Britney's Official Album Title: 'Circus' + First Single: 'Womanizer'

Fayik

Proud Member
First Single "Womanizer" Is Slated To Hit Radio On September 22nd

Jive/Zomba recording artist Britney Spears announces her sixth studio album, Circus, set for release December 2nd. The first single from the album is titled "Womanizer" and was produced by the up-and-coming Atlanta production team The Outsyders. The album release date coincides with Spears' birthday.

On the heels of an MTV VMA awards sweep, where Britney walked away with three Moonmen awards for "Video of the Year," "Best Female" and "Best Pop Video" for "Piece of Me," Jive Records is preparing her latest album, Circus, a follow-up to her critically well received album, Blackout. For her latest effort, Britney has enlisted a stellar group of established producers/writers that include Dr. Luke (who wrote and produced the album's title track, "Circus"), Danja, Max Martin, Bloodshy & Avant and Guy Sigsworth (Madonna, Alanis Morissette, Bjork).

Britney Spears is one of the top-selling artists of the last decade, and to date, she has sold in excess of 62 million albums worldwide that include Baby One More Time (1999), Oops!...I Did It Again (2000), Britney (2001), In The Zone (2003), and Blackout (2007), eight #1 worldwide singles and four consecutive #1 albums.

The Zomba Label Group consists of record labels Jive, LaFace, Volcano, Verity, GospoCentric and Fo Yo Soul. These labels represent a varied group of artists including Justin Timberlake, R. Kelly, Usher, Tool, Ciara, Chris Brown, Pink, Britney Spears, OutKast, Kirk Franklin, Three Days Grace, 311, Nick Lachey, T-Pain, Byron Cage, Bullet For My Valentine, Buddy Guy, Living Things, Anthony Hamilton, Donnie McClurkin, John P. Kee, Fred Hammond, Hezekiah Walker, Marvin Sapp, Kelly Price, J. Moss and Backstreet Boys.

SOURCE: Jive/Zomba​

OK sorry Brit fans, but she is just lame now. I can't believe how lame that is to release two albums in the same year. Just to be in good publicity. Plus, anyone who says that Blackout was a GREAT ALBUM is biased. (btw, i do like some of Britney's earlier songs)

OK sorry Brit fans, but she is just lame now. I can't believe how lame that is to release two albums in the same year. Just to be in good publicity. Plus, anyone who says that Blackout was a GREAT ALBUM is biased. (btw, i do like some of Britney's earlier songs)

Shut the hell up.

She's not lame :huh: And it's not in the same year anyway. It's 14 months later. Which is fine by me. And plus, 'Blackout' was done recording at least 3-4 months before the release. So in reality, it's almost been 2 years since she's really recorded and released something. And 'Blackout' IS a great album. What the hell are you going on about? Everyone, including critics, say that the album is great. And let's just say, critics aren't very positively biased towards Britney, now are they?

:rolleyes: Britney haters... so immature!

Everyone, including critics, say that the album is great. And let's just say, critics aren't very positively biased towards Britney, now are they?

LOL, please, you believe what CRITICS say?! Then why are you a fan of Michael's work after Thriller?

And if the album was SO GOOD why was it promoted so much, and why are the songs such huge hits - if you are already gonna go on that side of the road of critics, then you might as well go with the success of the singles, cuz it's a kind of mix and match situation. Not attacking you,but be realistic...

So in reality, it's almost been 2 years since she's really recorded and released something. And 'Blackout' IS a great album. What the hell are you going on about? Everyone, including critics, say that the album is great. And let's just say, critics aren't very positively biased towards Britney, now are they?

Riiight...So by that logic, she spent 2 weeks recording the new album? WHY hurry so much? As a fan, wouldn't you want her to release something of GOOD QUALITY, instead of just "more and more and more" as that idiot Chris Crocker would say lol ?

I am not dissing Britney, I just hope her album is not sh!t like Blackout , cuz she can do better. Not a fan, but just objective opinion.

Shut the hell up.

Britney fans - maturity at its highest.

Last edited:
OK sorry Brit fans, but she is just lame now.

Do you know how many people say the exact same thing about Michael? I'm definitely not Britney's biggest fan, but if she's got her head on straight this time, I wish her nothing but the best.

Same here. And yeah, I agree about Michael. I wish Britney all the best too. What I meant when I said "lame" was this whole system of "get me back out there as fast as possible, don't care how, I'll record an album in 2 weeks and it's all good" - well...not really. Cuz if Michael did the same, just to be in the spotlight , by following trends, doing music with Timbaland, Lil Wayne and other "stars" of today (God even writing it hurts) I'd say the same about him.

Well, if her new single is that song from that new video of her rehearsing, then... :mellow:

I've never liked her work, but I hope the best for her this time around.

Everyone, including critics, say that the album is great. And let's just say, critics aren't very positively biased towards Britney, now are they?

LOL, please, you believe what CRITICS say?! Then why are you a fan of Michael's work after Thriller?

And if the album was SO GOOD why was it promoted so much, and why are the songs such huge hits - if you are already gonna go on that side of the road of critics, then you might as well go with the success of the singles, cuz it's a kind of mix and match situation. Not attacking you,but be realistic...

So in reality, it's almost been 2 years since she's really recorded and released something. And 'Blackout' IS a great album. What the hell are you going on about? Everyone, including critics, say that the album is great. And let's just say, critics aren't very positively biased towards Britney, now are they?

Riiight...So by that logic, she spent 2 weeks recording the new album? WHY hurry so much? As a fan, wouldn't you want her to release something of GOOD QUALITY, instead of just "more and more and more" as that idiot Chris Crocker would say lol ?

I am not dissing Britney, I just hope her album is not sh!t like Blackout , cuz she can do better. Not a fan, but just objective opinion.

Shut the hell up.

Britney fans - maturity at its highest.

Gimme More hit #3 and I hear the other 2 singles on the radio all the time.

Erm, excuse me. Get your facts straight. She's been writing songs EVERY day at her piano, and recording A LOT. Not just 2 weeks. She's been recording since... March I believe? That's enough time.

Yep, we Britney fans don't have much patience when it comes to the hater. Just as the MJ fans don't. Mkay?thxbye.

Same here. And yeah, I agree about Michael. I wish Britney all the best too. What I meant when I said "lame" was this whole system of "get me back out there as fast as possible, don't care how, I'll record an album in 2 weeks and it's all good" - well...not really. Cuz if Michael did the same, just to be in the spotlight , by following trends, doing music with Timbaland, Lil Wayne and other "stars" of today (God even writing it hurts) I'd say the same about him.

Lots of artists record back to back albums. Radiohead, The Beatles, U2, Pink Floyd, to name a few. Are they lame, too?

Please note that in no way am I comparing The Beatles to Britney Spears (I'm not even a Britney fan), but the argument that she can't record 2 albums in two years is what's pretty lame.

I love Britney and don't care what anyone thinks about it. Blackout was indeed a great dance album and I can't wait to hear the new one . I'm very happy for Britney that things are turning around. She deserves some happiness.

I can't waaaait!
UMGZ. :woohoo:
I am just so proud of her how she is getting things back together and straightening her life out. :) And going back to the music why ppl loved her in the first place. EEEEEEEEE I am so anxious for the single, only a week left!

ditto to all the positive things Britney fans and non Britney fans have said...cuz its all true and i agree with them

Gimme More hit #3 and I hear the other 2 singles on the radio all the time.

Erm, excuse me. Get your facts straight. She's been writing songs EVERY day at her piano, and recording A LOT. Not just 2 weeks. She's been recording since... March I believe? That's enough time.

Yep, we Britney fans don't have much patience when it comes to the hater. Just as the MJ fans don't. Mkay?thxbye.

I am not a hater. You just wanna shut my mouth. Which is rather rude. Oh well...

I love Britney and don't care what anyone thinks about it. Blackout was indeed a great dance album and I can't wait to hear the new one . I'm very happy for Britney that things are turning around. She deserves some happiness.

I agree with you and Sasha as well. I look forward to hearing "Womanizer". I found out about the press release yesterday. And her new album has been on my mind almost non-stop since. I am very excited for Britney. I wish her nothing but the best from here on.

'Womanizer' has officially released today!

Hottest. Song. Ever. :wub:

I wish Britney nothing but the best on her latest endeavor. Anybody who has gone through what she has and have the nerve to brush themselves off and start all over again gets my vote. I wish her all the success with this album and hope everyone critique's her on the album she's putting out there and not her personal life.

I wish Britney nothing but the best on her latest endeavor. Anybody who has gone through what she has and have the nerve to brush themselves off and start all over again gets my vote. I wish her all the success with this album and hope everyone critique's her on the album she's putting out there and not her personal life.

Exactly. I agree 100%.

I wish Britney all the best :wub: But it pains me to say that her new song is terrible IMO :( I hope it'll grow on me :huh:

Omg i freagggin luuuv this song i love britney!!!! Shes back...as if she went anywhere lol!!

The girl's got balls, man. Serious balls to come back so quickly when it seemed like there was no hope left for her. I think she is one of the few people who can relate to Michael about the insanity of the paparazzi.

I wish her the best success! I have a few of her hits and her first album, though I was never a big fan. I still love her song Toxic a helluva lot!

If she feels Ok , than thats good, but that song is really noting special. I don't know why she would come back that quick. But then again, I' not in the industry.

I wish she would take some time off the spotlight to help her put things into perspective. This album would be at best mediocre -- and all this is heartfelt on my part...I wish her the best.

Someone needs to be advising her....sometimes taking some time off is a gem and god knows she needs it. She is so completely utterly over exposed.

Back