BAD 25 Documentary to Air on ABC on Thanksgiving!!!!

If they show it in primetime, it will go against the Patriots and Jets game. That's going to be a really popular game. I absolutely LOVE watching football on Thanksgiving. It's an American tradition. But I'm riding with MJ that day!

So into baseball right now, have not looked at the NFL schedule. Jets/Patriots, mega match-up. And there goes NEW YORK, the # 1 market in the USA. Can only hope it's an early blowout, for my NY Jets ofcourse.

Good news. Too bad I don't live in western countries. I don't have ABC channel and even if I got it somehow I should watch it in like 3, 4, 5 AM lol, cuz I suppose they're gonna air it in evening in USA. Well anyway, good news :)

Hmm, by the time the docu airs the hype around the album will have slowed down noticeably.

^ So? It means that people who haven't bought the album, might be encouraged to go out and buy it the next day on black friday, one of the busiest shopping days in the us. It's a really high profile slot, i don't know why people are being negative. Beyonce's concert got the abc slot in 2010, and gaga got the slot in 2011.

Actually it's a really prime spot. For shopping wise there's black Friday coming right after it and Christmas shopping starts after Thanksgiving. So it's really a nice time to remind the general public of Bad 25 release.

Also football on Thanksgiving is generally in the later afternoon (between 4:00 and 7:00 PM). If they schedule Bad 25 documentary as they did last years Lady Gaga Special it could be around 9:00 -11:00 PM and not worry about any football game.

I cannot explain how much joy this brings me!
I will be watching without a doubt.

I know what you mean. I was jumping up and down like Bubbles when I read this.

Showing it on Thanksgiving is brilliant, not only is it right before the black Friday shopping day, but even if football is still on, this will be great alternative programming. I'll watch it at the Thanksgiving fesitivies, and then go home to watch it where my DVR and everything else that records is set so I can really enjoy it, and not miss a single second. This is a fantastic pre-Christmas gift.

Actually it's a really prime spot. For shopping wise there's black Friday coming right after it and Christmas shopping starts after Thanksgiving. So it's really a nice time to remind the general public of Bad 25 release.

Also football on Thanksgiving is generally in the later afternoon (between 4:00 and 7:00 PM). If they schedule Bad 25 documentary as they did last years Lady Gaga Special it could be around 9:00 -11:00 PM and not worry about any football game.
The Patriots/Jets game starts at 8:20 on Thanksgiving night. I'm guessing the documentary will be on at some point during the football game.

If perhaps the games do finish around 9 o clock, during the commercial breaks there could be advertisements telling us to tune into the special Michael Jackson Bad 25 Doc after the game. That's good promotion also!

If perhaps the games do finish around 9 o clock, during the commercial breaks there could be advertisements telling us to tune into the special Michael Jackson Bad 25 Doc after the game. That's good promotion also!
The last game won't finish until after 11 PM.

I don't know why I thought that CBS would have shown it? But how nice of ABC to finally be interested in a postive MJ Doc for a change.

The Patriots/Jets game starts at 8:20 on Thanksgiving night. I'm guessing the documentary will be on at some point during the football game.

NBC will do an hour pregame show leading into Jets/Patriots. There will be football at the start and well after the end of the docu.

The last game won't finish until after 11 PM.

Isn't that on ESPN? Not everyone has cable and always major networks have higher viewership numbers than cable networks

I'll watch it at the Thanksgiving fesitivies, and then go home to watch it where my DVR and everything else that records is set so I can really enjoy it, and not miss a single second.

Just what I was thinking. I'm sure I won't be able to hear a thing of this program with my noisy (some anti-Michael) family around. So *if* I'm still with them when it airs I will watch what I can then leave ASAP and watch it from the peace and quiet of my OWN apartment heh!

OMG! Great! :woohoo:
kermit.gif
Waiting.... :timer:
popcorn-MJ.gif

Cool! Can't wait to see it. But will the film be broadcasted in its entirety? I mean, I'm pretty sure the BluRay/DVD will have a bunch of extras in the form of featurettes, I'm guessing, but will the film itself be the stand-alone version that'll be released on Blu-Ray/DVD or a special TV promo edit of some sort?

I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Football is soooo boring.:sleeping:

It's shouldn't even called football! What Americans refer to as 'soccer' is actually 'football'.

Oh yeah, I went there...

Last edited:
That's great. Of course I'll have to depend on some kind soul to upload it on youtube until it becomes available on DVD/Bluray. So I guess a theater release is not happening? Still glad that it will be shown on a mainstream channel. It needs maximum exposure.

I hope there won't be any football game on at the same time, my father would never let me watch the documentary. :(

In Germany the docu will already air on televison in octobre on VOX

http://www.finanznachrichten.de/nac...onen-und-packende-dokus-im-xxl-format-007.htm

Die VOX-Highlights in der neuen TV-Season: Shows mit Herz, Mystery und Comedy in Serie, charmante Eigenproduktionen und packende Dokus im XXL-Format

Ein weiteres Highlight aus dem Bereich "Dokumentationen" erwartet die Zuschauer: Anlässlich des 25-jährigen Jubiläums der Veröffentlichung des Albums zeigt VOX "25 Jahre Bad - Das Phänomen Michael Jackson". Das Doku-Event zeichnet anhand von Interviews mit Familienmitgliedern, Freunden, Musikerkollegen, Produzenten, Journalisten und Fans ein umfassendes Bild des "King of Pop" - vor allem von seiner Karriere als Videokünstler.

The VOX highlights in the new TV season: Shows with heart, mystery and comedy in series, charming house productions and compelling documentaries in XXL format

Another highlight from the "Documentaries" expects the audience: On the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the release of the album shows VOX "25 Years Bad - The phenomenon of Michael Jackson." The document draws event through interviews with family members, friends, fellow musicians, producers, journalists and fans a comprehensive picture of the "King of Pop" - especially of his career as a video artist.

^^^
Thanks for the info Annita. This definitely means it will be show multiple countries :clapping:
Waiting for info when and which channel in will be shown in UK or Ireland:chillin:

I'm looking more forward to this than the Wembley DVD to be honest...Spike Lee is one of the greatest filmmakers plus the guests featured like Martin Scorsese, Thelma Schoonmaker, Kanye West, Questlove is going to make it even more interesting. Even if it isn't aired in the UK I'm sure it'll be uploaded in a matter of hours, HD.

NFL football is huge on thanksgiving. Pretty sure the docu will be up against an NFL football game.

But NFL football gets huge ratings. It is by far the #1 sport in America because of gambling. It just might be smart scheduling. Some folks will be spent watching the two day games. And the docu may be a welcome change.

[
Hmm, by the time the docu airs the hype around the album will have slowed down noticeably.[/QUOTE]

The game is on NBC that night.

I think this is AWESOME NEWS! We are talKING PRIME TIME on a MAJOR Network!!! This is huge!!!

Also, the fact that we will get promotion for the album right before Xmas shopping season is also a brilliant strategy. I am soooo excited, can't believe it!

As far as NFL games go, there are 3 games on Thanksgiving day. Two are in regular networks, either Fox or CBS and they start at
1 pm and the other at 4pm. There's the one on NBC at 8pm between Jets/Patriots, but maybe ppl will want an alternative after two games already. And maybe the game will be a blowout for one of those teams, and ppl will switch channels.

All in all a brilliant promotion and marketing strategy for Michael's BAD25, Good job estate, well done AGAIN!

Is there confirmation that we are getting this available in blu ray/DVD? I would buy it in an instant if that is the case. Hope it is true.

Back