BAD 25 Documentary to Air on ABC on Thanksgiving!!!!

I think that the DVD/Blu-Ray of the doc should come before the tv airing, shouldn't it? 'Cause that way they could promote it...

I think that the DVD/Blu-Ray of the doc should come before the tv airing, shouldn't it? 'Cause that way they could promote it...

Tv airing around Thanksgiving. DVD/blu-ray around Christmas. According to Spike Lee.

Dang! Where is that other thread?
How long is Spike's documentary? It shouldn't interfere with the football lovers game should it?
After all, there will be 3 of them.

I'm not sure why having a football game up against bad25 is doom and gloom. Apparently American households have more tv sets than people so i'm sure music lovers can go watch it on another set.

:giggle:

It's not doom and gloom. Who cares if not everyone in every household isn't watching BAD25?
And it really makes me no difference cuz I i i i 'm gonna be watching.

I'm just trying to find out how long the thing is for my own info.
Maybe I overlooked the time. I'll search again.

:ciao:

Last edited:
Anyone have any idea how long the broadcast is? The statement on MJ.com says they a broadcasting "a version" of the Bad 25 film.

Anyone have any idea how long the broadcast is? The statement on MJ.com says they a broadcasting "a version" of the Bad 25 film.

I don't know how long the broadcast is, but according to the details just released by someone who saw it at the Venice film festival... the documentary is two hours long. So, I'm thinking that it will be edited for TV, because you know they will show commercials.

But it would be awesome if they would show the documentary in it's entirety of two hours!!

We know the film clocks in at around 125 minutes, but the fact the statement says 'a version' suggests to me the ABC broadcast will be cut.

I was going to buy DVD anyway so it really doesn't matter if they show shorter version on telly.

Last edited:
Fantastic! I will be so ready to watch this.

Another great move by the Estate!

The ABC version will fit a 60 minute slot I believe but it's just a guess

SVT here in Sweden is airing the BAD 25 Documentary! I just emailed/talked to them..But they are not sure about the date when they will air it. But they said in that they would air it after the ABC premiere!! (Late November or mid December).
tumblr_m8ugq5KS831qdkuy3.gif

ABC managed to find 90mins last year to show gaga stuffing a turkey (and some music) so hopefully they should be able to give the same to mj.

:giggle:

It's not doom and gloom. Who cares if not everyone in every household isn't watching BAD25?
And it really makes me no difference cuz I i i i 'm gonna be watching.

I wasn't really directing my post at you, it just seemed that every other post in this thread was about a damn football game! :D

I hope someone will record the doc and upload it for the rest of us to see! :)

Back