Beyonce Leak Samples DSTYGE - Listen!

I think she did this song more out of fun, especially when she starts laughing at one point.

another boring lounge take by beyonce and soulless. could have made a real social statement but went out soft and corny. could have paid MJ and President Obama a real tribute and so many other great african americans a just due instead of this garbage. like ray charles said any 10 year old could have laughed and giggled and done a vocal run of a proven great track.

Oooook...

Sorry to Beyoncé Fans - but I don't like it. I know she loves MJ and (maybe) it's kind of a tribute, but couldn't she just cover DSTYGE instead of trying to make a new song out of it or write a song for Michael? *sigh* I'd go crazy if she'd release that and people would think that this is an original song of her and forgetting that it is DSTYGE!!

Oh btw, since I saw that there's a link for 'Right here' - I like that version, I really do and I also like "All Eyez on me" by Monica, it's fun :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAvqLEuU7mM

I dont think its that bad i like it, its quite catchy and I respect her for trying something new rather than just doing a cover which I hate, so I rate her for this but obviously not as good as the original!

I don't really like it although I do like a lot of Beyonce's music....just not this song.

I love Beyonce but damn, why did she have to go and f up a great song? If you want to pay tribute, create your own stuff and dedicate it to Michael. Don't copy his stuff......it makes you look stupid.

I think this song has/had potential. It just sounds unfinished/unpolished to me. Not my favourite thing I've heard but not the worst by any stretch.

Damn, Beyonce! Stick to your own music. I think that Michael's estate shouldn't allow any more musicians to sample his music. Wasn't Fergie bad enough on the Thriller 25th Anniversary Edition CD?!! I hate hearing butchered Michael Jackson songs!

I loved the song apart from the choruses - that's when Michael's song becomes too aparant. Had she only just the percussion bit and re-done the chorus, this would have been a definite hit! And a nice tribute :)

I don't get it. DSTYGE doesn't quite fit in there imo. And what's up with that laughing :blink:

Will MJ Estate make money on this song? - She has to pay for using the DSTYGE sound right?

^ just like rihanna used the WBSS part, I guess.

and, no. Just no. I'ts a DISASTER

I like it. I love any song that samples MJ as long as the use the REAL sample and not a cheap-recreated one.

The thing is that its called Black Culture, and im officially left out, just cause of the name...Michael was universal, yet she has one the most wonderful female voices....im like, i mean hear her voice...breathless

She sings "WE ARE, BLACK CULTURE", it could have been "THIS IS, BLACK CULTURE" but i dont know, is her choice

Back