Can chris brown still be the next michael jackson?

bluesky

Proud Member
Can CHRIS BROWN still become the next MICHAEL JACKSON? With the King of Pop gone there is a void in music that must be filled. Although no one can ever fill his glittery socks and loafers, someone must take over where he left off.
Many have said Chris Brown is the Michael Jackson of our generation. To his credit, over the years Chris Brown has proved his star power is not to be underestimated.
While C-Breezy has experienced some set backs, all it took was one song to take him back to the top of the charts.
Teaming up with Tyga of Young Money and Kevin McCall on “Deuces,” the three had the number one hit of 2010. He recently perform on the Today Show and broke a record of 18,000 fans who came out to watch him rip the stage. F.A.M.E ,which is Breezy’s latest album, sold 270,000 copies in its first week and is currently certified Gold by the RIAA.
Let’s not forget that he dominated the 2011 BET Awards taking home the most trophies and performed an amazing Michael Jackson tribute at the 2010 BET Awards. Obviously, we all know that The King Of Pop put up sales numbers that no one will ever touch, but by today’s music standards, Chris Brown is currently 10 steps ahead of his competition. At only 22 years old Chris Brown has more than enough time to practice his craft and take his talents to the next level. I think it is safe to say he has yet to reach his prime and can still pull a few tricks from his sleeve.
But I ask you guys today: Can Chris Brown still become the next Michael Jackson?
Michael Jackson Tribute @ The 2010 BET Awards <iframe height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2AruGSRxqc4" frameBorder="0" width="425"></iframe>
Chris Brown performing Thriller @ 2006 World Music Awards<iframe height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2sUAtcjXwu0" frameBorder="0" width="425"></iframe>

http://foxy955stl.com/national/wfun/can-chris-brown-still-be-the-next-michael-jackson/

Last edited by a moderator:
No. Chris Brown needs to be Chris Brown. Michael set the standard. He set the bar but there is only 1 Michael.

I'm more than tired of this next Michael Jackson crap. What's wrong with being the 1st and only Chris Brown, Joe Bloggs whoever whatever. Create your own legacy...we don't need another Michael Jackson, not to mention the fact that Michael is just not gonna happen again.

I am okay when people say they love Michael, inspired by him etc. These things make it seem like you need to replace him and I don't like it. I don't hear people say who is the next Sinatra, Lennon, Elvis, etc. Just be who you are.

Why is this question even entertained. NO ONE can become the next Michael Jackson.
it takes more than just singing a song and dancing to reach all his acheivments and the
adoration he had and still has from people all over the world.. . Its impossible

Ever wonder why it was never questioned if Michael would become the next anyone ?
He was one of a kind and to suggest anyone around in this day and age coudl ever fill his
shoes is perposterous .

I don't know why people aspire to be the next anyone, just be yourself. The one and only YOU.

NO! And as a fellow Virginian, I totally embarrassed by some of his actions.

Just because he did some MJ impersonations that won't make him the new MJ. I'm tired of this "new Michael Jackson" stuff. The media have been trying to create "new Michael Jacksons" since about Thriller. They never succeeded and never will.

as everyone said, no. He can try to be the new Usher though :p

I don't get how they are so in a hurry to find a ''replacement'' for Michael..

I haven't seen anybody searching for the new KING OF ROCK N' ROLL yet?

(Ooooh yeah I remember now it's because Elvis was a human being, while Michael Jackson is a product)

Not really a Chris Brown fan, so no. This constant desire to get a new KOP is growing really old really fast. I suspect the only reason they do this is because the music industry is dead, and that has nothing to do with Michael not being here. Chart records mean nothing either. They dug their own grave a while ago the moment they set profit as their priority over quality.

Have to agree with everyone else. There will NEVER be another Michael, we don't even WANT another Michael. He was and will always be unique.

I don't think the OP means will Brown do exactly the same things as MJ and take his spot, but rather, will Brown reach the same accomplishments and success. The former is silly but the latter is a valid question for any artist. But as far as Chris Brown goes, no way. He'll never reach the accomplishments of MJ, the album sales, the fame, or the talent.

Has there been a new Elvis? James Brown? Frank Sinatra? So why must there be a new Michael? There will NEVER be another Michael!

No. Chris Brown needs to be Chris Brown. Michael set the standard. He set the bar but there is only 1 Michael.

^^The strangest thing; I was going to write the SAME thing. Chris Brown needs to be Chris Brown; get some style, moves, fashion, techniques that are characteristically Chris Brown. Not do good imitations of MICHAEL JACKSON. Once he does that and becomes famous for his own style, then he would be among the greatest but NOT THE KING OF POP!!!!!

Omgeee... First it was Justin T., then Usher, Then Justin B. Now Chris B.??? CHRIS BROWN Cant be KOP cuz his genre is R&B/Rap... To think journalist were smart enough to see the differecnce between POP and R&B... :no: Another Reason CB cant be KOP(Rock & Soul) is cuz that was given to Michael and Michael only! Why does Elvis get to keep his title and Michael cant??? It's just something they steer to get attention... cuz anything Michael, now, sells! Smh :smilerolleyes:

L.o.v.e.
Romi

^^AGREED. I looked at Another Part of Me video today and Michael was on FIRE. Did I say FIRE!!!! Can Chris Brown do that? No. Only one Michael Jackson. Remember Michael had revived record sales because people were not buying as much music. Can Chris Brown do that no. Can Chris Brown have several Manhood threads on forums dedicated to him? NNNNNNNO. Then he cannot be the next Michael Jackson. There is more to Michael Jackson than music, by the way.

See, this is what I mean by how they consantly disrespect MJ! Why does he need to be replace...as if! Not even in their wildest dreams!-_-

^^AGREED. I looked at Another Part of Me video today and Michael was on FIRE. Did I say FIRE!!!! Can Chris Brown do that? No. Only one Michael Jackson. Remember Michael had revived record sales because people were not buying as much music. Can Chris Brown do that no. Can Chris Brown have several Manhood threads on forums dedicated to him? NNNNNNNO. Then he cannot be the next Michael Jackson. There is more to Michael Jackson than music, by the way.

I totally agree with your post...would like to see Chris Brown do this.

^^Thanks for that video it is different from the one on Vision. Yep, only one Michael Jackson.

Hell no, Chris has a ruined reputation and his mother's also a hypocrite too. I still think when he was "crying" during the MITM tribute it was more about the Rhianna thing as a publicity stunt!

:lol: He never could be the next MJ, and never will be the next MJ. He's not half bad for today's standards, but he isn't innovative or as ground breaking as MJ was, and never will be. He should be the first Chris Brown, because trying to be the next Michael Jackson is just preparing yourself to fail.

Back