ABC 20/20 has a good MJ special on today

I can't watch it because i'm in ireland but based on the clips on the website it looks really good

I'll give the makeup artist a benefit of the doubt regarding her claims cause I remember she one of the first to came out in defense of Jackson's vitiligo back during that Bashir interview.

Sony and AEG could have easily edited up TII to make it look good, after all it's their job to protect the business.

And alot of fans that were around Michael at the time talked about how he did not look good and were very concerned.

Thanks for the livestream link laramay, just started watching......

Am I really the only one who doesn't like this special...?
I find it a little condescending, gossipy and disrespectful at times.

The only part I liked was the interview with K. Faye, Bush and Tompkins.
The whole special is very much focused on controversy.

That's how I feel about it so far too.
Although it could be much worse I'm sure.

Last edited:
I only watched the Faye, Bush and Tompkins part. DARN! I missed half of it.

Honestly, you didn't miss very much.
The second hour, starting with Faye & co. was better than the first.

I changed the channel to Katherine's interview on Dateline during most of the first half, because I couldn't watch it.
It was heavily focused on the circumstanced surrounding MJ's death, his health, etc.

I am on board with you. There is no point watching these shows. Watch one seen them all. Sick of rehashing allegations, plastic surgery, children's paternity, drugs. These people are no friends of MJ. They are selling out MJ with their mere presence on these sleazoid shows.

I am on board with you. There is no point watching these shows. Watch one seen them all. Sick of rehashing allegations, plastic surgery, children's paternity, drugs. These people are no friends of MJ. They are selling out MJ with their mere presence on these sleazoid shows.
They were defending MJ's name, clearing the record for the mainstream world.

If you thought this special 20/20 was slander, you should have seen the program BET put on.

Yes, it was good. We'll see whether they put the dirtbag Bashir on the Nightline segment.

I don't know why anyone would give ABC an interview though.

I was a little reluctant to watch it, knowing all too well what usually entails during ANY MJ type of TV special, but I was surprised by this one. I thought it was done FAIRLY well. Of course there was still a lot of controversy they covered and gossipy materials, but they did give both sides and seemed to lean more on MJ's side than anything else which I liked. Either way, it made me really sad by the end of it, and missing Michael even more. Watching it, I sometimes forgot he's not here anymore.

I thought it was pretty good. There were a couple of comments from the hosts that weren't needed, but it wasn't too bad.

Did you guys catch that Alberto Alvarez apparently told the police that Murray told him that this was the first time he had performed CPR? I didn't know about that.

Of course, the interview with Faye, Bush, and Tompkins was just heart-breaking. The 20/20 website has more of Karen's videos of Michael, which were very nice.

the CNN special has exposed AEG CEO Randy Phillips as a liar, Anyone watching this?

he blames MJ for hiring Dr. Conrad and not them, in his word he told Michael, "Michael $300,000 is a lot dollars to pay someone to mix protein shakes for you", in which MJ supposedly responds "You don't understand me. This body is what drives this entire show, if I'm not in fit condition like Obama..."

At first I was thinking, yeah like MJ would be taking protein shakes, :smilerolleyes:... but then to go and say Jackson compared himself to Obama sounds absolutely made up.. :smilerolleyes:

They were defending MJ's name, clearing the record for the mainstream world.

If you thought this special 20/20 was slander, you should have seen the program BET put on.

Money rules.! Don't forget ABC paid them. They know these shows abuse MJ. How much do they love MJ kids.? Have these so call friends forgotten,that MJ,S body was not yet cold, his kids in deep mourning and the media, especially ABC was leading the charge about the kid's paternity.

Money rules.! Don't forget ABC paid them. They know these shows abuse MJ. How much do they love MJ kids.? Have these so call friends forgotten,that MJ,S body was not yet cold, his kids in deep mourning and the media, especially ABC was leading the charge about the kid's paternity.
but wasn't it that the little hussy Diane Diamond doing her media rounds throwing those paternity charges out there.

Yeah she is a bag of dirt.

I was reluctant to watch this special as I was with any special for today in fear of being too heartbroken to stand it. I had been crying on and off since yesterday(more so the whole year), then I watched 20/20 with my sister and the first hour I was not very fond of, they used all of the words that seemed to just break your heart as a fan, you know? I don't know if anyone else would agree with that, but some words people use and some things they say really hits home and hurts more than others..to me anyway.

But I'd hate to tell them; there will never be another Michael Jackson nor will anyone ever fill his shoes. I noticed they made a comment on 'Justin Bieber' about the next MJ or something? They really need to open their eyes.

And the interview with Faye, Bush, and Tompkins was just heart-breaking. All of the footage shown from the 'This Is It' and the Press Conference really made me cry. It doesn't even feel like a year sometimes and at points it feels like it's been forever without him.

But the special at some points really annoyed me with what they were talking about and what subjects they seemed to 'push' at people. I don't know. Maybe it was just me.

I was reluctant to watch this special as I was with any special for today in fear of being too heartbroken to stand it. I had been crying on and off since yesterday(more so the whole year), then I watched 20/20 with my sister and the first hour I was not very fond of, they used all of the words that seemed to just break your heart as a fan, you know? I don't know if anyone else would agree with that, but some words people use and some things they say really hits home and hurts more than others..to me anyway.

But I'd hate to tell them; there will never be another Michael Jackson nor will anyone ever fill his shoes. I noticed they made a comment on 'Justin Bieber' about the next MJ or something? They really need to open their eyes.

And the interview with Faye, Bush, and Tompkins was just heart-breaking. All of the footage shown from the 'This Is It' and the Press Conference really made me cry. It doesn't even feel like a year sometimes and at points it feels like it's been forever without him.

But the special at some points really annoyed me with what they were talking about and what subjects they seemed to 'push' at people. I don't know. Maybe it was just me.

no...not just you.

I guess Karen ran out of her TMZ money...
Sorry but the woman can't keep her story straight. I'm sure she's "grieving" but I don't trust someone who SOLD pictures of Michael tomb to TMZ.

but wasn't it that the little hussy Diane Diamond doing her media rounds throwing those paternity charges out there.

Yeah she is a bag of dirt.

DIANE SAWYER, had the first interview with creepy ARNOLD KLEIN in studio at ABC. He gleefully spread the news that he could be the kids father.

Mixed feelings about this special. I mean, it could have been a lot worse as these things go. The second hour was very, very sad.

Question...Karen Faye and the others say Michael was not wearing a glove in the casket. But I remember someone from the Jackson family (LaToya?) saying he was dressed with a black glove on. Am I crazy???

Did you guys catch that Alberto Alvarez apparently told the police that Murray told him that this was the first time he had performed CPR? I didn't know about that.

I almost gasped when I heard this. A cardiologist who had never performed CPR before. Incredible if true.

Mixed feelings about this special. I mean, it could have been a lot worse as these things go. The second hour was very, very sad.

Question...Karen Faye and the others say Michael was not wearing a glove in the casket. But I remember someone from the Jackson family (LaToya?) saying he was dressed with a black glove on. Am I crazy???

Latoya said it, Jermaine also said it. In fact the person who made his gloves made one glove for Michael and made others for the brothers during the memorial. Maybe he wasn't wearing it, but it may have been placed in the coffin?

Latoya said it, Jermaine also said it. In fact the person who made his gloves made one glove for Michael and made others for the brothers during the memorial. Maybe he wasn't wearing it, but it may have been placed in the coffin?

Oh yeah, maybe that's it. But then why didn't they say that? Or maybe they did and it was edited out? Oh well...

Back