August 1-3, 2008;Michael Jackson at the 40-40 Club (Palazzo) on Saturday night

THAT is one... tight-AH place!!! Sh!t, lemme be 21 already :lol: "40-40 club ESPN on da screen!"

seems the A rod room is apart of the 40-40 club its just a private vip room. or maybe its just me that took ages to realise that lol. so maybe the kids went home after eating and mj went into the main club himself

Re: August 1-3, 2008 (Updated for August 3, 2008 on post #55)

Opened on December 30, 2007 by business mogul Jay-Z, the 40/40 Club - an All-American ultra sports bar and lounge - has quickly become a staple on the Las Vegas Strip. "I wanted to create a sports environment that would be home to all," said Jay-Z. "Most importantly, I wanted to build a place where all cultures and sports fans could be together."

2337020.jpg
4040a.jpg

That looks cool...sort of...but is it always that LIGHT in there? :lol: What do you do in a sports bar? I've never been to one? Liek I said, that one looks cool, but the vibe I get is more like when you are sitting at the airport waiting for your flight...or sitting in an office building waiting for your job interview...It doesn't look "inviting" and "relaxing" to me. It's just too light and too "spacy" for me...If they dim the lights a bit, I guss then it would be better. Anyways...like I said, I've never been to a sports bar....so I have no idea what people actually do in one. :scratch::lol:

And also.. :bugeyed click here. the A-Rod lounge @ 40/40..
"The A-Rod Lounge has leather wrap around couches, oversized leather bed as well as an 8 foot pool table, carpeted floors and its own private restroom. The A-Rod Lounge also comes with a sunken living room. This room accommodates up to 150 guests. Room is fully equipped with an independent sound system and IPod hookup, three 65 inch and one 104 inch plasma screen television, wireless internet access, Xbox or Playstation (upon request) and a one of a kind chess board. Private VIP servers assigned to your private party will take care of all of your food and beverage needs." :mello:

:hysterical: woah.

VIPRoomArodLoungex500.jpg

Arodpool3.jpg

ChessBoard.creditDeniseTrucello.jpg

:lol: Palazzo... is also a very very nice, and new hotel. :wub: it's so fancy. :bugeyed

Uhm....I am not sure I'd wanna have my dinner in a lounge that has a leather bed (or ANY kind of BED) in it... :puke: :lol: I'd not wanna imagine what went on in that place during the parties....I think my appetite would be gone if I did. :puke: "Oooookay....could you just bring my food on a VERY hot plate...and not touch anything in this room. Thanks. On a second thought....I'm not very hungry. Thanks anyway..." :lol: Why do you need a BED in there? :puke: :puke::puke::puke: :lol: Don't tell me...I don't think I wanna know. :puke: :lol:

Last edited:
Re: August 1-3, 2008 (Updated for August 3, 2008 on post #55)

That looks cool...sort of...but is it always that LIGHT in there? :lol: What do you do in a sports bar? I've never been to one? Liek I said, that one looks cool, but the vibe I get is more like when you are sitting at the airport waiting for your flight...or sitting in an office building waiting for your job interview...It doesn't look "inviting" and "relaxing" to me. It's just too light and too "spacy" for me...If they dim the lights a bit, I guss then it would be better. Anyways...like I said, I've never been to a sports bar....so I have no idea what people actually do in one. :scratch::lol:

Uhm....I am not sure I'd wanna have my dinner in a lounge that has a leather bed (or ANY kind of BED) in it... :puke: :lol: I'd not wanna imagine what went on in that place during the parties....I think my appetite would be gone if I did. :puke: "Oooookay....could you just bring my food on a VERY hot plate...and not touch anything in this room. Thanks. On a second thought....I'm not very hungry. Thanks anyway..." :lol: Why do you need a BED in there? :puke: :puke::puke::puke: :lol: Don't tell me...I don't think I wanna know. :puke: :lol:

Well, if you're ever in Miami, Florida, don't go into B.E.D. :lol:

610x.jpg

MIA_BED1.jpg

It's actually a restaurant/club where people eat and chill on actual BEDS. Jay-Z "probably" got the idea from this place for the bed in club 40/40. :flowers:

Last edited:
:lol: But in a private lounge? Okay...I'm probably just imagining the worst. Okay, so they just sit on the bed and have drinks. Okay...:lol:

lol, yes it is a private launge, but it holds 150 guests so...not really THAT private summer.

Wow, lots of news this weekend.
A huge thank you to the news team for all your time and efforts in order to bring us all the news in the world of MJ xx

40/40 club does look like a fun club..

The clubs aren't usually that bright or lite up - but in order for good photos to be taken - especially for the Sales Dept to sell the venue - all the house lights need to be on

I believe it acts like a restaurant until 10pm, then switches into club mode - as the dress code applies at 10pm, but not before - thus MJ's kids could have dinner there, but would have to leave at 10pm

Please note that all guests of The 40/40 Club must be 21+ and follow dress code after 10PM

The dress code applies after 10PM. The dress code is "Dress to Impress" This means no: sneakers, timberlands, work boots, t-shirts, jerseys, athletic wear, baseball caps, and doo-rags. You are able to wear jeans, but they need to be very neat.

The 40/40 Club is open from 5pm-5am M-F and 12pm-5am Sat-Sun. Hours are subject to change for major sporting events.

THE 40/40 CLUB LAS VEGAS

The 40/40 Club has become a staple on the "Las Vegas Strip," as it leads as an all-American Ultra sports bar and lounge. Opened on December 30, 2007, by business mogul Jay-Z the 40/40 Club is making its mark on the strip.
"I wanted to create a sports environment that would be home to all," said Jay-Z. "Most importantly, I wanted to build a place that all cultures and sports fans could be together." Located at the Palazzo, the facility hosts an elite environment that serves as a mecca to sports and entertainment.
The $20 million venue features an interior that consists of 24kt gold and platinum floors, as well as, 85- flat screen TV's that can be viewed club-wide.

The 40/40 Club is named after one of baseball's most prestigious achievements -- a benchmark for power and speed. The 40/40 Club includes players who hit 40 home runs and steal 40 bases throughout the duration of a single season. Only Barry Bonds (1996), Alex Rodriguez (1998), Jose Canseco (1988) and the newest fourth member, Alfonso Soriano (2006) can call The 40/40 Club home. In honor of their achievements the four jerseys grace an area of the lounge in honor of their great accomplishment.

"When we were thinking of a name, we wanted something exclusive -- the 40/40 Club in baseball is as exclusive as it gets," Jay-Z added.
The décor of 40/40 is a mix of memorabilia from this country's greatest games coupled with sophistication. Lush purples and charcoal glazing adorn the walls while rich slate imported from South America makes up the flooring, bars and tabletops.
The 40/40's 1500 pillows were designed by owner Juan Perez's aunt and were handcrafted in her home in Washington Heights, NY.

Autographed jerseys given by various famous players hang from all points of the lounge along with other famous jerseys, such as Michael Jordan's number 23 and Lawrence Taylor's number 56.
"Memorabilia Hallway" connects the main floor to the private rooms and also houses game used jerseys, balls, bats and other sporting equipment.

"We tried to create a place that would be favorable to both men and women," said owner Juan Perez. "We've found it - a combination of sports and an upscale hip lounge."

Executive Chef John Hilton has created a menu that is sure to please both the sports fan and the casual diner.
Guests will be enticed by the Latin-Soul lounge food, with menu selections like "The Picnic" (fried deviled eggs and southern-fried chicken sticks, with our own signature 40/40 sauce), mouth-watering skewers, and a variety of tasty mini treats including burgers, tacos, and pizzas.

the club reminds me of some parts of the cruise ship my wife and I went on for our honeymoon.. the club and bar areas..

Well i ,m hoping he had a great time and i just wonder if there is a picture of the club thing. anyways i guess he,s just out and about before he gets going on his new album release. Its nice to be hearing little things from time to time about Michael.

Back