Billboard: 3 new MJ albums on the way (IMMORTAL soundtrack to be released Nov. 21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very worried about the new album, though i suppose i'd rather one than nothing at all, i still believe there are some amazing songs in that vault, always have done. I also hope they whack 1 or 2 bad era songs that didn't make the cut on Bad 25 with their original sounds :) that would be great to hear.

BUT - I too am looking forward to BAD world tour on Blu-Ray. Hope they make at least 2 releases. - And the more the better :lol:

1. with the best BAD performances - like a compilation. The true set-list, but the best performances from different concerts.
2. An entire concert - Wembley og L.A.. No cheating like the DWT Bucharest concert that is mixed with clips from different concerts.

The Bad World Tour has not been confirmed to be released. If it is, it certainly won't be on blu ray. It will most likely just be dvd like Vision. But like I said, it is nothing more than a rumour.

I should think the Cirque soundtrack will be the versions of songs as they appear in the show.

I wonder what the soundtrack will be like..I'm glad we're getting it but I'd almost rather have another CD of unreleased stuff. We'll see how it goes!

as far as the new album goes, i think its safe to say the only way to go is up after 'michael'. it cant go much worse and i'm sure the estate wont let it happen again. to let that happen twice in a row would require utter stupidity and i dont believe the estate are stupid.

After such a long silence in the new release category, I'm so pleased with this fantastic news for Immortal and Bad... I truly hope the new mixes will be part of the soundtrack and that Bad will bring great surprises like Thriller 25 did... but on the contrary I'm slightly worried for the new material... but I choose to remain positive and hope that no false material will be part of this project and will hear new amazing 100% authentic creations and sounds by the god of music =)

they were stupid enough to try to pull a fast on on us so... But i hope they learned their lesson. we may not have trained ears in some things but when it comes to Michael's voice we are experts.

I really hope you are joking. Black Widow is a bunch of pasted adlibs from previous MJ songs, with James Porte on backing vocals and Jason Cupeta on lead vocals. There are 4 pastes before the lead vocals even start. Anyway, according to Gaz, there should not be any more Cascio tracks on any future releases, especially after we successfully got them removed from Cirque.

Oh wow, I didn't know Gaz said that.
I hope that's true.

The Immortal Soundtrack will most likely have an unreleased bonus track or two. If it didn't I doubt it would sell well.

If Thriller 25 is used as an example for Bad 25 to follow, don't get too excited.

th_excited.gif

How many anniversary albums do we need... I'd rather a BAD TOUR DVD Concert and a Unreleased album of music By Michael Jackson (Original) The Immortal soundtrack sounds cool I guess,but Who's music all their composers or a mix of Michael's & theirs? I just want New Original Michael Jackson Music & A BAD Concert Tour DVD. I don't want to have to buy 4 or 5 different albums just to get around 8 new songs.

I'm gonna have to ignore this Immortal album for at least a couple of years until the Cirque show comes to the UK. Music is a massive part of Cirque's shows (expecially the ones based on Elvis, Beatles and MJ) and so if I got the album before seeing the show I would know it all perfectly before I even got there. That would ruin the experience for me. It would be better (IMO) if the whole show was a surprise, so I'll only allow myself to see the official promo clips (which I hope will be shown during the Piers Morgan interview on Monday)

I have to admit the T25 remixes fell a bit flat really. They didn't have a spark to them and the singles didn't perform particularly well. Most fans are in agreement that the Estate did the wrong thing with the 'Michael' album and we were right to kick up a fuss, but after that fiasco the Estate could be very nervous about being adventurous with their projects because they wouldn't want another fan backlash. This could actually hinder product development and make things a little less interesting for us.
For example, for BAD 25 I would like to hear new versions/remixes of famous songs from BAD featuring current artists that could potentially be released as singles. Alien And Farm's 'Smooth Criminal' is a good example of a cover well done. The single was hugely successful when it was released and would have really benefitted the BAD25 album in terms of appeal to the general public if released now instead of 10 years ago. However, will the Estate be willing to get artists on board to attempt such a thing, even though MJ clearly backed that idea for T25? I doubt it. They would fear an uprising if the MJ fans didn't like their choice. There rumours a while ago (before MJ died I think) that high profile artists had been approached for BAD25, but I think it's more likely that the album will feature some unheard studio mixes from the original recording sessions or an unreleased MJ song. While this will satisfy the hardcore MJ fanbase, it won't do anything to enhance MJ's legacy or long term appeal IMO.

U know LLCoolJ on the George Lopez show did say she did other songs with Mj during the time they were recording not just Serious Effect. So if those songs were completed but just not use why can't they use some as bonuses for BAD 25?

Oh And I know there are many leaked Mj songs on youtube that were never released and even though many had heard them already I still think it would be worth it to have all those songs on a new CD on it's own. Remaster the sound and make a cd of all new material because those songs are really good, it's not fair that they weren't considered for the Michael CD to replace atleast the 3 that became controversal!? I think many in the public haven't heard those unrealeased songs like fans would have.

Boy, have they got some making up to do...

"Michael" was hardly the resounding runaway success they had hoped for. You can find dozens of copies selling cheap in most music retail outlets which is never a good sign. I saw at least 30 copies in my local HMV being sold for £4 a piece. Epic fail.

My expectations for another screw-up are extremely high, so I can guess no matter what they release, I'm not going to be disappointed. But I won't buy another product that pisses in the face of Michael's artistic integrity. I made that mistake once, but not a second time.

When they add to the Bad25-album a concert from the Bad-Tour it would be great. Maybe we should recall this wish to the Estate. I kkow there is the petition. But now where we know the Bad25-album is official coming we should recall the wish to add a concert.

MattyJam;3497923 said:
Boy, have they got some making up to do...

"Michael" was hardly the resounding runaway success they had hoped for. You can find dozens of copies selling cheap in most music retail outlets which is never a good sign. I saw at least 30 copies in my local HMV being sold for £4 a piece. Epic fail.

My expectations for another screw-up are extremely high, so I can guess no matter what they release, I'm not going to be disappointed. But I won't buy another product that pisses in the face of Michael's artistic integrity. I made that mistake once, but not a second time.

£4? I have seen £0.99 EPIC FAIL!

I will be very interested in an Immortal soundtrack of Michael's music. But for me it will be nothing more than a novelty album, as I heard The Beatles, Immortal album (and The Beatles are my favorite group) and even though it's very well produced it's not something I'd go out of my way to listen to. I'm not really a fan of remixes any way which is what Immortal soundtrack albums are.

I used to love listening to the remixes of Jam, In The Closet, Remember The Time when they were released in 1992. But after a few years they just sounded like gimmicks, which in my opinion are what most remixes are and I rarely listen to them now.

I very excited about a Bad 25th Anniversary album being released. But I don't want it to contain fresh remixes of songs, like Thriller 25. I thought the the content of Thriller 25 musically was very underwhelming, with those gimmicky remixes by will-i-am, Kanya West, and Fergie singing Beat It and Akon singing 95% of Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008. Just a total waste of space that I think was a bad move by Michael. Thriller 25 was nicely presented with a new album cover, booklet with few unreleased photos and a brilliant DVD page of Michael's Thriller era music videos and his Billie Jean performance on Motown 25. But I'm pretty sure most fans like myself re-bought the Thriller album for more than the 2nd or 3rd (I think I've bought over 10 copies of the Thriller album since 1983 in different formats and versions), for those things and for an official version of the bootleg (previously unreleased) For All Time, and not for the remixes with current artists.

I would like a Bad 25 to be more like the Thriller Special Edition from 2001, which had brilliant content of one unreleased song Carousel (but it was a bootleg like For All Time that had been heard by fans for quite a while since the around 1995, and known as Circus Girl), and a rare song Some One In The Dark, a great truly unreleased demo of Billie Jean (Home Demo From 1981), and another truly unreleased demo of Michael and Vincent Price doing the voice over for Thriller. It may have been thin on Bonus Material in my view but I really liked what I heard and it put what made the Thriller album so amazing, and Michael's genius more clear because the music wasn't tampered with by other current producers who had nothing to do with the Thriller album. Who's remixes dated quickly, against the original versions of songs on Thriller both released and unreleased that always sound current and fresh. I don't want to hear any current artists and producers remixing Bad, Man In The Mirror, Dirty Diana or Smooth Criminal. I don't want to hear covers by current artists singing Michael's songs, because I don't like hearing other people sing Michael's songs, because even great vocalists sound flat when they sing a Michael Jackson song. I hated Alien Ant Farms cover of Smooth Criminal, it very childish and gimmicky, and not refined and cinematic like Michael's original version.

I would like to hear unreleased songs from Bad, like Apocalypse Now, Crack Kills and other songs. And demos for Bad and Smooth Criminal etc. Maybe one or two live versions of songs from the Bad Tour like Another Part Of Me, Bad and Man In The Mirror. It would be nice for Bad 25 to come with a Blu-ray or DVD, with a full Bad Tour concert from 1988-89, or full performances of one or two songs from the Bad album. Or even behind the scenes Making of documentary's from some of the videos from the Bad album.

Last edited:
The new unreleased (and finished?) version of Cheater would be a great addition to the Bad Anniversary album. MJ updated it himself with Rodney Jerkins.

The fact that Casio tracks were even being considered for Cirque is a disgrace.
And I hate having to face the prospect of every future album having their authenticity questioned because of Michael.
Regarding a Bad World Tour Blu Ray release, this news relates to three new CD's, I'm sure they have a video release planned that isn't mentioned here.

I think the estate could learn a real lesson from the recently released "Nevermind" 20th anniversary CD by Nirvana. Not only is there the standard, original release, there is a two disk version with completely unreleased tracks and live audio. To go along with there's a FOUR disk version with even more material (as well as a poster I believe). To top it off, there is a four LP pack. Now that is dedication towards the fans. I believe the estate at least owes us something like this.

I could easily envision something like a re-release and remaster of Bad (with a digital copy), a seperate two disk version with a few unreleased tracks and audio from the Bad Tour, and also an LP set. A simple CD would not restore Michael's presence in the industry in this day in age.

Last edited:
MJNA MJNEWSALERTS.com
@
@michaonthemoon @CEThomson Yeah Branca told me himself the DVD will be packed with the album. Not public yet though ;)
vor 13 Stunden

Great news about the BAD concert release.

A BAD Live CD would be EPIC too!

The fact that Casio tracks were even being considered for Cirque is a disgrace.
And I hate having to face the prospect of every future album having their authenticity questioned because of Michael.
Regarding a Bad World Tour Blu Ray release, this news relates to three new CD's, I'm sure they have a video release planned that isn't mentioned here.

I think the estate could learn a real lesson from the recently released "Nevermind" 20th anniversary CD by Nirvana. Not only is there the standard, original release, there is a two disk version with completely unreleased tracks and live audio. To go along with there's a FOUR disk version with even more material (as well as a poster I believe). To top it off, there is a four LP pack. Now that is dedication towards the fans. I believe the estate at least owes us something like this.

I could easily envision something like a re-release and remaster of Bad (with a digital copy), a seperate two disk version with a few unreleased tracks and audio from the Bad Tour, and also an LP set. A simple CD would not restore Michael's presence in the industry in this day in age.

I agree. It's all very well saying how good the Estate were to remove the Cascio tracks from Cirque, which is a good thing, but a competent Estate that is in touch with the fans would not have included them in the first place. Not only that, but they would have done a more thorough and in depth investigation of them a year ago, where they would have found out the reality of what those tracks contain. I don't trust them and I think they have a shown a level of gross stupidity, ignorance and disrespect so far. No future release that contains alleged previously unreleased material can be trusted or supported until we have seen the complete tracklist/heard the album.

I'll buy the Cirque soundtrack after seeing the show. The musical director mentioned that they tried to bring out Michael's vocals more when working on the music of the Cirque show. I hope the soundtrack will bring some nice surprises!

As for BAD 25, I hope they don't follow the template of Thriller 25. I don't think it's necessary to add gimmicks like having artists nowadays to cover Michael's songs. Instead, I wish they put some organic, untouched demos in. The more finished is not always better. And, please don't include a DVD of BAD era videos. I've already purchased the same video multiple times. Include a BAD tour DVD (preferably Blu-ray), a making-of documentary and live performances. Bottomline, please make this anniversary edition something worth buying and collecting.

Finally, I truly want to support the album of unreleased materials. Please do it right this time. Don't disappoint fans again!

I hope I don't sound demanding. Just expressing my opinion. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back