[Campaign] Let's Make BAD25 #1 on Billboard 200!

How about reaching towards all those who bought the album in the first place? People have nice memories of the Bad era, the album an then the amazing World Tour, plus some new songs this time...

I'd say it's not impossible, but the album need's some serious promotion (TV ads, awards shows having a danse tribute to the Bad songs, ...).

Agreed, Billie_Jean78. VMA could be a great moment to show some TV ad!

Not only a TV ad but some Bad tribute done by high profile dancers! I'm talking about a 10 minute performance at least.

For MJ, usa died in the 90s. He didnt bother to top anything there. And the planed concerts in London prove it. He could do his comeback in the US, but he didnt.
To me its importand that these projects do good world wide. To top the ww charts. Sorry, but screw billboard. They can suck katie parry's balls and chris brown tits. Thats how i see it.

So the biggest rivals for #1 position are:

The Killers - Battle Born
Nelly Furtado - The Spirit Indestructible
P!nk - The Truth About Love
Carly Rae Jepsen - Kiss
G.O.O.D. Music - Cruel Summer

Can we do it?

Honestly, if the 150k prediction for first week that was given in the article posted here earlier would prove to be about correct I'd be very happy with that. I don't think it will be Nr 1 (no re-release has ever been, anyway) and I hope fans keep their expectations realistic regarding charts:

1) It's a re-release.
2) Michael is not here to promote it.
3) No videos (or at least I haven't heard anything yet of plans for making videos for any of the new songs).
4) Will it get airplay?
5) We know the significance of the release of a Bad Tour DVD, but do non-fans know? Do they know how awesome this concert was? I'm not sure about that.

Regardless of Nr 1 spot (which IMO is not realistic) I just hope sales will build up nicely and Bad 25 will chart LOOONG!

My prediction is #3:

#1 P!nk - The Truth About Love
#2 G.O.O.D. Music (Kanye West) - Cruel Summer
#3 Michael Jackson - Bad 25

After just hearing snippets of Price Of Fame I wonder why nobody thought of using this great wonderfull tune for promotion?!?! With POF as a single the album would without a doubt stand a chance for a nr.1.

After just hearing snippets of Price Of Fame I wonder why nobody thought of using this great wonderfull tune for promotion?!?! With POF as a single the album would without a doubt stand a chance for a nr.1.

Price of Fame would have brought a lot more press (promotion) for the album than IJCSLY / DBMR

Price of Fame would have brought a lot more press (promotion) for the album than IJCSLY / DBMR

Yes, I think so too. I mean I'm starting to grow fond of DBMR, it's a nice tune, but it's clearly more demo than POF, at least POF seems to be a more finished version.

It sucks, because in the past few weeks all album that went to #1 sold under 100K, so if they released BAD25 just a week earlier, we could easily have a #1. But unfortunately next week there's going to be some competition that will be tough to beat (mainly P!ink and GOOD Music).

Still a top 3 debut would be pretty awesome, considering the box set is expensive and it's not a regular CD release. I also think a lot of non-fans may only get the DVD and may not care much for the demos. So if it sells anywhere around 150K it's going to be pretty great IMO.

For MJ, usa died in the 90s. He didnt bother to top anything there. And the planed concerts in London prove it. He could do his comeback in the US, but he didnt.
To me its importand that these projects do good world wide. To top the ww charts. Sorry, but screw billboard. .

You know I am from the U.S. and you are absolutely and sadly correct. The U.S. stopped following (speaking generally of course) MJ after the 93 allegations even though HISstory did very well here in some areas. The ww charts are more important imo because we are talking about the WORLD. The problem with the U.S.is they have this egocentric view of themselfves and they think they ARE the World. :doh: I get so annoyed about this. Worldwide sales is HUGE AND thas is important, after all there are over 150+ countries in this planet NOT just ONE country. LOL.

Having said that, it may do well in the U.S., (maybe not no. 1) but do GREAT around the world which is what matters at least to me. So I am getting very psyched about this release.:wild:

BAD 25 is claiming up in Amazon.com/UK Hot New Releases in Music
The bestselling new and future releases in Music
Yesterday it was 7, today 4

4.Bad - 25th Anniversary Deluxe [3 CD/1 DVD]
Michael Jackson | Format: Audio CD
Release Date: 17 Sep 2012
Price: £19.97

:girl_pride::clapping:

It sucks, because in the past few weeks all album that went to #1 sold under 100K, so if they released BAD25 just a week earlier, we could easily have a #1. But unfortunately next week there's going to be some competition that will be tough to beat (mainly P!ink and GOOD Music).

Still a top 3 debut would be pretty awesome, considering the box set is expensive and it's not a regular CD release. I also think a lot of non-fans may only get the DVD and may not care much for the demos. So if it sells anywhere around 150K it's going to be pretty great IMO.
Yeah, it's bad luck that there's so much competition that week, I think it will probably miss the top 3 even though it could have been #1 if it had been released in a different week. But still, sales are more important than chart positions, so I'm just hoping for as high sales as possible. And of course, like others have said, worldwide numbers are much more important than US numbers.

I'm trying to remind myself that the 150k is just an early estimate, and it might sell way less than that. But I really hope it'll sell somewhere around 150k, that would be really amazing. 150 is a great number for most albums these days, and if Bad25 manages to sell that it would be especially amazing considering it's a 25 year old album, Michael is not here to promote it and non-fans don't care about a few new demos. Just selling over 100k in the first week would be great, imo.

i think it will do good just as T25 did in US.

Did T25 really sold 10mio WW as wiki claims? thats very impressive. I thought it was 2mio.
Bad25 will be WW just as T25. i'm positive about that.

i think it will do good just as T25 did in US.

Did T25 really sold 10mio WW as wiki claims? thats very impressive. I thought it was 2mio.
Bad25 will be WW just as T25. i'm positive about that.

Not true, wikipedia is full of incorrect informations. It was 3 Million in 2010. So it's impossible.

I think BAD25 could do just as good as T25. Even though MJ was alive back then he really did not promote it very much. - Nearly not at all really.

BUT T25 had Will.I.Am, Fergie, AKON, and Kanye West on some tracks - means maybe some of their fans bought T25.

BAD25 has Pitbull and that's pretty much it!

Sure it has the DVD - but honestly, that's mostly for the fans.

I think a IJCSLY version with Lady Gaga (don't kill me for saying it - I do not like her myself!) would have made many of her fans (and let's just admit it, she has MANY!!) buy the album!

If the youngsters should have really get intrested in this release it should have had some of the biggest modern stars on it as bonus tracks. It would have been a great way to introduce MJ to youngsters - the generation that hears Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber - if they heard MJ, really heard BAD all the way through - MJ would have MANY new fans!

T25:
+ Michael was alive
+ Thriller was the best selling album the world

- the remixes were no good, partially even really bad
- Michael didn't really promote it
- the DVD with the videos was nothing the world hasn't seen yet

B25:
- Michael isn't alive to promote it
- the remixes aren't really that spectacular (well, I've only heard one so far)

+ it contain's a DVD with the spectacular Bad World Tour
+ it contains never before heard songs/demos
+ it contains a live CD
+ Michael's star is really really big due to his passing
+ many people have very fond memories of the Bad World Tour because it was Michael's first solo tour and he was a beast on stage
+ the Bad era was before the really negative press begann circulating about Michael

I think it could do better than T25!

T25:
+ Michael was alive
+ Thriller was the best selling album the world

- the remixes were no good, partially even really bad
- Michael didn't really promote it
- the DVD with the videos was nothing the world hasn't seen yet

B25:
- Michael isn't alive to promote it
- the remixes aren't really that spectacular (well, I've only heard one so far)

+ it contain's a DVD with the spectacular Bad World Tour
+ it contains never before heard songs/demos
+ it contains a live CD
+ Michael's star is really really big due to his passing
+ many people have very fond memories of the Bad World Tour because it was Michael's first solo tour and he was a beast on stage
+ the Bad era was before the really negative press begann circulating about Michael

I think it could do better than T25!

I hope so very much!

I just can't see how a duet with todays stars can make their fans buy that album. This is to me more like wishful thinking. The song must be very good, this to happen. I highly doubt that the remixes on t25 had any impact on the sells at all.

Anniversary albums are always for the fans and people who liked the album. I dont see how this can gain new young fans.
The only way to get attention of the youngsters is to play his videos on tv and songs on radio. They will do their magic, like all these years.

Immortal sold 45k in its first week, and that's a remix album that I don't even remember many fans speaking about much.

I only bought it a few weeks after it had already been released to see what people said. I don't remember much promo over it. So 45k for that to me was impressive.

I think 100k will be the minimum I expect. I imagine most people will be buying the boxset.

I suspect it'll do better, but everyone else is being cynical so maybe it won't. :/ But I really think a lot of people will be talking about the DVD... seeing Mike perform like that, I'm positive various celebrities on twitter, etc, will want to speak about it and it'll encourage people to want to get it. I also imagine it'll be promoted on things like Good Morning America, perhaps even people who toured/worked with him back then will give interviews. And with Mike, people like buying physical copies of his stuff. I remember when he passed away 90% of the sales of his stuff was physical and not digital sales.

Immortal sold 45k in its first week, and that's a remix album that I don't even remember many fans speaking about much.

I only bought it a few weeks after it had already been released to see what people said. I don't remember much promo over it. So 45k for that to me was impressive.

I think 100k will be the minimum I expect. I imagine most people will be buying the boxset.

I suspect it'll do better, but everyone else is being cynical so maybe it won't. :/ But I really think a lot of people will be talking about the DVD... seeing Mike perform like that, I'm positive various celebrities on twitter, etc, will want to speak about it and it'll encourage people to want to get it. I also imagine it'll be promoted on things like Good Morning America, perhaps even people who toured/worked with him back then will give interviews. And with Mike, people like buying physical copies of his stuff. I remember when he passed away 90% of the sales of his stuff was physical and not digital sales.

The very minimum, dare I say. I still think that this is a very important release and that it will get it's attention. Ok, Michael isn't here to promote it but let's not forget that there is a live DVD, something which could very well be regarded as a substitute for videos to songs. Visual promotion is very important in Michael Jackson's world and the DVD will do it's part. Just use it Estate and make the most of it. I want the show on TV sooner or later!

Question: If someone buys just the DVD (not me, I'm buying the boxset) it won't count in the sales of the album, will it?

Question: If someone buys just the DVD (not me, I'm buying the boxset) it won't count in the sales of the album, will it?

It won't count. Just standard 2CD & deluxe 3CD+DVD counts.

Of course. Everything that has the main 2CD in it.

So how will the sales be counted then? If 1M people buy the Deluxe package, will it be counted as 3M units?

And are these sales going to be added to the sales of Bad?

And when are we going to get some official numbers of the sales of Bad?? I know John Branca said 45M, but is that one real or is it like the 104M number for Thriller?

So how will the sales be counted then? If 1M people buy the Deluxe package, will it be counted as 3M units?

And are these sales going to be added to the sales of Bad?

And when are we going to get some official numbers of the sales of Bad?? I know John Branca said 45M, but is that one real or is it like the 104M number for Thriller?

If 1M people buy the Deluxe package, it will be counted as 1M albums and that is what matters on the charts, but it is actually 3M units.

Depending on country. Every country has different chart and sale number rules regarding special editions and re-releases. In US it will not be added to the sales of Bad.

Those numbers by John Branca were official numbers, but probably physical sales (which in 2010 were at 36M) + digital sales of original album and special edition.

104M number for Thriller is number of units sold, meaning physical sales (which in 2010 were at 69M) + digital sales + all singles and music videos released from Thriller.

In the Bad25 announcement they said that the Bad album has generated 45 million units in sales, which to me sounds like it includes single sales as well. I think 104 million is a similar number for Thriller, it includes the album sales + single sales + music video sales.

Depending on country. Every country has different chart and sale number rules regarding special editions and re-releases. In US it will not be added to the sales of Bad.
Where did you get that information? (I'm not questioning the validity of it, just genuinely curious because I've heard people say different things, and I don't think Billboard has been very clear on this.)

It's a bit of a shame if the sales don't count towards Bad's sales. Bad25 could have given Bad a nice boost on the all-time best selling albums list.

Back