BBC 'pulls Paul McCartney's Michael Jackson impersonation'

mo_rizwan

Proud Member
sirpaul1214170cxt5.jpg

31 December 20080
BBC 'pulls Paul McCartney's Michael Jackson impersonation'

The BBC has pulled an interview with Sir Paul McCartney in which the former Beatle did a "trans-racial impression" of Michael Jackson, it has been claimed.

Sir Paul is said to have talked in a high-pitched Jackson-style voice when asked about the singer, which BBC managers decided could prove offensive.

A Corporation source told the Daily Mail: "McCartney started to reply in this high-pitched J*cko voice, and apparently it was very funny. But the BBC - deeply nervous, perhaps because of the Jonathan Ross-Russell Brand affair - has declined to broadcast the interview."

Explaining the reasoning as to why the impression could possibly be deemed offensive or unsuitable for broadcast, the source continued: "They say it's a 'trans-racial impression' - that's what they say in a memo - and even by Macca that is beyond the pale."

Sir Paul and Jackson used to be friends, but fell out when Jackson outbid the Liverpudlian for the rights to most of the Beatles' back catalogue. Jackson bought the rights for £33 million ($48m).

The purchase soured their friendship.

Sir Paul later said: "You know what doesn't feel very good, is going on tour and paying to sing all my songs. Every time I sing Hey Jude, I've got to pay someone."

Source: Telegraph

Is this story legit or is somebody just trying to start something?

I mean, why would that have to "pull" the ENTIRE interview, couldn't they have just edited that portion of the interview out.

Aside from that, Sir Paul should no longer take questions regarding the sale of his songs. It's been how many years now? Time to move on Sir Paul, what's done is done!

wow i wish america would pull michael insults that easily

so this interview was new..because he has done this with his ..Michael voice.. before. haha

I wish I could see what they were talking about. I don't know what they meant by trans-racial, only that mabey he said something about Michael being black.

yeh after the whole russell brand and jonathon ross thing the BBC are being REALLY careful on what they broadcast because it could be offensive.

yeh after the whole russell brand and jonathon ross thing the BBC are being REALLY careful on what they broadcast because it could be offensive.

I don't know about the incident you're referring to. I don't get british tv. What happened?

I know the BBC are extra jumpy at the moment but they didn't really need to pull the whole interview, macca fans are just gonna get more pissed and blame (wrongly, of course) Michael for this silliness.
As for the 'trans-racial impression', well i think its the best reason they could come up with at the time.
Macca should just get over it and move on....so bitter and pathetic :doh:

i'm just a fan of the UK...lol..they seem to be such MJ supporters, these days..lol

one thing is for sure..Paul is bitter about the sale...the comment he made about paying to sing his songs is real..so...there it is..

i am glad to see UK media realize that MJ has fans..(see? i made a positive media comment. lol)

and it's better that the interview not be broadcast. from how it's described, it sounds like a powder keg..

and this forum is one forum that doesn't need powder kegs...lol :lol:

sometimes..censoring is a good thing.

I know the BBC are extra jumpy at the moment but they didn't really need to pull the whole interview, macca fans are just gonna get more pissed and blame (wrongly, of course) Michael for this silliness.
As for the 'trans-racial impression', well i think its the best reason they could come up with at the time.
Who cares what Mecca fans think. Beleive me, his fans will find fault in MIchael no matter what. typical. If they want to blame Michael for the incident then jackson fans can cry racism. Why would a white man try to talk down a black man who brought the music fair and square? Paul own alot of black music that many R & B singer would like to have (Bo Didly was one). SO if a white man can get the music from black artist, so can a blacks man who brought the biggest white group music. I think even calling MIchael ""J***o is a form of bigory as well. Why do they need to disrepect a black man by calling him out of his name whereas they do not call whites out of their name.

Let them get pissed. McCartney's mockery should not be blamed on the target of his mockery.

These lot of people have no respect for MJ and McCartney thinks he can openly come out to mock MJ after all that has happened.

I couldn't care less if his fans get pissed. What does it change? They have been the ones making life hell for MJ afterall, writing trash, making all sorts of comments. It's high time they knew they are being racist by continuously mocking and deriding someone who is not their race just because of his skin color and his voice.

Let McCartney make an impersonation of JayZ or Busta Rhymes and we'll see if he doesn't come off as a racist buffoon. It's MJ they think they can play off all these insults.

BBC Deny Pulling Paul McCartney's Michael Jackson Impression: Exclusive

http://www.gigwise.com/news/48467/B...Cartneys-Michael-Jackson-Impression-Exclusive

The BBC has tonight (December 31st) denied pulling an interview in which Sir Paul McCartney apparently made “unsuitable” comments about Michael Jackson.

A BBC spokesman told Gigwise that only “the most relevant quotes” had been selected from a press conference last November “due to time constraints”.

Extracts from the interview with the former Beatle were broadcast solely on BBC radio, the spokesman added.

A report in today’s Daily Mail newspaper claimed the former Beatle had made a "trans-racial impression" of Jackson’s voice when asked question about the singer.

The newspaper quoted a corporation source as saying the BBC had sent an internal memo to prevent Sir Paul’s impersonation from being broadcast.

BBC bosses were “deeply nervous, perhaps because of the Jonathan Ross-Russell Brand affair”, the source claimed.

However, speaking exclusively to Gigwise, a BBC spokesman said: “We are not aware of any memos deeming his comments unsuitable."

Sir Paul appeared on Jackson's 1982 single 'The Girls Is Mine', but the pair fell out when Jackson bought the rights to part of the Beatles' music library.

As previously reported on Gigwise, Sir Paul dubbed Jackson “awfully good” during the press conference.

You can read Gigwise’s transcript from McCartney’s interview here. http://www.gigwise.com/features/47751/Paul-McCartney-On-The-Fireman-The-Beatles-&-The-Future

oh noo..we don't wanna look like we're looking out for Michael, do wee? noooooo

ok bbc.

sorry u didn't want a positive comment from an MJ fan..lol. i know that 'time constraints' is a buzz phrase, because if u really want somn on the air u will get it on the air, no matter what time it is. lol..but hey..i'm glad that nothing offensive was aired.

and i'm glad Paul said that MJ is 'awfully good'.

i don't care if the interview was aired or not but the main question is ...did he say these things about michael or not ?....

can anyone answer me ?

i don't care if the interview was aired or not but the main question is ...did he say these things about michael or not ?....

can anyone answer me ?

I don't believe he said anything he hasn't said in the past. Meaning that they most likely asked Paul about the songs being brought by MJ and Paul probably did that same impression of MJ that he has always done, while responding, i.e. the conversation he had with MJ regarding the value of publishing.

I really don't see it being any thing other than that.

What would you like to see Michael Jackson do next following his recent out-of-court settlement with the second son of the King of Bahrain?

(Mimicking Jackson’s high voice) “You know, make another album (laughs). I don’t know, make another album, that’d be great. The guy’s awfully good.”

Thats all that was said.

MY thoughts were right on this ridiculas story
This whole story was a bunch of CRAP made up by the Tabloids
It Never happened >>> Paul NEVER made ANY trans-racial comments
about MJ and I wont join in any bashing .. over Tabloid lies about anyone

Its all CRAP ALL of it :LOL:
but it sure brings out the worst in people
who believe the tabloid media _ WOW :scratch:

THE DAILY MAIL ..... is GArbage and we all know it from experience

Well if it anit true then that good
But if it is....well it's just to show how bitter paul mccartney really is!

why cant he just get over it already! lol

OMG, I am so sorry Paul but I can't listen to you whine about these songs one more time! It only makes him look like a whiner, especially when you examine the facts. Michael paid a helluva a lot of money for that music, you didn't believe him when he told you to your face he was going to buy them, then when he did you want to act like you are some victim. This is his fault not Michael's. Michael is a smart business man, an honorable man, and you should of known that. So leave it alone! Seriously, and how mature is it that after all these years, you feel you need to impersonate mj in interviews in this high pitched voice, which in reality he doesn't have. It may be soft at times but really who cares. Did the high pitched voice tell you there was no way he was smart enough or serious enough to do what he said he would do. GROW UP PAUL MCCARTNEY!

Back