for me! As of now, it obviously hasn't been confirmed by Disney officials, but having been a Disneyland nerd practically since birth, I can tell you that that site (Al Lutz's news articles in particular) is very VERY reliable in its information, so this is NOT just mere speculation or rumor. If he reported it, it is definitely at least being considered at Disney, if not already in the works. :)

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums, but as a big fan of MJ as well as Disneyland, I thought I should share this with you (scroll down to near the middle of the article):

http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al072809a.htm

Captain EO (as many of you probably already know) was an attraction at Disneyland and Disney World from 1986-1997 which featured a short sci-fi themed film starring Michael. It was produced by George Lucas and directed by Francis Ford Coppola. Here's a good link to see some photos and info about the original Disneyland attraction:

http://yesterland.com/eo.html

One of my earliest childhood memories was of seeing Captain EO in early 1988 when I was two, and it was my first introduction to MJ. I've been hoping it might come back for years, so this is really exciting news for me! As of now, it obviously hasn't been confirmed by Disney officials, but having been a Disneyland nerd practically since birth, I can tell you that that site (Al Lutz's news articles in particular) is very VERY reliable in its information, so this is NOT just mere speculation or rumor. If he reported it, it is definitely at least being considered at Disney, if not already in the works. :)

WOW...that would be FANTASTIC if it did return!

According to an Orange County Register article, Disney HAS commented on it:

" When asked about “Captain EO,” Disney released this statement: “We are constantly evaluating our attraction and entertainment offerings in order to provide our Guests with the best possible experience. At this time, we have nothing new to announce.” "

http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com...ons-captain-eo-returning-to-disneyland/12767/

They didn't deny it! So in other words, they aren't ready to announce one way or the other yet!

Last edited:
According to an Orange County Register article, Disney HAS commented on it:

" When asked about “Captain EO,” Disney released this statement: “We are constantly evaluating our attraction and entertainment offerings in order to provide our Guests with the best possible experience. At this time, we have nothing new to announce.” "

http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com...ons-captain-eo-returning-to-disneyland/12767/

They didn't deny it! So in other words, they aren't ready to announce one way or the other yet!

They MUST KNOW that there is a tremendous audience for it...can you imagine the droves of MJ fans from all over the world that will want to see this???? Many who saw it when they were little or didn't see it when they were little. I PRAY that they bring it back! I am totally going if they do!

I have always wanted to see Captain Eo on the big screen but missed it.
I went to DisneyWorld for the first time last year and am now addicted. I have also booked to return this year at Halloween! I will be so excited if this comes true!

I have always wanted to see Captain Eo on the big screen but missed it.
I went to DisneyWorld for the first time last year and am now addicted. I have also booked to return this year at Halloween! I will be so excited if this comes true!

That is awesome. I really hope that they can make this happen. I really want to see it. I remember watching it on the Disney channel when I was little but never saw it at Disneyland...so I hope this happens!

They MUST KNOW that there is a tremendous audience for it...can you imagine the droves of MJ fans from all over the world that will want to see this???? Many who saw it when they were little or didn't see it when they were little. I PRAY that they bring it back! I am totally going if they do!

Absolutely!! Even on the discussion boards for that site that reported it, a Disney fan site, every one of the posters who commented on it were unbelievably excited! Apparently, a lot of posters are even sending emails to Disney pleading that they bring it back, and are all getting responses from the company that their comments are being taken "very seriously"! I would wait literally hours in line just to get the chance to see Captain EO again!

Absolutely!! Even on the discussion boards for that site that reported it, a Disney fan site, every one of the posters who commented on it were unbelievably excited! Apparently, a lot of posters are even sending emails to Disney pleading that they bring it back, and are all getting responses from the company that their comments are being taken "very seriously"! I would wait literally hours in line just to get the chance to see Captain EO again!

Me too... I am so excited...I pray they bring it back! By the way, can you give me the email address? I want to get some fans to send them an email. I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Can someone confirm that it was in 3D when it came out?

omg wow i hope they do bring it back

but i hope they make it in disneyworld florida too as thats the only one i think i can go to.

i have never seen that attraction before, or if i have i dont remember it as i would of been like 3 or 4 when it shut so probably never gone on it :p

i soooooo hope they bring it back, that would be so awesome :D

Last edited:
Probably controversial, but I think that they should bring it back. But they need to do an updated version. It has to be digitally cleaned up, and the special effects should be brought up to date. Then it would be truly spectacular.

can someone post a link to request the RETURN OF MICHAEL instead of just Captain EO? If someone can just bring him back somehow, then they can keep Captain EO.

if they do show i will definitely go and see it...last time in 1994 i missed it, wasn`t a fan yet and did not even know about it:(

I saw it when I was a kid and loved it. I hope they bring it back.

Back