August 8-10, 2008 (Update for August 10, 2008 on post #178)

AUG 10,2008

MJ MOBILE PHONE TO BE RELEASED IN JAPAN

Japanese mobile operator Softbank will release a Michael Jackson mobile phone on August 29 to celebrate Jackson's 50th birthday. The MJ mobile phone will be sold under license of Ecbizz Japan and Triumph Int. Usa, a Michael Jackson's company created back in the '80s to sell Jackson's official merchandise.

So far black and white versions have been revealed, but a third edition is expected to be sold as well. Owners of the MJ mobile will be able to download multimedia content from the link below of mobile content portal Coraboruta.

http://www.coraboruta.co.jp/plan/?p=ml_b&gclid=CPzBs4CLgZUCFRMJewoddC7c3A

------------------------------------------------------
KOP TO BE PUBLISHED ALSO IN SWITZERLAND

Sony-BMG will release the German edition of King of Pop album also in Switzerland on August 22.

-------------------------------------------------
THRILLER FIGURINES TO BE RELEASED

Thriller figurines that show the likeness and poses of Michael Jackson in the "Thriller" short film are due to be released in Japan on August 29th.

There are 2 different designs- one of Michael in dance pose and another of Michael in 'zombie' pose.

These figurines are now available for pre-order from HMV Japan.

Click on the link below to pre-order now:-
http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2698382

-----------------------------------------------------
MTV HUNTS FOR THE GREATEST VIDEO

MTV has launched a search for the greatest video ever made. Its sister channels, MTV Base, VH1 and MTV Two have already compiled their own Top 100 lists, and the top ten from each genre will be combined later this month. The public will then be asked to vote for their own personal favourite video.

The lists are varied and different, and contain many unusual artists however, Michael’s ‘Thriller’ video must figure high in the list.

The vote will commence at 10 p.m. on August 17th.

----------------------------------------------------
‘BEAT IT’ TO BE IN UPCOMING GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR TRACKS

In Neversoft's upcoming rhythm sequel Guitar Hero World Tour, Michael Jackson's 'Beat it' is among the newly confirmed songs that have been listed in a preview of the game in Stuff Magazine.

With songs from bands like Nirvana, The Beasie Boys, Muse, The Doors, Linking Park and several others, Guitar Hero World Tour is scheduled to arrive on PS2, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii this fall.

--------------------------------------
COVER AND TRACKLIST OF KOP – THE AUSTRIAN LIMITED EDITION

Sony Bmg has published the final tracklist of Austrian Limited Edition of King Of Pop greatest hits. Among Michael's smash hits also ABC and Can You Feel It from the Jacksons have been included. Like the German edition, this edition will contain Jason Nevin's unreleased Thriller Megamix and Got The Hots previously available only for the Japanese market.

Disc 1
01. Man In The Mirror - 05:19
02. Smooth Criminal (Radio Edit) - 04:11
03. Billie Jean - 04:53
04. The Way You Make Me Feel - 04:58
05. Black Or White - 04:16
06. Remember The Time - 03:59
07. You Are Not Alone - 04:55
08. Human Nature - 04:05
09. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' - 04:17
10. They Don't Care About Us - 04:09
11. Dirty Diana - 04:41
12. We've Had Enough - 05:45
13. Give In To Me - 05:30
14. Will You Be There - 03:39
15. Heal The World - 04:32
16. Got The Hots - 04:27

Disc 2
01. The Jackson 5 - ABC - 02:57
02. The Jacksons - Can You Feel It - 05:58
03. Say Say Say - 03:58
04. Thriller - 05:12
05. Bad - 04:07
06. Who Is It - 04:00
07. Earth Song - 05:02
08. Beat It - 04:18
09. Rock With You - 03:23
10. I Just Can't Stop Loving You - 04:12
11. We Are The World - 05:20
12. Stranger In Moscow - 05:22
13. You Rock My World - 05:09
14. Scream - 04:40
15. Ghost - 05:08
16. Thriller Megamix - 04:08

-------------------------------------------
TRACKLIST AND RELEASE DATE FOR HONG KONG EDITION OF KOP

The Hong Kong edition of King Of Pop will be released on August 28. The tracklisting of the best-of is as follows.

Disc 1
1. Billie Jean
2. Bad
3. Say Say Say (with Paul McCartney)
4. Thriller
5. Ghost
6. Will You Be There
7. Heal The World
8. Smooth Criminal
9. Jam
10. Scream (with Janet Jackson)
11. I Just Can't Stop Loving You (with Siedah Garret)
12. Black Or White
13. They Don't Care About Us
14. Come Together
15. We Are The World [Demo Version]

Disc 2
1. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
2. Beat It
3. Dangerous
4. Dirty Diana
5. You Are Not Alone
6. Remember The Time
7. The Way You Make Me Feel
8. Man In The Mirror
9. Earth Song
10. She's Out Of My Life
11. The Girl Is Mine (with Paul McCartney)
12. You Rock My World
13. Blood On The Dance Floor
14. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
15. Billie Jean 2008 (featuring Kayne West)
16. Thriller Megamix [Radio Edit]

--------------------------------------------------
HOLD MY HAND TO GET RADIO PLAY IN AUSTRALIA

'Hold My Hand' by Akon featuring Michael Jackson is due to get radio play in Australia starting as early as next week!

SeaFM Gold Coast has confirmed to our reporter, Damien Shields, that they will be serviced the track by the record company on Monday. Once 'Hold My Hand' is approved for radio play, the track will go to air shortly thereafter.

'Hold My Hand' looks set to be released as a single very soon!

-------------------------------------------
COVER AND TRACKLIST OF KOP HUNGARY EDITION

Final tracklist for Hungarian edition of King Of Pop greatest hits cd has been released. Unreleased Thriller Megamix is also included among tracks.

1. Billie Jean
2. Black Or White
3. Thriller
4. Smooth Criminal
5. Earth Song
6. Bad
7. Beat It
8. Dirty Diana
9. They Don’t Care About Us
10. Heal The World
11. Remember The Time
12. Say Say Say (with Paul McCartney)
13. Dangerous
14. Give In To Me
15. You Are Not Alone
16. Thriller Megamix (radio edit)

----------------------------------------------
KING OF POP: AUSTRIA AND GREECE EDITIONS

Greek fans can vote up to 20 songs to be included KOP cd. Sony-BMG has teamed-up with Mad TV for the voting poll. There will be also gifts to give away among the voters.

Click on the link below to vote:-
http://www.mad.tv/special/jackson/?pages=2008&box=voiting

No release date is set yet for Austrian edition of KOP cd, but fans can vote their favorite tracks over at krone.at website.

http://www.krone.at/index.php?http://www.krone.at/krone/S52/object_id__107027/hxcms/index.html

----------------------------------------------------
KOP FINNISH EDITION AND TWO UNRELEASED MEGAMIXES FOR KOP BRAZILIAN EDITION

Brazilian edition of KOP will have 14 tracks fans can vote on globo.com website until August 29. On the same website you'll find also a page dedicated to Michael's career. Among the tracks fans can vote there are also two unreleased Thriller Megamixes.

http://globosat.globo.com/multishow/tv/hotsite/michaeljackson/index.asp

'King of Pop' greatest hits cd will be released also in Finland on October 1st and fans can vote their favorite tracks starting August 11.

OMG all this stuff is comming out for MJs B-Day!!!!

...and damit if the Japanese fans don't get ALL the good stuff!!!

OK, AT&T get some MJ phones for your customers...pls pls!!!

And does the US have a KOP album tracklist yet???

Am I the only one who notices that the mainstream media hasn't said anything about Michael tuning 50 in two weeks? I am waiting to see if the media will even celebrate his birthday. Elvis died August 16, 1977 and they always open the month of August talking about Elvis.

HOLD MY HAND TO GET RADIO PLAY IN AUSTRALIA

'Hold My Hand' by Akon featuring Michael Jackson is due to get radio play in Australia starting as early as next week!

SeaFM Gold Coast has confirmed to our reporter, Damien Shields, that they will be serviced the track by the record company on Monday. Once 'Hold My Hand' is approved for radio play, the track will go to air shortly thereafter.

'Hold My Hand' looks set to be released as a single very soon!
AHHHH I CANT FRGGN WAAIT ALREADY. OMG. I HOPE. I HOPE. :bugeyed:wild:

.. and damn.. MJ PHONES.. :bugeyed noo faaair. I want one!

bored.. there's really nothing going on to talk about. I assume if Mike does something, maybe the board will liven up.

Its great all this stuff is comeing out, but i really did think mike would come out with a big celibration maybe a one off gig or something.

To be honest i feel abit disappointed. Its all rehash of old hits again and again and again

Re: August 08 - 10 News and Mentionings

^ oh man, for some reason that made NO sense to me!!!!
LOL, i don't know what my problem is!!! :no:
YOu are not by yoursef. That post about the court case does NOT make sense.

Am I the only one who notices that the mainstream media hasn't said anything about Michael tuning 50 in two weeks? I am waiting to see if the media will even celebrate his birthday. Elvis died August 16, 1977 and they always open the month of August talking about Elvis.

You'll be waiting forever. Madonna will be turning 50 this week (and Prince is almost 50 too) and they didn't get much coverage either. Everyone is dying and/or getting pregnant for the media to acknowledge 3 musical legends turning a half century old.

But don't feel too bad, the Elvis hysteria is drastically down as well. I haven't heard anything about Elvis either this month.

You'll be waiting forever. Madonna will be turning 50 this week (and Prince is almost 50 too) and they didn't get much coverage either. Everyone is dying and/or getting pregnant for the media to acknowledge 3 musical legends turning a half century old.

But don't feel too bad, the Elvis hysteria is drastically down as well. I haven't heard anything about Elvis either this month.

Prince Turned 50 in July and got, what, an hour devoted to him on MTV? I haven't heard much about Elvis Presley either. Dead celebrities can't compete with the Olympics. Apparently neither can half-century old legends.

Prince Turned 50 in July and got, what, an hour devoted to him on MTV? I haven't heard much about Elvis Presley either. Dead celebrities can't compete with the Olympics. Apparently neither can half-century old legends.

Prince turned 50 on June 7th.

Family friend to sue Tito Jackson

Tito Jackson, the brother of superstar Michael, is being taken to court by a family friend over an alleged debt.

The action is being taken by martial arts school owner Matt Fiddes, from Barnstaple, Devon.

The £12,051 claim, filed in Carlisle county court, is said to be the balance of a loan of £20,551 made to Mr Jackson, 55, earlier this year.

Mr Fiddes claims the loan was to pay for flights and expenses for a visit and television programme in the UK.

Mr Jackson, with other family members, also visited north Devon to look at the possibility of buying a home there.

Mr Fiddes' solicitor, Nicholas Richards, from Carlisle, said the claim had been issued in the town's county court.

"The presumption is it will lead to a trial unless there is a court settlement along the way," he said.

Mr Fiddes said he had built a close and personal relationship with the Jackson family over the past 10 years after working as Michael's bodyguard.

"I have not filed the lawsuit proceedings for the money, it is more about the respect and principle of the matter," Mr Fiddes said.

In 2002, Mr Fiddes was believed to be instrumental in bringing Michael Jackson to Devon to take part in an event at Exeter City's home ground St James' Park attended by
thousands.

Michael Jackson's 'King of Pop' Tracks Revealed

Plus news on Ultravox and Annie Lennox

As revealed earlier this year, Epic records will another Michael Jackson 'Best Of' album on August 22 and latest version will be called 'King of Pop'. Fans were asked to choose the track list and some of the springing choices include 'Scream' with sister Janet, 'We Are The World' (Demo Version) and 'Billie Jean' 2008 (feat. Kayne West)

King of Pop will have 2 discs with the following tracks:

CD1
'Billie Jean', 'Bad', 'Say Say Say' (with Paul McCartney), 'Thriller', 'Ghost', 'Will You Be There', 'Heal The World', 'Smooth Criminal', 'Jam', 'Scream' (with Janet Jackson), 'I Just Can't Stop Loving You' (with Siedah Garrett), 'Black Or White', 'They Don't Care About Us', 'Come Together', 'We Are The World' (Demo Version)

CD2
'Don't Stop Til You Get Enough', 'Beat It', 'Dangerous', 'Dirty Diana', 'You Are Not Alone', 'Remember The Time', 'The Way You Make Me Feel', 'Man In The Mirror', 'Earth Song', 'She's Out Of My Life', 'The Girl Is Mine' (with Paul McCartney), 'You Rock My World', 'Blood On The Dance Floor', 'Wanna Be Starting Something', 'Billie Jean 2008' (feat. Kayne West), 'Thriller Megamix' (Radio Edit)

Ultravox Go Back to Vienna
Eighties new romantics Ultravox are to have two of their early albums re-mastered and repackaged with some extra tracks. 'Vienna' and 'Rage in Eden' will be out on September 22.

Annie's Collection Out in September
Annie Lennox is to release a career spanning 'best of album' on September 15 called 'The Annie Lennox Collection'. The fourteen tracks chosen for the final cut are:

'Little Bird', 'Walking on Broken Glass', 'Why', 'No More I Love You's', 'Precious', 'Love', 'Song for a Vampire', 'A Thousand Beautiful Things', 'Sing', 'Pavement Cracks', 'A Whiter Shade of Pale', 'Cold', 'Dark Road', 'Pattern of My Lif'e, 'Shining Light'

Yeah, you are right. I was sort of surprised at the low key reporting on Elvis' death anniversary. I mean this month should belong to Madonna and Michael. But they always celebrate Elvis' death..at least on FOX they do.

I can't wait til 8/29. I think Michael is gonna do something on this date.

I thought Prince was already 50. Is he August born too?

yeah that books sounds really intresting. anyone know when its out. be great if someone could give us the low down when its released

U guys r so right with!!!

I totally agree with everything y'all are saying :)

3 People!! I know the website is having issues but all you need to do is type into the address bar: www.mjjcommunity.com/forum and everything is fine! Why is this affecting so many people

The numbers at the bottom aren't a true reflection of how many people are on here.

Because everytime the "database" error occurs the membership either gets booted, or the numbers reset... hence why when you look down there only ever appears to be one or two people on with you... when in actual fact there's about 10 - 12 minimum more in the slowest part of our 24 day.

We're trying to fix the problem quickly, but you can see people are still posting :flowers:

Now

I'm sure you've all noticed that this thread has shrunk?

It's not an optical illusion I have removed over 100 posts of members arguing and speculating over Mr Jackson's private life. Ontop of that there were more member attacks than I have ever seen in a long time :ermm:

I dunno how I missed this thread...

The simple fact was the article you were all bitching and tearing each other up about was posted in Thursday the 7th's thread... and then for some reason it was carried over into our weekend news... and argued over for another 3 days straight... :timer:

um guys, the press is making a hella big deal about the elvis barbie. apparently it's the prissy and elvis wedding barbie collector edition set that was unveilled yesterday...lameness....

um guys, the press is making a hella big deal about the elvis barbie. apparently it's the prissy and elvis wedding barbie collector edition set that was unveilled yesterday...lameness....

definitely lame..

Prince turned 50 on June 7th.
Doh! I meant June!

As a doll collector, I'm going to be all over this. However--I wonder--why celebrate what was--according to Priscilla Presley--an unhappy and abusive marriage?

Give me a Paul Newman/Joanne Woodward collector doll set any day!

Back