BRAVO magazine special issues to celebrate MJ's 50th bday [poster in issue #34] [threads merged]

missmoonwalker

Proud Member
Hi i found this on another mj site thought i would share it with y'al!

The German BRAVO magazine, one of the the biggest teen magazines in Europe, will publish a special on Michael Jackson in celebration of his 50th birthday.

According to Alex Gernandt, assistant chief editor, the special will be about Michael’s life, his unbelievable career and the many meetings with BRAVO.You can definitely expect a positive story since BRAVO has always been very supportive to Michael.

BRAVO plans to publish the special in 4 parts - starting July 30, 2008.

Re: BRAVO magazine(mj related)

Is it possible to buy it in UK?

I really like them doing this. I bought the first issue yesterday, it's not a special in the way of a magazine entirely devoted to Michael, but it's a four-page article in the regular Bravo magazine. Still, very nice, to have four weeks of attention for Michaels birthday.

The first article has an overview of all the Bravo's with Michael featured on the front page, plus a listing of his world records, a picture of Michael and Alex Gernandt from 1996, and quotes from other artists about why they admire Michael. Nice start.

Thread re-opened. It's quite impossible for members to find info about Bravo special on that news thread.

Below are the scans of first special issue:
bravo2008300701resizeco2.jpg

bravo2008300702resizezv4.jpg

bravo2008300703resizetl3.jpg

bravo2008300704resizedu5.jpg

bravo2008300705resizeps8.jpg

(thanks to Adamo for the scans)

NOTE: DO NOT POST high quality scans of magazines still available @ newsstands. Thanks

Re: BRAVO magazine to publish special issues to celebrate Michael's 50th bday

I'm from Holland, but 'back in the day' I would always buy Bravo magazine. They had many articles on Michael, always respectful. Great to see they have not forgotten him.

where do i buy this lol

thanks for the scans.. i wonder if there really going to be something interesting, like poster or anything

Looks cool! I like the font that they where using for michael jackson 50 :D that silver wow!
I would like to buy it but where can i get it in holland?

for fans in other countries than Germany: In most European countries it should be possible to get Bravo at the bigger newsstands or bookstores. In Holland - Bruna and Ako have them. I know I've seen them in London before too. Outside Europe - try at the airport bookstores, they're usually most internationally oriented.

Last edited:

I'm from Holland, but 'back in the day' I would always buy Bravo magazine. They had many articles on Michael, always respectful. Great to see they have not forgotten him.

I did the same. I do not understand German at all, but bought the mag because they "always" seemed to have Michael on front lol.

Is this just Bravo being nice, or is it part of 'the big plan' and will similar things happen with international magazines? Doubt it, but you never know.

saw it today at the newstands, nice special!:punk: I can not even remember when was the last time when Bravo wrote about Michael.lol (except for the recent Thriller poster few monts ago)

Pretty cool! Thanks for sharing the scans. :flowers:

Aww excellent - thanks for letting us know! WOO!!! Glad Bravo is still doing the good work. :D xxx

Oooh gosh, I remember all those Bravo covers...Wow...I just realized how old I am. :lol: I used to aaaalways read Bravo. When I was a nanny, the dad in the family started buying Bravo for me because he knw I was a huge MJ fan and he noticed I always bought the Bravo magazine...so he starte buying it for me. :yes: Every Saturday, he'd go buy all these magazines for himself and he'd bring the latest Bravo with him for me too. I thought that was sweet of him. :yes:

I guess it's back to buying Bravo again...:scratch: :lol: Can't even remember when was the last time I bought one....guess it just got too embarrassing to buy a "teeny magazine" as a 30 year old :lol: "No I'm not buying this for myself...it's for my daughter"...*cough*...:lmao: :lmao:

bravo :)!!!

Thanx for the scans!!:) I'll buy it!

^ Your Janet pic is gonna get me in trouble with my wife one of these days.. lol!! I imagine things I should not when I see that..

I aint seen nothin :ph34r:

BRAVO (German magazine) #33/2008:

klz1218002631v.JPG

Pic taken by "KoPf80" / JacksonVillage

Note: No HQ pic allowed ;)

BRAVO #34/2008 will feature a poster of the KING OF POP!

Last edited:

I wonder what picture they'll use for the poster.... I hope it's a more recent one.

Oooh gosh, I remember all those Bravo covers...Wow...I just realized how old I am. :lol: I used to aaaalways read Bravo. When I was a nanny, the dad in the family started buying Bravo for me because he knw I was a huge MJ fan and he noticed I always bought the Bravo magazine...so he starte buying it for me. :yes: Every Saturday, he'd go buy all these magazines for himself and he'd bring the latest Bravo with him for me too. I thought that was sweet of him. :yes:

I guess it's back to buying Bravo again...:scratch: :lol: Can't even remember when was the last time I bought one....guess it just got too embarrassing to buy a "teeny magazine" as a 30 year old :lol: "No I'm not buying this for myself...it's for my daughter"...*cough*...:lmao: :lmao:

Yeah time flies, it has been ages for me as well the last time i bought this magazine. I remember it was published here every second week on Thursdays, so it meant i was alway few minutes late from school coz on the way first i went to the newsstand to buy it :D Then reading it while going to school...where my classmates actually waited for me with the new articles and posters, even stickers of Michael :lol: from the magazine.

Will there be also an issue now with a Poster? Pls not a Thriller one lool

Does anyone know if there is an English version printed? I thought I had seen BRAVO on the newsstands here in the USA but I am not sure. Help?

i guess this Birthday special is released only in the German magazine, (at least through so many editions...)but i hope that there will be some mentionings in other countries Bravo too.

No, there's no such thing as an English version of the Bravo. But if you search hard, maybe you can find the German Bravo magazine on the USA newssstands. Try the airport...

Thanks for posting the info :)
I hope I can find the magazine somewhere..

*waaaaahhhhhhhh* < that's me crying.

WHAT THE HECK!??!?! I want them toooooooooo!!! :(

I'm in the u.s., and I can't read German. I guess it just wasn't meant for me to have :no:

COME ON USA!!!!! IT's ALMOST MJ'S B-DAY!!!!!!!!

BRAVO (German magazine) #33/2008:

klz1218002631v.JPG

Pic taken by "KoPf80" / JacksonVillage

Note: No HQ pic allowed ;)

BRAVO #34/2008 will feature a poster of the KING OF POP!

Thanks for the scan!

Anybody know where to get it in London?

Why no HQ pic allowed?

RS

Back