AEG: We will see if there is a way to do "This Is It" Without Michael!!

a hologram??? oh please thats stupid...might as well just watch him on dvd

a hologram would work if the footage was from the this is it rehearsals and they don't show it any other way before then

friedmans posted an article about a tribute show being planned for the 02 on mikes birthday. im sure loads of things like this are gonna be hap

NO, without MJ is not OK...MJ is MJ and Michael is irreplaceable ... a commemorative show .. ok ... but a show with MJ I do not think it would be appropriate ...

I miss you, Michael!

To be fair AEG are just trying to respond to the masses of emails, phonecalls they are getting.

a hologram??? oh please thats stupid...might as well just watch him on dvd

yeah just on DVD I think is best. As folk have said only one MJ and he was the show. Maybe have a one off tribute on his birthday but any other shows would just be them trying to recoup profits and not about respecting Michael.

I think they should play the rehearsal footage on big screens at the O2, record the audience applause and reactions, and combine the two for a dvd. Maybe on a dvd have the option to turn the crowd track off for purists. simple and tasteful.

Or perhaps still take this is it to the O2, but only have the band and the dancers with an empty space on the stage, and bill it as a mass singalong for the crowd to sing along.

Either way it's too soon to speculate. Lets rather think about the man's life and celebrate him, rather than think of our DVD collections and how to get a piece of the pie...at least until he's laid to rest.

Jeremy.

I think they should play the rehearsal footage on big screens at the O2, record the audience applause and reactions, and combine the two for a dvd. Maybe on a dvd have the option to turn the crowd track off for purists. simple and tasteful.

Or perhaps still take this is it to the O2, but only have the band and the dancers with an empty space on the stage, and bill it as a mass singalong for the crowd to sing along.

Either way it's too soon to speculate. Lets rather think about the man's life and celebrate him, rather than think of our DVD collections and how to get a piece of the pie...at least until he's laid to rest.

Jeremy.

I totally agree with all of that.

they are saying that Shaheen was on the memorial to introduce him to the world as he will be part of a tribute to Michael with his siblings.

SOmething will happen, so far they seem to be going for the 29th August - so looks like whatever it is its going to be a fight for tickets yet again.

I don't want anyone to sing Michael songs. Period. It was ok on MSG, he was alive and it wasn't the end of the world. But yersterday it hurted so much to hear other people sing his songs and he is not around to fix it :( I don't want any more tributes - memorial was the one and only one.

Maybe as time pass I will change my mind, but now :( Do not anyone come close to him!

As much as I want to see what Michael created with TII, I only really want to see Michaels rehearsals of it. It just wouldnt measure up having other artists performing. I paid my money to see Michael..he couldve stood on a stage and hummed the entire show, it was for him that I wanted to go.

they are saying that Shaheen was on the memorial to introduce him to the world as he will be part of a tribute to Michael with his siblings.

SOmething will happen, so far they seem to be going for the 29th August - so looks like whatever it is its going to be a fight for tickets yet again.

Shaheens interview on ITV news this lunchtime said that he was going to be part of the 50 London shows, that during the show, Heal the World I think, Michael would pass a torch to him,as if to pass on his talent to the next generation.

don't think that would be a very good idea.
If they did decide to do it, they should have Janet do most of the show because she has most in common with Michael and is also a big star worldwide. Then a few parts can be done by the brothers and some songs by other artist who were influenced by Michael.
I would prefer a DVD of the footage tho. Even if it's so unreal and hard to realize, Michael has passed and can't be replaced by anyone, ever

I'd much rather see a DVD of the reherasals..with michael IN IT.

I don't doubt the This Is It cast is undeniably talented and would want to do a show none the less...but still I don't know if there is any point. Like some here said...I was going to see Michael, for Michael and only for Michael.

totally agree Emmah.

I wasnt bothered if he laid in bed with his pyjamas on and did nothing. I just wanted him to see that the fans were there for him and always had been. I think This Is It was and should have been a fan moment, whereby it was time for the fans to say thank you to Michael for all he had given and for him to see that no matter what had been said we had truly believed in him - I think the commerciality and manipulation of AEG took away that. That is why I wanted the tickets, I just wanted to applaud the king of pop - like an unconditional event. However he was a perfectionist and would attempt to give nothing less than that. The fans didnt expect the world, I would have been happy for him to be 'in the round' with an orchestra intimately sharing his songs. The advisers around him got it so wrong, to encourage him to do a physical show for 50 dates and to even allow that was ridiculous. Whatever they say, to go from where he was at to then go into a schedule of rehearsals must have been draining.

My heart aches for his children.

Back