Barack Obama Inauguration

SIDEWALK

Proud Member
:)

I live in England and i'm wondering where I could watch it? Anyone know if it's going to be on British T.V or streamed on the Internet?

Thanks

BUMP.

I don't know much about British t.v... but I'm sure it'll be viewed anywhere that there's a tv at, so of course! and I think you can watch it online... probably on CNN.

Obama train ride to D.C. is a tribute to Lincoln

President-elect Barack Obama's historic journey to his swearing-in begins today when he hops on a train in Philadelphia.
Advertisement

It's another tribute to President Abraham Lincoln, the 16th president, who led the nation through the Civil War and ended slavery in the United States. He traveled the same train route on a whistle-stop tour of 70 cities when he was inaugurated in 1861.

Facts about the trip:

• Obama and his family will leave from the 30th Street Station in Philadelphia at 11 a.m. today. They'll make stops in Wilmington, Del., where Vice President-elect Joe Biden and his wife, Jill Biden, will board. Another stop is scheduled in Baltimore before the entourage arrives at Union Station in Washington at 7 p.m.

• More than 40 everyday Americans, including Roy Gross, a Teamster business agent from Taylor, have been invited for the trip. They also will attend other inaugural activities, including the swearing-in and parade on Tuesday and an inaugural ball. "I've done a lot of exciting things in my life, but this tops it all," Gross said.

• Food drives will take place in Wilmington and Baltimore, and people hoping to catch a glimpse of the soon-to-be first family are being asked to bring a nonperishable food item.

• Security along the 137-mile route will be extreme.

• While the trip is reminiscent of Lincoln's, the differences are significant. Lincoln's trip began in his hometown of Springfield, Ill., on Feb. 11, 1861, and went through dozens of cities, including Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Albany and New York City before reaching Philadelphia on Feb. 21.

Once there, security agents learned of an assassination plot against Lincoln planned for Feb. 23 in Baltimore.

Lincoln was smuggled through Baltimore in the middle of the night, his train car pulled by horses to comply with a city noise ordinance prohibiting train car engines running at night. He was spirited into Washington, D.C., in a disguise.

I'm sure they'll be a channel airing it... i know here in the states one of my fave channels BBCA is airing it LOL

I can only hope they hire this little girls to sing the National Anthem!!
This was performed at a Texas Tech basketball game, February 9th.
The National Anthem is sung by five young ladies aged 6-8!
You'll probably never hear such clarity nor a performance better than this!
The entire arena remained completely silent until the final note .
You could hear a pin drop.
Take a moment to listen to this.
The two young ladies on the right are six years old.
The two in the middle are seven
and the one on the left is eight.
Wow. What a performance. It gave me goosebumps, and made me cry...but then again I am an old softie...everything makes me cry!! LOL!

They show it here in Finland so I'm sure it will be aired in UK too :)
Can't wait to watch it!!!

I can only hope they hire this little girls to sing the National Anthem!!
This was performed at a Texas Tech basketball game, February 9th.
The National Anthem is sung by five young ladies aged 6-8!
You'll probably never hear such clarity nor a performance better than this!
The entire arena remained completely silent until the final note .
You could hear a pin drop.
Take a moment to listen to this.
The two young ladies on the right are six years old.
The two in the middle are seven
and the one on the left is eight.
Wow. What a performance. It gave me goosebumps, and made me cry...but then again I am an old softie...everything makes me cry!! LOL!

Those are the Cactus Cuties and they are from my hometown where I reside in,Lubbock,Texas to be exact. They are very talented and cute! They do alot of things for charities around town and have their own little special show at the Cactus Alley (which is a little theater)

Sorry off topic just wanted to give a little info about that since they are from where I live. :)

Back on topic I can't wait to see history in the making. Too bad I am going to be at work, but I know it will be shown through out the day or on the net. :)

The HBO Concert is being aired on Sky Arts 2 (channel 257) at 7:30 pm tonight
cant find the kids concert tomorrow yet
the Tuesday inauguration is on Sky News

Those are the Cactus Cuties and they are from my hometown where I reside in,Lubbock,Texas to be exact. They are very talented and cute! They do alot of things for charities around town and have their own little special show at the Cactus Alley (which is a little theater)

Sorry off topic just wanted to give a little info about that since they are from where I live. :)

Back on topic I can't wait to see history in the making. Too bad I am going to be at work, but I know it will be shown through out the day or on the net. :)

Oh wow Dorothy Marie!! They are astoundingly talented!! You must be proud! Thanks for that bit of info....:clapping:

Around the afternoon, I guess. 3 or 4 P.M.

Edit: Nevermind, it's starting now, since Bruce Springsteen seemed to be performing before it cut to commercials.

Does anyone know of a stream for tomorrows Kid's Inauguration: We are the future?

I can't wait! will be watching on youtube.

I'm happening to look at this pic right now and it fits the celebration mood here, so...

The First lady and ?stlove of The Roots
questobama.jpg

Boy, was that festivity lame. I did not expect real entertainment, but at least I hoped to see just ONE important person. They did not even mention their names. J. B. Jovi was not a good choice to sing A change is gonna come.

I thought it was pretty good :D
First I just planned to record it but when I started to watch it I just couldn't leave the couch because there was no time to do that! (and no commercial brakes either)

edit:and I have to say it would have been cool if Michael was there, too.

Last edited:
I had forgot it was on HBO, not televised live on the news channels. It was pretty cool and posivite, I think i missed some of it cause I didn't see Mary J Blige, but I caught Usher and Beyonce' (which I didn't focus on too much). At least Tuesday will make up for it completely!

Wish they coulda had Janet there...

I got to work on Tues.. There will be skid marks outside the door of the mall at
5.15pm!!!

does anyone know if tonights concert is being shown on UK TV??

does anyone have a stream for disney channel USA?

Mmm... tonite's concert will be on disney channel from 8 - 9:30 PM ET, and tommorow's on ABC-TV from 8 - 10 PM ET. And it will be streamed on Disney.com (or so says one article). Try and see:

http://disney.go.com/index
Happy streaming!

One of my Professors is there, I'm so happy for her :) Since I will be working my boss is having us watch the ceremony on the big screen in one of the classrooms tomorrow :) I'm looking forward to it :)

Tomorrow is the big day. Man I can't wait. I know I need sleep but I'm really going to have a tough time doing that. In a little less than 12 hours Barack Obama will be President of the United States!:wild:

Tomorrow is the big day. Man I can't wait. I know I need sleep but I'm really going to have a tough time doing that. In a little less than 12 hours Barack Obama will be President of the United States!:wild:

yay yay yay can't wait baby!:dancin:

I only some some of the program on HBO. I was wondering if that was all Stevie Wonder sang and also Beyonce. :huh: The first family seemed to really enjoy it. I hate that I missed most of the program.

Anywaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Congratulations to Barack Obama! The 44th president of the United States!

I just woke up like 10 minute ago, did anything happen yet? wait nevemind, they said 11 AM on CNN... I'm hyped!

Back