AEG: We will see if there is a way to do "This Is It" Without Michael!!

georegwhufc

Proud Member
Well im split on this one, i would love to see the show, but ive already got a refund on my tickets!!! So i probably wouldnt get to see it if it does happen?! :(... what do you think?!

I have to agree with them. I think they need to do something and make it a recurring thing over the years. Or maybe dedicate a once a year concert to Michael. But yes, something needs to happen.

Maybe they mean on a dvd ? I would be way too upset to go to a Michael show without Michael there in person :cry:

Randy Philipps just spoke from Staples to Sky news, said that he will spend the next couple of days grieving, then he and Kenny are gonna get together and work out how they can go forward with the show, seemed pretty adamant cause the production is amazing. Just need to figure out how to do it without Michael. Watch this space I guess.

i heard Jackson 5 reunion (without dear michael) there for 5 shows? and i think everyone would have to rebuy tickets anyway. Expect another mad rush. It may also not come to O2 i suppose and stay in USA?

Gosh. I agree that something must be done, but they've gotta be clever about it, they've got to make sure it doesn't look like they're trying to replace him :(

I would love to see the show on DVD, or rehearsal I should say, but I just couldnt go to a This Is It concert and not see MJ, I just cant.

im not sure how this might sound but what about getting one of the well known MJ impersonators to go through with the show in tribute to mike??

There is only one way to do it WITH Michael Jackson. They will have to use a hologram, this is something really high-tech only if they have the technology to pull it off, they can use the footage they recorded from the rehearsals and enhance it with 3D graphics to make the presence of Michael digitally felt. Just a thought!

im really not sure how u can do this. if it were just a standard singer u could use someone else to sing their songs but u have all the dancing etc that is mj and no one else. i dunno not sure if it really matters

I hope they do it.

I would love to see the stage and everything.

but i've already got a refund on the tickets, :( i dont wnaa miss it if michael is represented in ANY way at all!! :(

and that hologram video from CNN, we can see her on the TV, but in the studio they cant see her.. so they would need technology so that we can see Michael in a hologram but in real time ratheer than through a screen

^^ I think yes it is gonna be really different because she had cameras taking her images from different sides, that’s why I was thinking if they had it enhanced with digital 3D and regenerated, I think they can do that.

No.

Absolutely not. AEG, like fans, need to let the man go. A hologram is tacky and disrespectful. The body isn't even encrypted yet and they are planning events.

^^ Sorry if that idea was disrespectful I didn’t mean it this way but I understand that AEG must made an amazing show with Michael and they really want the world to see it, that was just an idea. With today’s technology everything is possible.

^^ Sorry if that idea was disrespectful I didn’t mean it this way but I understand that AEG must made an amazing show with Michael and they really want the world to see it, that was just an idea. With today’s technology everything is possible.

No, that is a brilliant idea!

well if they want the world to see this is it why don't they release the dvd of the rehearsal footage, i'm not sure it would work without Michael, maybe as a tribute it might be possible but i'm not sure how i feel about someone stepping in his place to sing the songs it just wouldn't be the same.

Simple solution: just release the rehearsal footage, cleverly edit it, digitally add any special effects they were planning that didn't make it into the rehearsal, and if they want to go the extra mile digitally add an audience in too.

I'm sure that's what fans would want above anything else. It's the only thing that makes real sense. They can show it in cinemas, and release it on Blu-Ray. And put bonus footage on, like auditions and tributes to the legend.

I certainly don't want to see other people trying to recreate the show, because it was Michael's show. No one can recreate that. Use all the same songs, all the same sets and planned effects and it won't be as good as what they originally planned, because Michael is what makes the show ultimately what it is.

I think they are thinking of what they ar doing with Elvis Presley already for years ! ! ! Using the vocals acappella and play sync live band, just like the History tour aleady was most it, but then Michael Jackson on hughs screens... Because they have recorded the This Is It Rehearsal in it's complete it should be 100% possible ! ! !

I agree, but while it's theoretically possible, it'd technically be extremely difficult to do in a live show at the moment I think.

Elvis still plays concerts - http://www.elvis.com/concert/default.asp - with a live band and Elvis's vocals taken from live recordings, but it's just a video projection of Elvis himself.

For Michael Jackson, something similar could be done and there are far more and far higher quality recordings, but while Michael was a solo artist, he did complex dance routines with other performers which introduces some technical difficulties, even aside from the difficulties of actual holographic projection to start off with.

It would be possible to do a live recording with Michael's vocals and a stand-in for example, with the stand-in then being replaced on the recording with actual footage of Michael, which would give a good DVD representation of what the concert would have been like, but maybe not so good live.

I do think it is a good idea in principle though. There are millions of people who will never see Michael live. A concert of this nature would be far closer to giving them some idea of what the experience would have been like than a DVD ever could.

right guys,i think they maby mean sumthing like this with the rehersal footage. imagine billie jean!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quBrXtUG310

You know when I saw this I was thinking waw imagine if that really happened on stage in front of the fans and it would get really emotional, looking at Michael as if he was there, I think a hologram is the way to go but with perfected imaging and I think it’s gonna be really difficult with big budget.

I agree, but while it's theoretically possible, it'd technically be extremely difficult to do in a live show at the moment I think.

Elvis still plays concerts - http://www.elvis.com/concert/default.asp - with a live band and Elvis's vocals taken from live recordings, but it's just a video projection of Elvis himself.

For Michael Jackson, something similar could be done and there are far more and far higher quality recordings, but while Michael was a solo artist, he did complex dance routines with other performers which introduces some technical difficulties, even aside from the difficulties of actual holographic projection to start off with.

It would be possible to do a live recording with Michael's vocals and a stand-in for example, with the stand-in then being replaced on the recording with actual footage of Michael, which would give a good DVD representation of what the concert would have been like, but maybe not so good live.

I do think it is a good idea in principle though. There are millions of people who will never see Michael live. A concert of this nature would be far closer to giving them some idea of what the experience would have been like than a DVD ever could.

That’s true, it’s going to be very challenging. Although they might study this possibility on the table. I hope they will come up with something that will be up to the standards of the KING OF MUSIC and to satisfy the fans in the same time.

this is what am thinking, they will drop 1 performance from the rehersals with special effects etc. it it will be a michael video moment again,every1 rushing home to view it online or on tv.

Back