AEG: We will see if there is a way to do "This Is It" Without Michael!!

I dont think a 3D thing is fair really. Just doesnt sit right with me. Its not really a tribute. Maybe over time it would make more sense to me. Id be happy with Jackson 4 + Janet/ La Toya, other tribute acts with rehearsal footage on a normal screen inbetween or during songs.

Well if they are really planning to do the show in a live environment, I would rather see it with real people being in Michaels spot than having a hologram on stage...I know, he cannot be replaced by anybody, but better have some guys and girls up there who love his music and pay tribute to him this way, instead of only a special effect...

There are hundreds of great artists out there who would love to be part of that without even having to think about it. Usher jumps to my mind immediately, for example - I always quite liked him, and his performance at the memorial today was impressive in my opinion.

There are some other people I could see on stage performing one or two MJ-songs...but I won't start the namedropping now, because I know that some of you have mixed feelings about certain artists who loved MJ so much they even imitated him...(which I always found great to see, eventhough I know some say they only try to copy him...)

The only thing I really would want to see is a tribute show, ala the Freddie Mercury tribute concert! Perform the full show and let stars sing Michael's songs and maybe have the rehearsal footage on the screens... other than that, I'm not really interested!

What I would prefer AEG to do is to do just one 'This Is It' tribute concert. I think AEG and/or Kenny Ortega that practically everyone in Hollywood has contacted him to see if they can be part of it. Different artists can each do one song from the concert the way that Michael would have done it and that way the world can see Michael's last masterpiece.

I don't think it would be a good idea for it to be a tour with rotating artists. Heck, they might even get the idea to turn it into a Broadway musical or something like that.

But I would like to see a DVD/album of the rehearsal footage so that we still get to see Michael performing his show.

THIS IS IT is Michael's project and they can't do it WITHOUT him. If they want to do something release the rehearsals on DVD or better broadcast the rehearsals on 13th July the opening night of THIS IS IT. All the rest is bullsh@t. I don't want to see anybody else but Michael. It is his desire, his dream, his creation!

I don't think that rehersal footage is gonna be that great. Mike never really put everything into his rehersals, he never had to. I don't like the idea and don't wanna see a half ass this is it concert.

I doubt they're thinking of actually putting on the show without Michael. I personally would not go see it. The thought of it brings to mind what came to my mind when I heard that Timberlake and friends were thinking of potentially doing the shows. No flippin way. If Michael couldn't do HIS tour, I don't want anyone else attempting it. And I don't think Kenny Ortega or AEG OR Michael's family would appreciate it.

A DVD with the rehearsal footage - yes, I will buy that, as it is our last memory of Michael to ever be captured on film.

I don't think that rehersal footage is gonna be that great. Mike never really put everything into his rehersals, he never had to. I don't like the idea and don't wanna see a half ass this is it concert.

I can see where you're coming from...but at the same time, it's the last footage we'll EVER have of him. Don't you want that as a keepsake? I know I do. He's done virtually no interviews since 2005. I want something recent to remember him by. Plus, I'm sure the way they will edit and put together the material will be extraordinary. It will most probably also include the beautiful screen videos they played at the memorial today.

The very fact that they recorded all rehearsals in high definition from several angles indicates that they were probably already planning a DVD of sorts, so I think going ahead with it would be a fantastic idea.

What would they call it, the "This Is Not It" Tour?

Horrible idea. Just release the rehearsal footage on DVD.

yeah its hard,i feel with mj hes the person u obv go to see. obv the show would have be great,but no human presance would just not feel the same,dont get me wrong in time,this idea would be cool,but i dunno about a full show.

i think with future technology,one day mj will perform as a hologram or on a 3d tv for us in our own homes etc.

they should do a tribute this is it,but have sum other performers do sum songs. maby have mj do sum songs via the hologram projector.

He wrote most of the songs he sings on tour.
He created the dance steps he does on stage.
He creates the costumes that he wears on stage.
He designed the tickets for "This Is It'.
He designs the stage lighting.
He chooses the set list.
A Michael Jackson concert is wonderful, incredible, extraordinary, fa nominal, out of this word because it is Michael's heart for all of us to see, hear, and treasure.
Having someone else to do the show is not the same.
Having a hologram is not the same.
I want Michael Jackson in the flesh. I want a DVD. I want to see/hear the heart and soul of Michael.

They can get impersonators, and a different one for each song as a tribute concert...

It's better than that horrible idea of having JT, Madonna, Ne-yo etc. in September...

In 2006, a hologram of Robbie Williams famously appeared on stage with Take That
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quBrXtUG310

Imagine if they could do something like that with Michael?

Sure, it won't really be him... but it'll be the closest thing to the 'This is it' gigs we could possibly get.

And that was in 2006 and now we're in mid 2009 the technology must have improved.

He wrote most of the songs he sings on tour.
He created the dance steps he does on stage.
He creates the costumes that he wears on stage.
He designed the tickets for "This Is It'.
He designs the stage lighting.
He chooses the set list.
A Michael Jackson concert is wonderful, incredible, extraordinary, fa nominal, out of this word because it is Michael's heart for all of us to see, hear, and treasure.
Having someone else to do the show is not the same.
Having a hologram is not the same.
I want Michael Jackson in the flesh. I want a DVD. I want to see/hear the heart and soul of Michael.

agreed.
i dont want it to be performed from someone else and i dont want it to be finished from someone else.
i want a dvd with the material they have SO FAR and nothing added.
just what Michael wanted and created so far.

Hmmm, despite all the contradicting reports over the past couple of weeks, Michael WAS 50, it was widely expected that he was going to mime for a lot if not all of the show and the released rehearsal footage suggested a performance that obviously wasn't going to match that of his peak shows. This Is It was put together for Michael to perform 50 dates as he would have been today, for someone who hadn't performed regularly this decade and who supposedly wouldn't have been performing at all but for his debts. Seeing him doing it would nevertheless have been magical and made many dreams come true, but doing the This Is It shows exactly as they were intended with other artists in Michael's role isn't necessarily going to be the greatest tribute to his legend.

is a hologram why not just release footage of dress rehearsals

i hope that 2 min clip isnt all thats released i would be mega p'd off im tellin u!

if hrs have been recorded get that stuff to a production team to after effect and put out on dvd! there is no need to lock any un seen footage, get it all released, especially unseen tours.
Technology can do fantastic things with audio video and creating HD and surround sound so its time to get it done guys.

Hmmm, despite all the contradicting reports over the past couple of weeks, Michael WAS 50, it was widely expected that he was going to mime for a lot if not all of the show and the released rehearsal footage suggested a performance that obviously wasn't going to match that of his peak shows. This Is It was put together for Michael to perform 50 dates as he would have been today, for someone who hadn't performed regularly this decade and who supposedly wouldn't have been performing at all but for his debts. Seeing him doing it would nevertheless have been magical and made many dreams come true, but doing the This Is It shows exactly as they were intended with other artists in Michael's role isn't necessarily going to be the greatest tribute to his legend.

Kenny Ortega said his voice was opening up so parts were not going to be mimed and therefore would have to have been rehearsed.

if michael isnt there i dont wanna go...why would i want to???

release the dvd of rehearsels..and leave it at that.

this is it. more like this was it but now this is it without michael. errmmm thats like drinking a pint of beer from an empty glass!! stupid

^ I agree, the memorial last night had elements Michael wanted from this is it, the we are the world part etc, and various performances but just without him. Why do it again aeg, release the footage, you'll get more money back if thats their concern for doing this is it without Michael, which seems like BS anyways.

Back