Billboard: 3 new MJ albums on the way (IMMORTAL soundtrack to be released Nov. 21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkgenie

Proud Member
Eleven months after announcing the Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour, writer/director Jamie King and his collaborators at Cirque du Soleil are itching to get the production under way on Oct. 2 in Montreal. And the Jackson estate -- which authorized and partnered in the project -- is making more plans for the late star for 2012.

A soundtrack album from The Immortal World Tour is slated to be released Nov. 21.
(Now updated as : A soundtrack album from The Immortal World Tour is tentatively slated to be released by year's end. )

Weitzman says that in addition to the Cirque show, the Jackson estate is contemplating several other projects. The 25th anniversary of the "Bad" album in 2012 may be commemorated with a special package similar to 2008's "Thriller 25," while another set of unreleased material to follow 2010's "Michael" collection is also being considered. "It's a pretty vibrant estate in the sense that it continues to generate not just catalog opportunities but plenty of other ideas," Weitzman says.

source:
http://www.billboard.com/news/micha...on-steroids-cirque-du-soleil-1005377642.story

Last edited:
I think billboard is the source? I hope the soundtrack does well. I would like to see a bad tour dvd too. (Don't want to sound greedy).

2012 is going to be a great year I think!

BUT - since none of this is confirmed I do not think it should be BREAKING NEWS !

When I saw the big red box with BREAKING NEWS I thought there was something official about 3 albums.

I thought this would be the order of which things would happen. The Estate needs Cirque and Bad re-release to be perfect to increase our faith in them before another new album which will hopefully exceed our somewhat low expectations!

Great... I will take thing piece of news and savour it. Because things have been very very dark these past few days.

Of course, looking forward to support MJ's legacy whichever way I can.

Long Live The King!!!

There's a mistake in the Billboard article. It says Immortal will be playing permanantly in Vegas after next July. It's actually going on tour worldwide. The Vegas show is a separate production. After the last disaster I don't have too much faith left.

All of the above is going to happen ;)

So the album is coming after Bad?

Great news, being honest I have faith in the Estate, they won't mess this up again. Even from the outset of 'Michael' and the crap thats gone on I knew they would try and repay the fans and make up for it, and that it would be a gradual process starting with Cirque.*

I'm not as excited as I was Pre-Michael, but I'm sure Cirque, Bad re-release/Tour and hints of info about new album will peak that again!

Hmm, I hope the Cirque soundtrack is the actual music used, not just a selection of Michaels recordings like on the This Is It CD.
I of course will be buying Bad 25, that won't be too hard to mess up :)
As for the new album, I'm highly skeptical.

If Thriller25 had some awful remixes..what will Bad25 have? Remixes, New Bad era songs?

I am sure there are unreleased material that would be great to hear. I think we can give another chance at this.

I know its typical of some of us to criticise...........

But where the hell is the release of the Bad World Tour???

That is the only release that'll get me excited!!!!

I know its typical of some of us to criticise...........

But where the hell is the release of the Bad World Tour???

That is the only release that'll get me excited!!!!

It's never been anything more than a rumour I'm afraid. Nothing has ever been announced about that.

ok great i will buy anything of Michael's as long as it IS MICHAEL singing. I will download it first here if there is an impostor on it and for their sake there better not be.

I cannot wait maybe hopefully we get Black Widow on the new album yes that's a Cascio track but it's MJ since he's on all of them and it's amazing !

I cannot wait maybe hopefully we get Black Widow on the new album yes that's a Cascio track but it's MJ since he's on all of them and it's amazing !

I really hope you are joking. Black Widow is a bunch of pasted adlibs from previous MJ songs, with James Porte on backing vocals and Jason Cupeta on lead vocals. There are 4 pastes before the lead vocals even start. Anyway, according to Gaz, there should not be any more Cascio tracks on any future releases, especially after we successfully got them removed from Cirque.

I can't wait.

GAZ - will the new album come in 2012 too ??

I love Michael - so I am looking very much forward to more new material!

I wish the coming-up soundtrack is a remix album, not only a greatest hits Compilation.

BUT - I too am looking forward to BAD world tour on Blu-Ray. Hope they make at least 2 releases. - And the more the better :lol:

1. with the best BAD performances - like a compilation. The true set-list, but the best performances from different concerts.
2. An entire concert - Wembley og L.A.. No cheating like the DWT Bucharest concert that is mixed with clips from different concerts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back