Are Projects Based On The Thriller Album In The Works?

billyworld99

Proud Member
The Estate filed 4 new trademarks on Triumph International

Hot News! On Monday, March 4, 2013, a U.S. federal trademark registration number 85866272 was filed for THRILLER THE WORLD'S BIGGEST SELLING ALBUM OF ALL TIME by TRIUMPH INTERNATIONAL, INC. with the description Entertainment services in the nature of live musical performances.

Hot News! On Monday, March 4, 2013, a U.S. federal trademark registration number 85866279 was filed for THRILLER THE WORLD'S BIGGEST SELLING ALBUM OF ALL TIME by TRIUMPH INTERNATIONAL, INC. with the description Sound recordings featuring vocal and musical performances on phonograph records, pre-recorded audio tapes, pre-recorded CD`s, and digital audio files; Video recordings featuring vocal and musical performances on pre-recorded video cassettes, pre-recorded DVD`s and digital video files.

Hot News! On Monday, March 4, 2013, a U.S. federal trademark registration number 85866287 was filed for THRILLER THE WORLD'S BIGGEST SELLING ALBUM OF ALL TIME by TRIUMPH INTERNATIONAL, INC. with the description Stickers; posters; souvenir programs concerning vocal and musical performances; books in the field of performing and recording musical artists and artists music.

Hot News! On Monday, March 4, 2013, a U.S. federal trademark registration number 85866290 was filed for THRILLER THE WORLD'S BIGGEST SELLING ALBUM OF ALL TIME by TRIUMPH INTERNATIONAL, INC. with the description Sweaters; shirts; tee shirts; headgear, namely, hats, headbands and caps
http://www.trademarkia.com/company-triumph-international-inc-1263545-page-1-2

Re: Projects Based On The Thriller Album In The Works?

Hmm...what can this mean?

something similar happened before Bad25 remember?

thriller 30??? 1 year late, MUSICAL PERFORMANCES? *.* VICTORY WORLD TOUR OMFG :woohoo:

Interesting. I have lots of speculations. Wonder what they are planning ?
It wasn't that long ago they filed "Michael Jackson ONE"

Interesting. I have lots of speculations. Wonder what they are planning ?
It wasn't that long ago they filed "Michael Jackson ONE"

I would hope they got rights to the film reels, I heard Henry Voccaro knew where they were! be interesting if this is Victory Tour? hoping for a Blu-Ray though! also, the making of thriller in cinemas and unreleased songs :)

Great find!

I hope some projects are in the makings!!

Maybe Victory tour release!! - or as La Toya called it - the Thriller Tour! :lol:

Hope we will soon get more information about coming projects!

Hopefully an ALL NEW MJ ALBUM soon!! :)

The Making of Thriller Blu-Ray would be great too! :)

I heard there was a new exciting project in the works, with possible release date later this year. I have no idea what it is though :)

:woohoo:
kermit.gif
tumblr_m8pgrqJ7QC1r6kpk7.gif

Making of Thriller blu-ray please! With loads of unreleased footage. Maybe even a re-edited, extended version.

I'm really hoping this isn't the next project the Estate's planning.

The settlement with John Landis and Ola Ray last year seemed to be because they wanted to clear the way for something like this.

Please guys, hold yourselves in. Prevent disappointment again. Lets wait for an official announcement from the Estate before we start to speculate and debate about our ideal release.

Thriller? Seriously. As if Dangerous of History never existed.

No thank you. We have tons of Thriller re-releases. Why another one so soon after T25? How about a new album with unreleased /rare material. Next album re-release they should focus on should be Dangerous and or History (prefer Dangerous)

I don't think it should be T30 because doing an anniversary edition every 5 years might kill the album's legacy on the long run. Well, they already killed halv of it with those remixes anyway... Besides, doing anniversary editions of Thriller too often... Where does that leave the other albums? Ignored?

Making of T DVD/BR would be great, but not a rerelease of the album with only more bad remixes.

How about having a Victory 30th? Would it be possible?

I don't think it should be T30 because doing an anniversary edition every 5 years might kill the album's legacy on the long run. Well, they already killed halv of it with those remixes anyway... Besides, doing anniversary editions of Thriller too often... Where does that leave the other albums? Ignored?

Making of T DVD/BR would be great, but not a rerelease of the album with only more bad remixes.

How about having a Victory 30th? Would it be possible?
it can be T30 cause T25 was sucks

There won't be a T30. The 30th anniversary of Thriller was in 2012.

No thank you. We have tons of Thriller re-releases. Why another one so soon after T25? How about a new album with unreleased /rare material. Next album re-release they should focus on should be Dangerous and or History (prefer Dangerous)
For hard core fans it makes sense to focus on other albums, but fact is Thriller is more marketable to the general public. It's on the Billborad 200 for many weeks now, as we speak, withouth any promotion. Whereas Bad 25 struggled even with the promotion. Yes, I too wish the general public would be a more open-minded to Michael's other works, but it is what it is. I'd love a Thriller/Making of DVD/Blue-Ray release. Actually I'd LOVE that AND Ghosts/Making of put in a boxset. Victory Tour would be great too.

For hard core fans it makes sense to focus on other albums, but fact is Thriller is more marketable to the general public. It's on the Billborad 200 for many weeks now, as we speak, withouth any promotion. Whereas Bad 25 struggled even with the promotion. Yes, I too wish the general public would be a more open-minded to Michael's other works, but it is what it is. I'd love a Thriller/Making of DVD/Blue-Ray release. Actually I'd LOVE that AND Ghosts/Making of put in a boxset. Victory Tour would be great too.

I don't believe this was due to the smaller marketability of the Bad album. The Bad era was a huge one, specially because the Bad WT was Michael's first solo tour! Had it been done right I'm sure it would have charted higher.

I don't believe this was due to the smaller marketability of the Bad album. The Bad era was a huge one, specially because the Bad WT was Michael's first solo tour! Had it been done right I'm sure it would have charted higher.

I agree with you!

I agree with you!

Why is everyone obsessed with anniversaries? If we have another anniversary album of any of them I'll puke! I bought vision it pretty much sucked as far as video quality. I'm not buying thriller again even if it's blue ray. Let's hope for something different like victory tour or something. Maybe they are making the brothers happy and making them some money by realeaseing victory. Again I'm done with thriller and I'm sure most of the world is. It could be just for memorabilia to be sold at the ONE show. Give us some NEW fricken music already. No more repackage your not getting my money again. If they do another re package thing give us the option to buy just they unreleased stuff without buying all the same old songs please! Bad 25 was great but if I could have just bought Disc 2 and the live album I would have been much happier. Disc 1 never left the case and probably never will. The DVD as a stand alone was good. Again NEW MUSIC please Estate!!!!!! Why can't we just call things Bad sessions or Invinceable sessions instead of anniversaries.

I don't know what this will be, but I'm 100% sure it ain't Victory Tour. Do they even have films for that tour?

Again I'm done with thriller and I'm sure most of the world is. .

I don`t think so. For exmple there was no release for the 30th anniversary of Thriller but the most radio-station celebrated the Thriller- anniversary.

I don`t think so. For exmple there was no release for the 30th anniversary of Thriller but the most radio-station celebrated the Thriller- anniversary.
Also Thriller is on the Billboard 200 album charts for weeks now, as we speak. The world is definitely not tired of Thriller. I think fans probably are, for the simple fact it overshadows everything else Michael did and it's really a shame, because some of his best works are NOT on Thriller. I wish other albums of MJ would get the same attention, but fact is Thriller remains Michael's most marketable album to the general public, whether we like it or not.

Why all so negative we even don't know for sure what they will release maybe a Michael Jackson halloween special that includes the making of thriller and ghost on DVD/bluray. We just need to wait till we get the release and then say why you like it or not. It must be extremely depressing for the MJ estate to constantly hear only negative comments even before they have released something . I know they have made mistakes(MICHAEL album and for some people the vision dvd) but who has not made an mistake in his live? Though BAD25 is an very good product only the promotion was not verry well done. I think we should give them some more credit and just wait and see what we will get.

Why all so negative we even don't know for sure what they will release maybe a Michael Jackson halloween special that includes the making of thriller and ghost on DVD/bluray.

That would be great if they release Halloween special Thriller+Ghost :wild:

respect77;3789599 said:

I agree. It is a shame that Thriller overshadows Michael’s other work, because the rest of his albums are just as good, and imo many are better than Thriller. I believe that in the future Michael’s other albums will be appreciated more, but right now Thriller is more appealing to the general public than his later work.

I don’t know if they’re planning some Thriller-related project in the near future, but sooner or later there will be new projects based on Thriller even if fans want something different. When that happens, I hope fans keep in mind that we are not the only people who might buy new MJ albums. Bad25 was targeted towards fans, but I don’t think every new MJ project can be targeted towards hardcore fans. The Estate/Sony most likely want some projects to be more popular with the general public too.

They should release Thriller and other short films on blu-ray from original film masters. They should also release Bad Tour concert from the film reels

Back