August 29 - 30. (Updated on post #80 for August 31, 2008)

Re: August 29 - 30. Michael Jackson's bday wkend; MJ Not Appearing at VMAs post 22

glad he ain't coming to MTV. Cube nailed my sentiments. thanks for everything.

Re: August 29 - 30. Michael Jackson's bday wkend; MJ Not Appearing at VMAs post 22

glad he ain't coming to MTV. Cube nailed my sentiments. thanks for everything.

i don't totally agree with Cube. Invincible had some of the most soulful songs i've heard from MJ in a long time. but not all of the songs on that cd are soul songs. after all..he's catering to an entire planet.

He should do pop, rock AND soul. Thats when his albums are the best.

That's not me. :) I know a girl who is from Poland and her name is Kinga, too.
That surname sounds Polish IMO... Maybe she's the organiser. :)

Edit: I read the article, and she's from Poland...:yes: Maybe she's the one I know from MJNO.
:lol: Oh OK.

Yeah she did the organizing.

Am I the only one who would have liked seeing him at the VMAs? Yeah, the VMAs suck, but it'd be nice to see Michael on TV.

not untill hes gonna do something properly

If MJ goes to the VMA before to lauch the new album all people will say that Michael still lives in the pass or he isn't The King anymore,etc,etc...

He could perform something new, or Hold My Hand, since people already know about it anyways.

:angel: Well I better pray for Micheal for him to come at the V.M.A's on next week!

i don't totally agree with Cube. Invincible had some of the most soulful songs i've heard from MJ in a long time. but not all of the songs on that cd are soul songs. after all..he's catering to an entire planet.

Well, from what we've hear, Michael is doing a pop album, which is great to me. R&B these days lacks melody and is almost mind numbing to listen to. Of course, if Michael wrote the songs himself, that wouldn't be the case. But pop just means popular, and as usual, I'm sure we won't even be able to really catagorize the songs.

AUSTRALIAN KOP ALBUM

Michael Jackson’s Australian fans have voted for their favourite ‘MJ’ tracks and the Top 20 have been compiled for ‘King of Pop’. Additionally, this limited edition release includes rare and unreleased tracks, a bonus poster and selected messages left on the MJ50 website from Michael’s fans.

CD Album
Billie Jean (Single Version)
Man In The Mirror
Smooth Criminal
Beat It (Single Version)
Thriller (Single Version)
They Don’t Care About Us (LP Edit)
Who Is It (7″ Edit)
Black Or White
You Rock My World (With Intro)
Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ (Single Version)
The Way You Make Me Feel
Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough (Edited Single)
Dirty Diana
Blood On The Dance Floor
Rock With You (Single Version)
Stranger In Moscow
Remember The Time
Will You Be There (Single Version)
Give In To Me
You Are Not Alone (Single Version)
Say Say Say
Scream
State Of Shock
Got The Hots (Thriller 25th Anniversary - Previously Unreleased)
You Can’t Win
Fall Again (Demo)
Sunset Driver (Demo)
Someone Put Your Hand Out
In The Back
We Are The World (Demo)
One More Chance
Thriller Megamix

Release Date: 30.08.08
Catalogue No: 88697356252

------------------------------------------
WIN A COPY OF KING OF POP

‘Stuff’ of New Zealand are giving away ten copies of the Birthday Album, ‘King of Pop’ in a simple to enter competition.

As with other countries, the fans in New Zealand have had the chance to select which tracks they would like to feature on the ‘King of Pop’ album. Here is what they selected:

1.Billie Jean
2. Thriller
3. Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough
4. Man In The Mirror
5. Black Or White
6. Blame It On The Boogie
7. Beat It
8. Smooth Criminal
9. Bad
10. Rock With You
11. The Way You Make Me Feel
12. Heal The World
13. Scream
14. Dirty Diana
15. Remember The Time
16. They Don’t Care About Us
17. Stranger In Moscow

Click on the link below to enter the competition:-
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4672383a23578.html

-------------------------------------------------
MICHAEL KING OF DANCE

Contactmusic.com has yesterday (29th August 2008) ran an article entitled ‘Jackson Reigns King Of Dance World’.

The article is extremely positive and speaks to of “generations of dancers aspiring to mimic” Michael.

Click on the link below to read the full article:-
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/jackson reigns king of dance world_1078784

---------------------------------------------
‘THRILLER’ TOPS YET ANOTHER POLE

AOL’s PopEater.com has recently ran a poll of 56,829 people asking what they think is Michael’s best song.

‘Thriller’ came out top with 42% followed by ‘Billie Jean’ on 20%, ‘Beat It’ on 14%, Man in the Mirror’ on 7% and ‘Rock With You’ on 5%. There were several songs on 4% but they were not included in the report.

------------------------------------------
$40,000 TO LOOK LIKE MICHAEL

Showbizspy.com has reported that MJ lookalike, Steve Erhard, has recently spent $40,000 on plastic surgery to look like Michael. The money has been spent on altering his chin, nose and on liposuction. Steve said; “I understand why he (Michael) has such a large security force - He can’t go any place by himself, he just attracts far too much attention. People love Michael. You’re mobbed!”

-----------------------------------------
SONG BMG ANNOUNCES KOP ITALIAN EDITION

Italian fans will be able to vote their favourite songs through a website or a partner site to be unveiled in the coming days. The 15 most voted songs will form the tracklist of 'King Of Pop - Italian Version' that will be released in early October.

---------------------------------------------
MICHAEL MAY PRESENT AWARDS

TMZ.com have reported that Michael and his sister Janet may be presenters at MTV’s American Video Music Awards on September 7th, at the Paramount Picture Studios in Hollywood.

In their report TMZ state that MTV “have been working OT” to get Michael to appear at the awards, but nothing has been confirmed at this time.

Click on the link below for more information on the event:-
http://www.mtv.com/

-------------------------------------------
MODERN SOUND TO ROBBIE BURNS

According to a report by BBC Scotland, Michael has given a modern backing to the work of famed Scottish poet, Robbie Burns. The information reportedly has come via David Gest who says that they (Michael and he) had recorded the poetry in a studio in California.

Next year sees the 250th Anniversary of Robbie Burns.

--------------------------------------------
NE-YO TALKS ABOUT MICHAEL AND WHITNEY

Of course we all know by now that Ne-Yo is hard at work on the highly anticipated new albums of both Whitney Houston AND the King of Pop. Recently he had this to say about the projects:

“It’s coming along slowly, but surely. They’re being very selective about what they keep, which they’re supposed to be. These are two very important albums. It’s the one that’s going to bring Whitney back and the one that’s going to take all the attention off of [Michael Jackson’s] personal life, hopefully, and put people back in the mindstate of why they love Michael in the first place.”

Ne-Yo also had this to say about Michael's "comeback,"

“The entertainment side—the way he dances, the way he sings, and him being one of the greatest entertainers that got put on the stage—bring people back in that mind frame and away from thinking about when his last surgery was or if he still has the monkey or whatever the hell it is. He’s still Michael Jackson!”

Ne-Yo's own album, "Year of the Gentleman," is due out on September 16th. Neither Whitney's nor Michael's album has a release date at this time.

---------------------------------------
MICHAEL & KIDS ENJOY VEGAS SHOW

According to TheVegasEye.com, the King of Pop and his three children attended the 7 pm performance of 'KÀ' by Cirque du Soleil at the MGM Grand, on Tuesday, August 26.

Michael was dressed in a dark colored, hooded sweatshirt and the children were dressed very casually in jeans and baseball caps. Little 'Blanket' however, sported a Mystère hat instead of the ball cap (the family had also attended 'Mystère' by Cirque du Soleil on July 29).

The family snacked on popcorn as they watched the show from center seats. Afterwards Michael reportedly commented that it was the best production he has ever seen and that 'KÀ' is his favorite of all the Cirque du Soleil shows.

-----------------------------------------------
TRACKLIST OF KOP HOLLAND (UITGAVE EDITION)

Find below the final tracklist of special Uitgave edition of KOP Dutch collection which will be released on August 27.

Disc 1
01. Billie Jean
02. Thriller
03. Beat It
04. Smooth Criminal
05. Dirty Diana
06. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
07. Man In The Mirror
08. They Don't Care About Us
09. Black Or White
10. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
11. The Way You Make Me Feel
12. Bad
13. Earth Song
14. Ben
15. Heal The World
16. Liberian Girl
17. Rock With You

Disc 2
01. Can You Feel It
02. She's Out Of My Life
03. You Are Not Alone
04. Stranger In Moscow
05. The Girl Is Mine
06. Remember The Time
07. You Rock My World
08. Human Nature
09. Give In To Me
10. Will You Be There
11. Off The Wall
12. I'll Be There
13. Who Is It
14. Blood On The Dance Floor
15. Say Say Say
16. Blame It On The Boogie
17. Ghost
18. Got The Hots (previously unreleased)

--------------------------------------------
FALL OUT BOY’S BEAT IT COVER GETS VMA NOD

The VMAs aren't exactly a well-respected program in the Jackson fan community. However, Fall Out Boy's cover of an MJ classic has received a nod:

Fall Out Boy's cover of Michael Jackson's "Beat It" has been nominated for Best Rock Video at this year's 25th annual MTV VMAs. The worldwide cablecast takes place live from Paramount Studios in Hollywood, on Sunday night, September 7th at 9:00 p.m. (Eastern).

here is more news :)

Michael Jackson turns 50
NEW YORK (AP) -- When Michael Jackson looks at his reflection today, it'll be a 50-year-old man in the mirror who looks back.

But that doesn't mean Jackson is acting like someone who's a half-century old.

Jackson tells "Good Morning America" that he'll celebrate his brithday with his kids by eating cake and watching cartoons. As for his career, he predicts "the best is yet to come."

Jackson, a musical life mired in debate

Michael Jackson, the self proclaimed "King Of Pop", turned 50 and almost no one seemed to care. Fans don't know if the day should be celebrated or if they should pity the man.

Jackson had been in the spotlight ever since he was 11. In his late teens he blossomed. In is 20s he peaked as a performer, songwriter and singer. But starting from his late 30s, he has been dogged by scandal and now as he hit 50 Friday, he is a limp example of a fallen star.

There is no denying that Jackson is one of the strangest celebrities ever. It would have been fine for Jackson if he was just considered strange. After all, he is also one of the most successful artistes of all time. But when allegations of molesting boys surfaced, all the notions of his eccentricities combined with the possible validity of the allegations, presented us with a very complicated picture.

As a child, Jackson was a part of the Jackson 5 that comprised his siblings and even then it was clear that he was destined for superstardom. That he was able to make the all difficult transition to adult performer is a testament to his genius. He peaked with the release of " Thriller " in 1982 and "Bad" in 1988. He had a string of hits in the 80s like "Beat It", "Thriller", "Bad' and "Man In the Mirror". Jackson holds quite a few Guinness records and has won a staggering 13 Grammy awards. The video for "Thriller" is regarded as one of the best ever.

Throughout his career, Jackson blurred and transcended the lines between artiste, icon, and sadly even celebrity ridicule. Things really started going bad for him in 1993. That's when the first allegations of sexual abuse surfaced. It was settled quietly out of court but these allegations continued to dog him. It all reached a climax in 2005 when he was cleared of a few charges. Since then, Jackson has been in self-imposed exile.

Though there are rumours that he is plotting a comeback with an album, it remains uncertain if he will ever be able to redeem himself. Jackson finds himself in the unenviable position of having to start from scratch. Everyone loves a underdog, but Jackson is too far off the deep end to endear himself to fans anymore.

His earliest entry into the infamous tabloid world was when he was filming an advertisement for Pepsi and his hair caught fire. He had to get some corrective surgeries but many believe it did not just stop there. He is rumoured to have injected himself with female hormones to maintain his falsetto voice.

A few of the extreme speculations of his fans were dispelled when he agreed to be interviewed by Oprah Winfrey 1993. Winfrey didn't probe too much and Jackson revealed bits of personal information like suffering from vitiligo, a disease he maintained discoloured his skin, and that he was a victim of abuse at the hands of his father, Joseph.

Though he had managed to maintain a tight veneer of privacy on his personal life, Jackson now has opened himself up to a large amount of very unflattering probes and speculations. In the end, the only redeeming quality of the man might be his work. And for that, Jackson has a lot to be proud of. It's in his art that Jackson has managed to mean most to his fans.

Let's at least celebrate that.

thanks for the updates

Rockstar - some of the articles that you posted, were already posted on the news threads days ago. JUst wanted you to know that.

Regarding what Ice Cube said - I agree with him in a sense. I would like MJ to do soul and work with producers that focus on that. I agree with what Arxter stated about the producers that should work with Michael on that. I would like MJ to do the geners that he is usually known for.

Cant Let Her Get Away??!! Whaaaat!?
That's one I've NEVER heard on the radio!
Big ups to Power 99 for playing something other than the major hits!

Yes! They played MY SONG!! LOL I love that song. When I heard it, I was so happy. They did play the song before years ago on a mix hour and I was shocked that they even played it. I do not even listen to that station anymore but when I put on my radio and changed the stations, I heard MJ's voice and I left it on there. They played the hits! LOL.

Ok, y'all, the Early Show also did something on Michael's birthday yesterday and a lot of people probably did not know. So, I am going to post it. I thought what they did was not negative or positive but fair. It could have been worse but it was not all that bad. I didn't like the heading. They have comments on there and I KNOW they were negative. So, if you guys wanna give MJ love on there, please do. I tried to find the video of the segement where they talked about MJ on the show on their website, but I could not find it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/08/29/earlyshow/main4398318.shtml

Michael Jackson: Still A Thriller At 50?
King Of Pop, Turning 50, Has Gone From Stellar Performer To Recluse

NEW YORK, Aug. 29, 2008

(CBS) King of Pop Michael Jackson has turned 50.

Early Show national correspondent Hattie Kauffman took a closer look at the career of the megastar, who grew up in the media spotlight and has the battle scars to prove it.

Jackson has dazzled us with his talent for 40 years.

With his unforgettable catchy Jackson Five tunes and incredible stage presence, the public has been infatuated with the shining child star turned awkward adult, who reached international superstardom.

As soon as Jackson glided across the stage with his signature moonwalk dance, it was all over from there — fans were immediately hooked.

His album "Thriller," released in 1982, was a chart-topper that set the bar for pop music.

In recent years, however, the pop icon has become more of a recluse and somewhat of a lost soul. The last photo shown to the public of Jackson was of him in a wheelchair.

Headlines about Jackson were no longer about his music; instead there were stories of plastic surgery and strange behavior. He dangled his baby from a balcony and most damaging to his image was his 2005 trial for child molestation.

Kauffman sat down with Jackson's lead defense attorney Thomas Mesereau Jr. to discuss the outcome of the child molestation case and its aftermath.

"Because it was not guilty across the board, including four misdemeanors, I think that's a very close to total vindication," Mesereau said.

Regardless of being found not guilty, Jackson disappeared from public view and now calls Las Vegas home and according to his family, he is doing just fine.

"We always get together with family functions and stuff, and he's doing well, much better," Jackson's niece Genevieve Jackson told Kauffman.

And Jackson has not thrown in the towel just yet when it comes to making music.

"We have plenty of music left in the future, as you know. Michael is recording, the Jackson brothers are recording," his brother Tito Jackson told Kauffman.

"I'm told he's trying to do something spectacular and very important," Mesereau added.

In the meantime, the younger Jackson generation is continuing the family tradition of making music.

"Fifty is just the beginning. Happy Birthday. You're going to enjoy it," Tito Jackson said.

And in true Jackson fashion, Genevieve Jackson ended the interview singing the Happy Birthday song.

some MJ business news

Brooks & Dunn, writer react to song being played after Obama historical speech

By BEVERLY KEEL • Celebrity Columnist • August 29, 2008
function NewWindow(height,width,url) {window.open(url,"ShowProdWindow","menubars=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,height="+height+",width="+width); }
The first song played after Sen. Barack Obama's historic speech on Thursday at the Democratic National Convention in Denver was Brooks & Dunn's "Only in America," which provided the backdrop as Obama was joined onstage by his family and his running mate, Sen. Joe Biden and his family.
"Seems ironic that the same song Bush used at The Republican Convention last election would be used by the Obama and the Democrats now," said the duo's Kix Brooks in a statement. "Very flattering to know our song crossed parties and potentially inspires all Americans."
OAS_AD('ArticleFlex_1');

Brooks & Dunn appeared with President Bush during his 2004 re-election campaign, which used "Only in America."

But Don Cook, a Democrat who co-wrote the song with Brooks and Ronnie Rogers, said that the song has been embraced by both political parties. "Bush wasn't the only one who used it," he said. "John Kerry used it too. He played it at the (Democratic) convention in 2004 also."

The song, written in Brooks' barn, was inspired by the writers' desire to express their appreciation for America. Cook said there was no partisan approach to the songwriting process.

"There is nothing in it that would suggest any political leanings," Cook said. "I like the fact that it doesn't. I like the fact that both sides can feel comfortable with that message."

Brooks & Dunn's publicist said both men were on vacation and were not available for further comment.
The lyrics include, "Sun coming up over New York City/ School bus driver in a traffic jam/ Starin' at the faces in her rear view mirror/ Looking at the promise of the Promised Land/ One kid dreams of fame and fortune/ One kid helps pay the rent/ One could end up going to prison/ One just might be president.

The chorus is, "Only in America, dreaming in red, white and blue/ Only in America, where we dream as big as we want to/ We all get a chance, everybody gets to dance/Only in America."

Said Cook of the line, "One just might be president,": "That line was playing when his family walked out. Wasn't that great?"

Cook said he hasn't yet begun to process the fact that a song he helped create in Nashville is now forever a part of history as part of Obama's speech in which he accepted the Democratic nomination for president, become the first African-American in history from either party to be so. "I can't think in terms that huge right now," Cook said. "I'm just tickled to death that it was there at that moment."

Cook had set his Tivo to record the speech--not because he thought "Only in America" would be played, but because he knew he would love Obama's speech and would want to see it again. He had no idea the song would be used until he heard it along with everyone else.

"I knew the second the intro started playing that's what it was," he said. "I had an inkling of a thought that might happen though, because there was a 'Newsweek' article with a picture of Obama that said, 'Only in America.' In fact, somebody gave it to me in a frame and I have it in my office at (Sony ATV) Tree. "

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080829/TUNEIN/80829023/1005/ENTERTAINMENT

the connection is that Brooke and Dunn are SonyATV songwriters..

Last edited:

Side Note!!

Hi Members!

We know this is off-topic but we like to highlight and celebrate when our members do something exceptional.

We have two very exceptional members of MJJCommunity that have entered into the Mariah Carey remix competition. These two would really like to have your vote and we hope that you guys take a moment and vote for our talented members! One is already in the top 10 so we need to vote for John so he can be there as well.

History

Mariah Carey decided to do a competition where her fans can officially remix her song "Lovin' You Long Time." Other fans vote for the top 10. Once the top 10 finalists are picked, judges will decide who has the best remix. Once the winner is selected, Mariah Carey will put the song on her Myspace page, her label will showcase the remix, and the winner will take home over $5,000 dollars! This would be a cool competition for Michael too!

Our members who have entered:

John (username john12182) who currently is in need of votes. Listen to his entry here:
http://www.indabamusic.com/submissions/show/2664

Nick (username nick2341) Who is in the top 10!! Listen to his entry here:
http://www.indabamusic.com/submissions/show/400

Both songs are excellent and as our member arXter have said, "Our talents in the fan community is unmatched. with so many remixers, video-mixers, gfx, etc. .. the quality is always there." Lets get them both in the top 10 so they can be number 1 and 2! MJJCommunity even kicks ass in the world of Mariah Carey!

:punk:

MJ mentioning..
Nielsen stats definitively show the Obama speech was the most-watched, nonsports program in African-American households since a Michael Jackson anniversary concert broadcast on CBS in 2001. Obama, the junior U.S. senator from Illinois, is the first African-American to serve as a major party's presidential nominee. .

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b26648_obamas_ratings_touchdown.html

I am working on updating the thread. Thanks Rasta for putting the MJ business up. Just a few minutes. :)

Just as another reminder that coming up on Thursday the Jacksons will be recieving the BMI award in the Urban Awards in Beverly Hills. Haven't seen anything about Michael Jackson showing up but hopefully we will hear something within a few days.

Here are the mentionings:

Michael Jackson Mentionings for August 31, 2008:

http://www.kidderminstershuttle.co.uk/leisure/3629496.All_ages_step_out_at_thriving_school/

She explained: “There were 80 performers in the show and we decided to do a theme of ‘through the decades’, so we went from the Can Can, right through to modern day songs by Abba, The Beatles, Mika and Michael Jackson.
“It was so successful and such good fun. We are on a summer break at the moment but we start lessons again this Saturday.

Remember x17online.com that Pamela Anderson met with Michael Jackson will here is what US Weekly said went down: (I don't know if it's true or not)

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080831/ENT07/808310330/1035/ENT
Odd shopping buds

Strange meets strange! Us Weekly also reports that around 4 p.m. on Aug. 21, Pamela Anderson, 41, and Michael Jackson, then about to turn 50, drew stares while browsing at the Malibu Country Mart. "He was wearing a mask," Us notes and reported Anderson indulged the Uniglover because "she feels sorry for him."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/education/k12/bal-ar.corkran31aug31,0,4097945.story

All of the students also had to put some of their favorite things on their name tags and strike up a conversation with the person next to them. To lighten things up, the mentors also taught the students the school's spirit dance - moves timed to a medley of such pop songs as Michael Jackson's "Thriller" and "YMCA" by the Village People.

http://www.kentucky.com/712/story/508556.html

VERSAILLES — Let's take a step back in time, shall we?

It's 1983. Microsoft has just introduced a new program called Word. America is talking about the first trips to space by a woman and an African-American. Japan is responding to a new game system called Nintendo. The world is watching the music video of Michael Jackson's Thriller.

Just as another reminder that coming up on Thursday the Jacksons will be recieving the BMI award in the Urban Awards in Beverly Hills. Haven't seen anything about Michael Jackson showing up but hopefully we will hear something within a few days.

Here are the mentionings:

Michael Jackson Mentionings for August 31, 2008:

http://www.kidderminstershuttle.co.uk/leisure/3629496.All_ages_step_out_at_thriving_school/

She explained: “There were 80 performers in the show and we decided to do a theme of ‘through the decades’, so we went from the Can Can, right through to modern day songs by Abba, The Beatles, Mika and Michael Jackson.
“It was so successful and such good fun. We are on a summer break at the moment but we start lessons again this Saturday.

Remember x17online.com that Pamela Anderson met with Michael Jackson will here is what US Weekly said went down: (I don't know if it's true or not)

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080831/ENT07/808310330/1035/ENT
Odd shopping buds

Strange meets strange! Us Weekly also reports that around 4 p.m. on Aug. 21, Pamela Anderson, 41, and Michael Jackson, then about to turn 50, drew stares while browsing at the Malibu Country Mart. "He was wearing a mask," Us notes and reported Anderson indulged the Uniglover because "she feels sorry for him."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/education/k12/bal-ar.corkran31aug31,0,4097945.story

:eek: Oooh. Interesting.
Thanks for posting.

here is Madonna at the airport in Germany in her bathrobe.. I bet the media will not call her ***** or and i bet her fans will not be reading her the riot act about it.. and analyzing to death why she did it...

v3c_celebnewsheader.gif

Madonna Wears Bathrobe in German Airport
Friday August 29, 2008
madonna-robe-b.jpg

Madonna in a bathrobe at the security check of Schoenefeld airport. The singer left town right after her concert on August 28, 2008.
WENN
us_weekly995:http://www.usmagazine.com/news/madonna-wears-bathrobe-in-german-airport

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/madonna-wears-bathrobe-in-german-airport

Last edited:
Michael Jackson's album "King of Pop" released to celebrate his 50th birthday is number 5 in the UK charts.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7590771.stm

Verve victorious in album chart

Reunited rock band The Verve have shot straight to the top of the album charts with their first release in more than ten years.
Their album, Forth, was recorded when the band reformed last year following a split at the height of their success.
It knocked Irish three-piece The Script off the number one spot, The Official Charts Company said.
US singer Katy Perry held on to her number one singles spot for the fourth week with I Kissed A Girl.
Eric Prydz was the highest new entry in the singles chart with Pjanoo, pushing The Script down two places to number four with their song, The Man Who Can't Be Moved.
Rihanna moved up one place to number three with Disturbia, while last week's new entry, Scottish rockers Biffy Clyro, rose five places to number five with their single Mountains.
Despite their success in the album chart, The Verve's single, Love Is Noise, fell two places from seven to nine.
As well as The Verve, this week's album chart saw more new entries into the top 10.
Slipknot went straight in at number two with their album All Hope Is Gone, while Eva Cassidy's Somewhere enters at number four. Michael Jackson marked turning 50 with a new entry at number five for King Of Pop.

Us notes and reported Anderson indulged the Uniglover because "she feels sorry for him."

Knowing Us Weekly, the whole thing is bull. I don't believe anything that they reported. If it came from a mo9re credible source, then, sadly, I will believe it.

Rasta, Madge is not gonna get trashed in the media for wearing a bath robe. She is their darling and can get away with it. Let that be MJ, he is thrown under the bus. Thanks for pointing that out and showing the obvious media bias.

The Michael Jackson 5-0
Aug 31 2008 Matt Thomas, Wales on Sunday

Astounding, unsettling and just plain wacky – Michael Jackson’s life has never been boring. And today – in celebration of the Peter Pan of Pop’s 50th birthday – we present 50 essential ***** facts. MATT THOMAS reports

1 Michael was born in Gary, Indiana, on August 29, 1958. He shares his birthplace with Hollywood star Morgan Freeman, astronaut Frank Borman and Richard G Hatcher, the first black mayor in Indiana.

2 Michael’s nicknames include The Gloved One, ***** *****, *****, The King of Pop, and MJ.

3 He is the seventh of nine children born to Joseph and Katherine Jackson. His siblings are Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon, Randy, Janet, La Toya and Rebbie.

4 Mum Katherine became a Jehovah’s Witness in 1965 and raised her children in the same faith from that point onwards. Dad Joe was a steelworker who played in R&B groups during his free time.

5 Brothers Jackie, Tito and Jermaine formed the band that would become the Jackson Five under their father’s supervision, after he found them playing his guitar one night when he got home from work.

6 Their younger brothers Marlon and Michael joined the group, bringing the total of Jacksons up to five, in 1965. Michael soon displaced Jermaine as lead singer.

7 Always noted for his small physique, Michael is actually 5ft 10ins tall.

8 He first showed musical talent at age five when he performed in front of an audience of schoolmates at a Christmas show.

9 It was a cover of The Temptations’ My Girl, with lead vocals from an eight-year-old Michael, that launched their professional career, allowing them to start playing gigs in nearby Chicago. There they often opened for strippers on the so-called chitlin’ circuit, a series of black nightclubs in the eastern United States.

10 Jackson’s claims about the beatings he suffered at Joe’s hands on Oprah in 1993 made the show the most watched non-sports TV programme in United States history.

11 Early fans of the Jackson Five included Sam and Dave and Gladys Knight of the Pips fame who helped the group get signed to Chicago’s legendary soul record label Motown.

12 A publicity stunt dreamed up by the label’s boss Berry Gordy was organised. It made out that the group had been discovered by the Supremes’ Diana Ross at a benefit concert.

13 I Want You back was the group’s first big hit, followed up by ABC and I’ll Be There. All were penned by Berry Gordy and his songwriters.

14 During Michael’s time in the Jackson Five, publicists kept press in the dark about his age. They pretended that he was two years younger, trying to make him even more cute and appealing to audiences.

15 Michael started to become the group’s main songwriter after a move to CBS records, producing hits such as Can You Feel It and Shake Your Body.

16 It was a film that helped Michael launch his solo career. Filming The Wiz, a version of Wizard of Oz set in 1970s New York, brought him into contact with record producer Quincy Jones, who agreed to work on his new album.

17 The result, Off the Wall, sold 20 million copies sending his career into overdrive. He collaborated with Paul McCartney on the album, which still tops polls of best ever records to this day.

18 To develop dance routines for the album tour Michael watched videos of cheetahs, gazelles and panthers. But it was choreographing these routines that led him to break his nose. And – to correct the potentially career-ruining breathing problem this injury triggered – he underwent the first of his notorious nose operations.

19 According to his autobiography he has only had two plastic surgery procedures, and an operation to create a cleft in his chin. But those close to Michael estimate he has had at least 10 operations with the real extent of the work unknown.

20 Thriller is the best-selling album of all time and has been preserved by the United States Congress as a culturally significant artefact.

21 Runaway hit single Billie Jean almost didn’t make the cut for the album as Jackson and Jones disagreed over the song’s quality.

22 The video for the album’s third single, Beat It, stars a young Wesley Snipes alongside Peter Tramm, the man who was Kevin Bacon’s dance double in the film Footloose.

23 Beat It guitarist Eddie Van Halen did not ask to be paid for his contribution.

24 Ronald Reagan invited Michael to the White House to reward him for his support of drink and drugs charities.

25 A vocal supporter of HIV and AIDS charities, Michael canvassed the 1990s Clinton administration to donate more money to the cause.

26 The notorious story Michael slept in an iron lung to fight off the ageing process was spread by Michael himself. He wanted to promote a 3-D sci-fi film he had made with George Lucas and Francis Ford Coppola to be shown in Disney parks.

27 The release of the final single from Thriller, the title track, was accompanied by the famous video from An American Werewolf in London’ s director John Landis. It is the most successful music video ever, selling more than nine million copies.

28 The Beatles song Come Together is Michael’s favourite song. He covered it in concert film Moonwalker.

29 Moonwalking, his signature move, is also known as back-sliding. But it is not his invention. The earliest recorded example is from Minnie The Moocher, an animated Betty Boop cartoon that features a live action sequence of jazz singer Cab Calloway performing the move in 1932.

30 With the profits from his hit albums, he purchased Neverland Ranch in Santa Barbara, California. It included a zoo and a theme park, with a Ferris wheel, merry-go-round, zipper, spider, sea dragon, wave swinger, super slide, dragon wagon roller coaster and bumper cars.

31 He also purchased Northern Songs, a music catalogue holding thousands of songs. The catalogue includes The Beatles’ back catalogue and songs by Elvis Presley. Michael outbid Paul McCartney and Yoko Ono at a cost of $47.5m (£26.1m).

32 This came in handy in April 2006, when Michael manoeuvred himself out of bankruptcy by refinancing hundreds of millions of dollars in loans. He also negotiated a deal with record production company Sony to hand over shares in his treasured Beatles back catalogue. All rights to the catalogue had to be given up by May 31, 2008.

33 Michael had been dealing with financial problems since his drawn-out molestation trial in 2005. In 1993 he was accused of child sexual abuse by Evan Chandler, on behalf of his then-13-year-old son, Jordan Chandler. Michael and Jordan had become friends in May 1992, before the serious allegations emerged. The case was settled out of court.

34 Another round of accusations emerged in 2005 when Jackson was indicted on two counts of abducting, one count of intoxicating, and nine counts of molesting a minor. The People vs Jackson case ended with Michael being acquitted. During the investigation psychiatrist Stephen Katz stated that Michael had regressed to the mental age of a 10-year-old boy.

35 Bubbles, Michael’s chimpanzee companion throughout the ‘80s and ‘90s , would often accompany him to recording sessions and premieres. The pair would even co-ordinate their outfits. A Jeff Koons statue entitled Michael Jackson and Bubbles is the world’s largest ceramic and is worth $5.6m (£3m).

36 During the promotion of his 1995 album HIStory: Past Present and Future, (COR)several giant statues of the singer were floated on barges around Europe, including one down the Thames.

37 It was during a performance of Earth Song from HIStory at the 1996 Brits that Jackson was mooned by Pulp frontman Jarvis Cocker, who disapproved of his grandiose stage show.

38 Michael and his brother Tito were co-best men at the Liza Minelli-David Guest wedding in 2002.

39 Another bizarre story spread by Michael himself was that he had bought the bones of Elephant Man Joseph Merrick and kept them in his mansion.

40 Michael shut down the house on his Neverland Ranch, and dismissed most of the estate’s employees. He then lived in the Middle East before moving to Las Vegas two years ago.

41 Macaulay Culkin is godfather to Michael’s first child.

42 He has three children – 11-year-old Prince Michael Jackson I, real name Michael Joseph Jackson, 10-year-old Paris Michael Katherine Jackson, and Prince Michael Jackson II, aged seven.

43 Prince Michael Jackson II, is also known as Blanket. The mother’s identity has not been released by Jackson, but he has said the child was the result of artificial insemination from a surrogate mother and his own sperm cells.

44 He suffers from vitiligo, a skin condition, and lupus, a potentially fatal disease of the immune system.

45 His two marriages have both ended in divorce. The first, to Lisa Marie Presley – Elvis’ only child, lasted from May 18, 1994, until January 18, 1996. The second, to dermatology nurse Debbie Rowe, lasted from November 15, 1996, until October 8, 1999.

46 Michael is a vegetarian. He gives his diet credit for maintaining what he refers to as his “dancer’s body”.

47 He was crowned “King Sani” during a 1992 trip to Africa. During the ceremony he sat on a golden throne under a sacred tree in the Ivory Coast mining village of Krindjabo, populated by the Agni tribe. Amon N’ Djaolk, the traditional tribal chief of Krindjabo, conducted the ceremony.

48 Although he is no longer a Jehovah’s witness, Michael still has a deeply spiritual approach to life. He said: “A lot of people don’t believe in God. But science is so silly sometimes. The sun has been up there for ages and ages. What holds it up? I don’t care how many scientific explanations they give me, it ain’t deep enough.”

49 He has been named one of the world’s worst hotel guests by website concierge.com, mainly due to his irresponsible behaviour in dangling Prince Michael II over the balcony of a Berlin hotel in 2002.

50 He has managed to accrue 13 Grammy Awards, 13 number one singles and more than 750million sales worldwide, making him the most successful male solo artist of all time.

Michael Jackson turns 50, shadow of a superstar
By Jill Serjeant

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Singer Michael Jackson turned 50 on Friday, a shadow of the superstar once known as the "King of Pop" whose records thrilled millions before his bizarre personal life eclipsed his musical brilliance.

Unlike Madonna's 50th birthday bash and launch of another world tour earlier this month, the singer who wishes he was Peter Pan appears to have no special celebrations planned and a much-touted musical comeback has so far come to nothing.

A semi-recluse since his harrowing 2005 trial and acquittal on child sex abuse, Jackson has been living out of the spotlight for the past few months.

In a telephone interview with ABC television program "Good Morning America," Jackson said he will "just have a little cake with my children and watch some cartoons," and he added that he feels "very wise and sage, but at the same time very young."

Recent pictures of Jackson in Las Vegas showed him dressed in pajamas and slippers, and one had him sitting in a wheelchair, wearing a surgical mask.

Long-time Jackson family friend and lawyer Brian Oxman told Reuters the singer sometimes used the wheelchair to get around unobserved. "It is not an indication of any health problems. It is an effort to be unseen," he said.

Oxman added that for the 50th birthday, "no-one is planning anything special. He is just being quiet these days."

Billboard senior music analyst Geoff Mayfield saw nothing unusual in Jackson's low-key birthday. "I don't think our celebrities are real hot on how old they are getting. Why would a pop singer draw attention to the fact they are getting older?," Mayfield told Reuters. Continued...

Last edited by a moderator:
Rockstar I appreciate you putting news on here but you need to check the thread to make sure it hasn't been posted because it will make people confused. I am going to have to delete the story about Michael Jackson appearing on MTV because it's not true. Antother thing is you need to put the link where you got these articles otherwise they will be deleted. Thank you.

Back