Are Projects Based On The Thriller Album In The Works?

:bugeyed

Why most fans are never satisfied with anything? :blink:
tumblr_mdxt67va7v1qh7ov5o2_r1_250.gif

Let's wait and see what will be released before making harsh criticism... :blink: But most importantly, we will celebrate the art of Michael and keep his legacy alive to the world and future generations. No matter what.... -_-

One more comment: everybody stop talking about the Victory tour. Because by this point you're EXPECTING a Victory tour DVD to be included rather than hoping for one. Then, if there isn't a live DVD included in the set, everyone's going to whine and yet again flip on the Estate out of overly high expectations. Of course, no one knows if the registrations involve the next project, so for now all we can do is sit back and wait for a comment from the Estate.
And that's exactly why it's not "time to rant" (as you said in your previous post), when you don't know any more what this project will be than anyone else. I don't think at this point anyone expects anything. We are speculating, expressing ideas, hopes etc. You don't like the Victory tour, you think it's "crappy" (based on those very low quality You Tube clips...), that's your opinion and you are entitled to that. But I think a lot of fans would actually be interested in a high quality release of that tour, even if for you apparently the low quality stuff on YT is enough of that tour ("I mean, we've already seen everything from Victory (albeit in bad quality)"). Many fans, however would love to have it in HQ. Whether it's possible, whether it will happen is another question, but like I said, at this point everyone expresses hopes, speculates etc and we don't need your permission to do so (For the record, I actually doubt this project will be a Victory tour DVD, but I'd love to have that tour in HD.) At least let's wait what this project will be before all the usual and very predictable negativity sets in...

Last edited:
Always There, I see you did not like the Victory Tour and you prefer unreleased material. This is fine. Other fans do like the Victory Tour and I for one love it and want to own it. I brought the Jackson Five Rare Pearls that had PLENTY of unreleased material. I brought the Jackson Five Remastered Cartoon Series and it is beautiful to watch and listen to. I brought at least five books about Michael last year alone including Michael Bush's beautiful coffee table book. I support Michael in all aspects of his career. I'm not saying you don't, we just do it differently.

Many see the Immortal show as a Michael concert and it is one if not the highest grossing tour last year and continues to gross high! I do not think the estate sees that as a wasted project or wasted time. I do not know about an estate spokesperson or tweets promising unreleased material. Even if they did, they didn't commit or give a time frame so we can dream about whatever Thriller project is coming up. I dream that it will include the Victory tour. It could possibly be a live show like a musical and I thought that was the rumor before.

"Video in the nature of live musical performances" also "tour? souvenir booklets" could be a Victory/Thriller Celebration with so much stuff! just praying they use the locateoable film reels this time!

In my opinion this will be the biggest fail Estate. People already complain about the re-release of Thriller, because Estate promised in 2013, an album of new songs.
Be ready for another crappy promotion.

No more thriller. No more thriller. NO MORE THRILLER. ill probably fork out more money for thriller 40 and thriller 50 and Thriller 75. And I hope to god I'm dead before Thriller 100. Lol

Thriller 45th anniversary. then the end. nothing this year. nothing until 2027 at least

In my opinion this will be the biggest fail Estate. People already complain about the re-release of Thriller, because Estate promised in 2013, an album of new songs.
Be ready for another crappy promotion.

Estate has never promised an album of new song songs for 2013 -There has been no such announcment. They haven't promised anything, but Branca did mentioned a possible forthcoming HIStory DVD, but no release date mentioned. If they are doing a new song album they are keeping it under wraps.

@qbee:
Do you remember it?
The Immortal Tour article:
Weitzman says that in addition to the Cirque show, the Jackson estate is contemplating several other projects. The 25th anniversary of the "Bad" album in 2012 may be commemorated with a special package similar to 2008's "Thriller 25," while another set of unreleased material to follow 2010's "Michael" collection is also being considered.
article
- 21.11.2011 -The Immortal soundtrack
- 2012 - "Bad25",
- unreleased songs album.

@qbee:
Do you remember it?

- 2012 - "Bad25",

"considered" not promised... but if this is true, its way too soon after T25! Victory Tour Blu-Ray Houston or Chicago Next year, yes please! but the same songs again? won't go down well after all the releases already. As for this year, if I were working there then I would say New CD this year, OTW35 next year and HIStory Anniversary in 2015 followed by Dangerous 25! 2017, Ghosts, 2018 Moonwalker Extended with hours of bonus features, 2019... This is it 10th Anniversary & 2020 a feature film featuring home movies and footage of Michael visiting hospitals, various places around the world etc. that would be a better theory in my humble opinion of course :)

Last edited:
@qbee:
Do you remember it?

- 2012 - "Bad25",

Yes i see now - Thanks .. but no release date, no promise, just being considered

So Michael Prince & Brad Buxer songs album/ Thriller 30th anniversary in the same year? What do you think? :)

Not interested in anything to do with the brothers. Michael Prince said today new MJ tracks are coming so I'm glad we won't see another Thriller release so shortly after T25.

If it's Thriller Blu-ray or something exciting like that then great - but not another release of the album. I already own it about 10 times and MJ was not a one-trick-pony.

^ That's always a possibility... or that Thriller-based feature film I heard about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFWmSULkvXU NO RE RELEASES of the original album again. Just unreleased songs from then and demo's such as the girl is mine. & starlight (thriller early) demo of course. also, Thriller feature film & Victory Tour Blu-Ray.

Maybe It could be a Thriller musical on Broadway? There were news about something like this in january 2009.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/michael-jacksons-thriller-is-broadway-bound-20090126

or movie
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1650954/michael-jackson-thriller-movie-works.jhtml

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/thriller-movie-in-the-works-20101027

Maybe if there is a movie or musical on the way, maybe they'll re-release Thriller album with new songs to accompany it?

IMO it's too soon for a "Thriller" re-release. We got "Thriller 25" package which isn't exceptional. They oversaturate the market with all this. We got "One", the promotion of "BAD 25" with the Spike Lee documentary comming in the summer. Another re-release would be useless. We have too much of "Thriller".

I think people are waiting more for "Invincible 25", "OTW 35", "Dangerous 25" or "HIStory 20". Or a new album. But no more releases in the first half of this year.

Well if we don't make assumptions there isn't anything to discuss in this thread because that's all we can do for now :lol:

I would be happy for any MJ related Blu-Ray release!

Making of Thriller, Victory concert, Thriller videoes, performances etc.

I'd just be happy for anything new but sitting here patiently like a good girl. lol

Back