August 29 - 30. (Updated on post #80 for August 31, 2008)

mariemarie

Guests
Being a fan of Michael Jackson can be so many things. It can be musical, influential, inspirational, entertainable and some times spiritual. Each person has their own meaning about what Michael Jackson is to them. He can be all those things I've mentioned or just one or two. It's your pick.

In some kind of way he has touched the hearts of many people from all over this dear planet of ours. It takes a lot of personal sacrifice to do that and to live that kind of life Michael Jackson lives. When he today reaches 50 years old I wish that we could take a moment to think about his amazing life so far and his amazing person.

I don't know if he knows, but to many he's like a father, a brother, a lover or a friend.

I'm always looking forward to what he will do next. Because, after all, there is never a dull moment when you're a Michael Jackson fan. So I would like to say thank you for all the fun times and for the fun times that will come ahead. You have made an huge impact in all of our lives.
Happy birthday Michael Jackson. We love you very much!!! Keep on, keeping on.

Im very busy at work right now and I wish I could post more news and spend some more time on the forum, but please post articles you may find interesting here until Sunday. Have a wonderful weekend. =) =) =)

News

You all should know by now that he's gonna be on Good Morning America http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55006 :wild:

Mentionings

Michael Jackson hits the big 5-0

He's been the King of Pop, the cute phenonemon in a 70s supergroup and a shunned star.
And now the man who has fascinated the world, for better or worse, since he was just a child is turning 50.
It's been a tough road for Michael Jackson.

The highs have indeed been high - his 1980s album Thriller is still the biggest selling LP ever released.
And the lows have been horrendous - whether it be bankruptcy or defending himself against charges of child molestation.
Born in 1958, Jackson was thrust into the limelight at just 11 when he became the star turn in the wildly popular group, The Jackson Five.
He began his solo career while still with his band of brothers, recording mega-hits like Ben and Got To Be There. But it was in the 1980s that Jackson hit the heights of his career - and what heights they were. First came Off The Wall, an album that spawned huge hits like Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough and Rock With You.
And then came Thriller.

The album swept all before it - winning seven Grammy awards and going on to become the biggest-selling album of all time. Enormously catchy tracks like Beat It and Billie Jean became the soundtrack to the early 1980s.
But by the midddle of the decade, the world's love affair with Jackson began to sour. He was said to have slept in an oxygen chamber, his radical cosmetic surgery operations became all too obvious and his best friend was allegedly a chimp called Bubbles.

ll were mercilessly parodied and Jackson became less an object of adulation, more an object of fun.Soon came sagging album sales, short-lived marriages - including one to Elvis Presley's daughter Lisa-Marie - and rafts of bizarre stories that, while probably untrue, proved all too believable.
But it was the unsavoury allegations of child molestation that, perhaps sadly, became to define him. In the early 1990s, his career barely survived allegations of an inappropriate relationship with a young boy.

In 2003, he was charged with child molestation and faced an ugly trial and all manner of sordid accusations. He was acquitted, but his public reputation was badly damaged.
Soon he was roaming the world, an object of scorn, parody or both.
It's been a long and difficult road for the King of Pop. Is it over? Can he ever repair the damage done?
Perhaps we'll know in another 50 years.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24261145-2902,00.html

Today in
Michael Jackson History

Michael Jackson were born

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: August 29 - 30. Michael Jackson birthday weekend!!

In france there is the MJ Funky Party on Saturday the 30th , i will attend to with other fans .

Omer: Michael Jackson doesn't like to celebrate himself

Today Michael Jackson turns 50 years old. Omer Bhatti (24) knows how it is to celebrate with the King of Pop.

Today Michael Jackson turns 50 years old. Omer Bhatti (24) knows how it is to celebrate with the King of Pop.

Re: August 29 - 30. Michael Jackson birthday weekend!! Mike doesn't like to celebrate himself, says

awwww imma buy a cake 2day lol

Re: August 29 - 30. Michael Jackson birthday weekend!! Mike doesn't like to celebrate himself, says

God Bless Michael Jackson for me and for all great fans in this world.

Michael, I have changed my life around and learnt to love again. Your strength and courage gave me back my fath in God. There has to be a God for there to be you. Thank you Michael and thank you God for this extraordinary man. Go in Peace Michael, the lord be with you on this very special day. Happy birthday.

Happy Birthday Michael!

You have given me so much, thankyou for everything and have a wonderful day :)

I love you

There is a new Thrillercast up in the Thriller 25 section

Salaam Remi

Oh man, there has been so many positive articles today. It's a good day :punk:

I had to come across friedbrain's little mention of Michael today. He just had to for no reason but to go back to his old rhetoric. Michael doesn't talk to his family, is whacked out, in his own Neverland, is not working on anything. ROTFL! I think he is pissed that Michael spoke to GMA and not to him.

I had to come across friedbrain's little mention of Michael today. He just had to for no reason but to go back to his old rhetoric. Michael doesn't talk to his family, is whacked out, in his own Neverland, is not working on anything. ROTFL! I think he is pissed that Michael spoke to GMA and not to him.

aw, he's jealous that he wasn't invited to his birthday party too, you know :(
Poor Rog'.

here is website of the news:http://jspace.kansascity.com/node/491

Michael Jackson turns 50
Michael Jackson
***** turned 50 and most of the stories are poking fun at the man once hailed as a pop king.

Unfortunately, he hasn't done much to deflect the infamy. It's his birthday, so I'm going to lay off the jokes and enjoy one of his hits. Despite his poor choices, his music is timeless. Click the pic for a classic MJ video.

news is too long here is website:http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=58153&cat=2

here is anyother news: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=94109258

here is anyother news and video too:http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/08/michael-jackson.html

here is anyother news and video too:http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b26579_even_michael_jackson_grows_up8230doesnt.html

here is anyother news:http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hZNgbrgnco68wdSY5q0bFdgp2MYgD92S3VEO0

here is anyother news:http://in.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idINIndia-35238720080829

MJ's Essentials is No. 32 on ITunes Top Downloaded Albums...

Re: August 29 - 30. Michael Jackson's birthday weekend!!

Stars wish Michael Jackson a happy birthday

Stars from around the world have been paying tribute to the King of Pop on his 50th birthday.

Supermodel Tyson Beckford said: "

He's the best. I don't care what happened in his personal life, he's still a great musician." "He's the best. I don't care what happened in his personal life, he's still a great musician" - Supermodel Tyson Beckford .. "To me he's always going to be the King of Pop."

Even after almost forty years in the business Jackson's inflence can still be seen in young artists such as Usher and Chris Brown.

Brown said: "He's had an amazing career and I think he's the best."

Rumours have been circulating about *****'s comeback and a new album has been linked to stars such as Akon and Ne-yo.

His fans in Hollywood are eagerly awaiting an announcement on a new album.Rap star and producer Ice Cube said: "I know he can make a comeback. "But if he does it should be a soul album not a pop album."

Former Destiny's Child singer Kelly Rowland said: "Michael can definitely make a comeback.

"Michael is amazing and he'll probably try something new cause that's his style."

Here´s the video:

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/m...6la37_stars-wish-michael-jackson-a-happy_news

Michael Jackson juggling career with fatherhood

Pop superstar Michael Jackson took an extended hiatus from the music industry because he wanted to watch his children grow up.

Pop superstar Michael Jackson took an extended hiatus from the music industry because he wanted to watch his children grow up.

The Bad hitmaker has been absent from the music scene for several years, returning in 2008 with Thriller 25 featuring collaborations with artists including Akon and Fergie.

And Jackson insists that he doesn't regret taking a step back from his music career, because he loves spending time raising his three kids Prince Michael, Prince Michael II and Paris.

He tells US news show Good Morning America, "I am writing all the time. I love composing and the whole thing. But I am also raising my children and enjoying it and teaching them to ride bicycles and how to read. I love it.

"(We) go to the arcade and go to the movies and do things. I want them to get to do the kind of things I didn't get to do. So, I fill them with a lot of enjoyment that way - a lot of amusement. You know?"

But the singer refused to confirm rumours of a possible new studio album: "I have always loved showbusiness and have always enjoyed making people happy through that medium. I love the celebration of music and dance and art. I just love it."

i love you so much michael :wub: happy birthday :heart:

Nice news day.

I didn't see the following bit of 'news' posted yet. Apparently not only is Michael still able to dance (per the ABC interview .. sic) he is also not too broke to quietly make donations to help clildren.

http://www.polskieradio.pl/thenews/human-interest/?id=90232
HUMAN INTEREST

Michael Jackson to help Polish children?

Created: 29.08.2008 12:37
Controversial pop star Michael Jackson wants to commemorate his 50th birthday today by sponsoring school equipment for the poorest of Poland’s children.

Michael Jackson will distribute the gifts via his Polish fans, who will celebrate their idol’s 50th birthday at the fifth annual “MJowisko” event in Lodz, central Poland, tomorrow.

“We expect about a hundred children to attend our event to commemorate the King of Pop’s birthday”, said Kinga Zaborowska, the organiser of the event, quoted on the TVP Info web site.

The festivities of Jacko’s fans will include a competition for the best performer of Jackson’s moonwalk dance. The fans will also cut a birthday cake and watch the film “Ghosts”, featuring their idol.

In spite of its small-scale, the Polish “MJowisko” event is one of the most respected and recognised events among Michael Jackson’s fans worldwide.

“We are usually compared to similar events in Los Angeles and London. Last year we got a special letter from Michaela, thanking us for the memory about his birthday”, admitted Zaborowska.

Michael Jackson is said to be spending his birthday at home, alone today. He will thank his fans for remembering about the special day in a press announcement to be published today.

Some years ago Jackson was said to be looking in to opening a theme park in Warsaw but the plans never came to fruition. (mj)

Nice news day.

I didn't see the following bit of 'news' posted yet. Apparently not only is Michael still able to dance (per the ABC interview .. sic) he is also not too broke to quietly make donations to help clildren.

http://www.polskieradio.pl/thenews/human-interest/?id=90232
HUMAN INTEREST

Michael Jackson to help Polish children?

Created: 29.08.2008 12:37
Controversial pop star Michael Jackson wants to commemorate his 50th birthday today by sponsoring school equipment for the poorest of Poland’s children.

:wub: Aww...thanx for sharing!

Michael Jackson Turns 50, Won’t Be On ‘VMAs’

ORIGINAL ARTICLE: August 29, 2008 13:06 PM
NEW YORK, New York --

Michael Jackson reached a milestone on Friday, turning 50 years old. But there’ll be no big birthday bash for the King of Pop – he’s planning on staying home with his kids, he told ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

“[I’ll] just have a little cake with my children and we’ll probably watch some cartoons,” he said via phone.

And despite rumors to the contrary, Michael will not be on this year’s MTV “Video Music Awards,” Access Hollywood has learned.

The pop star was in good spirits on Friday, telling “GMA” he was “having a wonderful time, just relaxing” and listening to James Brown.

While Michael has been sighted recently in a wheelchair, he says he can still pull of his signature dance moves and “more.”

“I feel very wise and sage, but at the same time very young,” he said. “I am still looking forward to doing a lot of great things.”

While he’s hoping to work on new music and go on tour, he’s also been focused on his three children, sons Michael Joseph Jackson Jr., Prince Michael Jackson II and daughter Paris Michael Katherine Jackson.

“I am writing all the time,” he said. “I love composing and the whole thing. But I am also raising my children and enjoying it and teaching them to ride bicycles and how to read. I love it.”

Asked to reflect on past achievements, Michael went back to the success of 1982’s “Thriller,” which became one of the best-selling albums of all time.

“That meant very much to me and seemed to be received so beautifully by the public and the world,” he said. “I enjoyed it very much.”

He had a tougher time picking out a favorite from his many hit songs.

“Oh boy, that’s a hard one,” he said, choosing “We Are the World,” “Billie Jean” and “Thriller.”

http://www.accesshollywood.com/article/11039/michael-jackson-turns-50-wont-be-on-vmas/

Re: Michael Jackson Turns 50, Won’t Be On ‘VMAs’

Meh... He's better than any of those shitty award shows anyway!

Even Grammy's. :)

I said it from the beginning, he wouldn't be there. It just ain't gonna happen :(

“He is not that excited about birthdays because he knows it’s about him. He really appreciates all the people that are thinking about him, but Michael gets more pleasure out of doing something for others,” Omer Bhatti says.

These are things that we already know. Next.

Anyway, I have some news, my local radio station, Power 99 played a megamix of MJ/Jacksons/Jackson 5 songs and man..... it was awesome. Listening to those songs reminds me of why I am a fan of this great guy. They played almost all of his hits: "WBSS", "Can't Help It", "Off The Wall", "Human Nature", "Thriller", "Liberian Girl", "Butterflies", "Show Me the Way To Go", "Dancing Machine", "ABC", "Remember the Time", "I Can't Let Her Get Away", "I Want You Back", etc. Just awesome. One of the djs even wished MJ a happy birthday. :)

His fans in Hollywood are eagerly awaiting an announcement on a new album.Rap star and producer Ice Cube said: "I know he can make a comeback. "But if he does it should be a soul album not a pop album."

I feel Cube on this. :)

I am glad that AH has confirmed that MJ wouldn't waste his time on that shitty award show. Thanks for posting.

Hahaha @ MTV. That'll teach them not to play games with him. He ain't the one to pull stunts on.

Re: August 29 - 30. Michael Jackson's bday wkend; MJ Not Appearing at VMAs post 22

And teach them respect the best of the bests in the world...

My man...Michael Jackson! :wub:

I prefer see MJ singing in a pub and receiving a flower of a fan than him go to mtv!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -_-

Last edited:

Meh... He's better than any of those shitty award shows anyway!

Even Grammy's. :)

so when the new album comes out and it wins some MTV VMA's and some Grammy's he should say "no thanks im better than your shitty shows"...???

Back