A new story from MJ ‘friend” Shmuley. What to believe?

While waiting for Trick or Treaters to come tonight (and eating way too much candy), I was surfing on one of those MJ Death Hoax sites. Not that I agree. But it got me thinking that besides the obvious reason to want MJ to still be alive somehow. I was thinking about how awesome it would be if Shmuley and Geller and Chopra would all have to explain to Michael why they became back stabbers and media whores the minute he died. I would love to see the horror on their faces when he walked into the room.

He is not obeying the law of Science! A person does not dies because his is depressed, stressed or famous. People died for only one reason and that is not enough oxygen in the brain.

Ok, there is an article from another Michaels’ “friend”. My opinion the whole point of writing this article is to make the story look like Michael wasn’t killed but died from doctor’s mistake. Shmuley is very smart guy and he works like the media, mixing the truth with complete lie imo. So in the end nobody can realize where the truth is and where is the fiction. I think we have to read this article keeping in mind who is an author.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-shmuley-boteach/the-myth-that-michael-jac_b_338196.html

The Myth That Michael Jackson Was Happy And Healthy

There is a destructive myth taking hold about Michael Jackson, originated by some of his devotees, perpetuated by many in his entourage and articulated outright by the Rev. Al Sharpton in his eulogy at the Staples Center last July. As Rev. Sharpton put it, looking directly at Michael's orphaned children, "There was nothing strange about your daddy. It was strange what he had to deal with it." The myth is that Michael was living a healthy and balanced life at the time of his death and expired only because 1)some careless doctor accidentally murdered him in his sleep with a drug overdose. I have heard more and more people in the media making the same claim, particularly after having seen the This Is It documentary which is now being released. As one radio host put it to me recently, "Michael looks amazing in the documentary. It's clear that he was in excellent physical health and couldn't wait to go out and do his concerts."

The reason this misrepresentation is so destructive is that it would have us believe there is nothing to be learned from Michael's tragic death. It was all a mishap. Michael was loving life, ready for his big comeback, but a capricious mistake cut his life short. This myth demeans the tragedy of Michael's life by robbing him of a redemptive moment. It would have us believe there is nothing that we the living can learn from his untimely death; nothing that a celebrity-obsessed culture can extract from the painful life of one of America's greatest icons. And if this myth is allowed to continue then, dare I say it, Michael died in vain.

Of course nothing could be further from the truth. Health is not determined by the physical alone. There is also mental, emotional and spiritual health. In all these departments 2) Michael was suffering severely. It's not normal to have to take hospital-grade anesthetics to fall asleep, and this even after downing a small trove of anti-anxiety medication and sleeping pills. Toward the end of his life Michael was an isolated and lonely figure who had squandered his wealth and was forced to agree to a staggeringly large number of concerts in order to rescue himself from a fate he repeatedly told me he feared, namely, becoming like Sammy Davis Jr., who was forced to degrade himself on late-night talk shows in order to pay his bills.

Michael always believed in the power of mystery. He stated repeatedly that while other stars had destroyed their careers through ubiquitousness, he had remained in the public imagination through scarcity. He highlighted the fact that other artists produced an album a year while he did so only once every few years.3) He also told me he never agreed to ever be a presenter at an awards show because it would make him too available. There is no way on earth Michael would have agreed to do 50 concerts unless he was absolutely forced to by insurmountable financial pressure.

In The Michael Jackson Tapes, we encounter, for one of the first times, not Michael Jackson the performer but Michael Jackson the man. 4)Michael recorded these tapes for the express purpose of making it available in a book because he was tired of the myth. The book, which contrary to the speculation of some was published for an extremely modest advance and will benefit the "Turn Friday Night into Family Night" initiative, 5)reveals a performer who understood that his heart was not known to a public who judged him very harshly for what they saw as his unethical excess. They did not know the extreme pain he had endured as a child, the loneliness with which he lived as an adult and how much it hurt him that people thought he had improper motives in his relationship with children. While Michael's entourage now say that Michael was positive and happy, Michael himself reveals that he was regularly walking around Encino, California, begging people to simply talk to him. While some of Michael's fans want us to believe that Michael had a lust for life, 6) Michael himself says that he wished to "disappear" and that his greatest fear was growing old and beginning to forget. Michael rued the day when he would be seen as past his prime and therefore unable to command the admiration of the public through his talent.

All this, as well as a broken and lost childhood, is part of the price that Michael paid for fame. He wanted to share with the public the utter emptiness of fame and the importance of family and love. 7)Michael loved being around ordinary families and he dreamed of a life of simple pleasures.

So why are we so afraid to hear his voice?

I suspect it has to do with a culture that is mostly fueled by fame. In a world where nearly every teenager wants to be famous, in a country where reality TV dominates the airwaves and where celebrity magazines rule the newsstands, we simply don't want to hear that it's all one big lie. That the unbridled lust for fame is killing people and that the emperor has no clothes. Fame will never be a proper substitute for love, and talent will never be an acceptable alternative for virtue.

How sad, therefore, that so many who claim to love him now want to rewrite his story to tell us that Michael was so shallow that fortune and fame alone were enough to make him happy. This was never the case.

My book The Michael Jackson Tapes has been greeted with apprehension by some who would like to perpetuate the lie that our celebrities are for the most part healthy. They are not. Very few flourish in fame and a great many do not even survive its effects. Those who do prosper in the limelight do so only if they hold on to what I call the three essentials of fame:

1. A strong religious faith, reminding you at all times that amidst the public's hero worship you are not a deity and are a servant of the one, true G-d.

2. A loving spouse who makes you take out the garbage and otherwise keeps you humble.

3. A cause larger than oneself to which one can consecrate one's celebrity.

Bono is an important case in point. A devout Christian, married to the same wife for 27 years, he has consecrated his fame to the cause of Africa and third-world relief and has not only survived celebrity but has become, deservedly, one of the most admired humans on earth.

Michael aspired to the same. But when he abandoned the Jehovah's Witnesses Church to which he was once exceptionally devoted, went through two divorces, and, most importantly, was prevented from serving his beloved cause of helping the world's children because of multiple allegations against him, he lost much of the anchor in life that kept him grounded.

Those who loved Michael should be true to his memory not by creating a myth of a happy man cut down by a tragic error, but rather as a noble soul who aspired to great humanitarian achievement but whose superstardom served to impede, rather than heal, a desperate and painful loneliness.
1) it was a careless doctor, i wont agree on that one

2)Have to agree on that one

3) yes its true he hated being a common celebrity, and he was RIGHT!

4) i dont think he did it for that, i think he really wanted to help to heal in others what cause him his own pain, like an scape to what happened to him.

5) totally agree on that one

6) he did said it, he was extremely dessapointed/affected by the false acusations, he really felt bad as it can be, he felt HURT about the untrue allegations, he was never the same after

When someone says a lie many times many people starts to believe it, it was what happened with Michael

7) yes thats true

Now to say "OUR celebrites"??? what is this rabi talking about??? i have no celerities, in fact i despise them, i never considered Michael a celebrity (he was one , but to me he was not like the others, cause he wasnt like that at all) but a genius sensitive lonely person desperately wanted to be appreciated and loved

but this rabbi wants to sell, saying "our celebrities":bugeyed like i care about them... anyway that phrase ruined the entire article, seriously that phrase is PATHETIC as it can be.

Draliongirl:

Michael was suffering severely. It's not normal to have to take hospital-grade anesthetics to fall asleep, and this even after downing a small trove of anti-anxiety medication and sleeping pills. Toward the end of his life Michael was an isolated and lonely figure who had squandered his wealth and was forced to agree to a staggeringly large number of concerts in order to rescue himself from a fate he repeatedly told me he feared, namely, becoming like Sammy Davis Jr., who was forced to degrade himself on late-night talk shows in order to pay his bills.

Is it all of what you bolded in number 2 you agree with or just the second sentence? Because everything he says before and after that second sentence doesn't describe Michael Jackson at all. He may have been very, very hurt but suffering severely is a bit of a stretch--especially coming from someone who not only was not having a relationship with him in those last years, but who contributed to some of the pain Michael dealt with during the trial. Michael had his family (parents, siblings, cousins, children) and his friends (both lifelong and fans) in those last years--to say he was isolated and lonely is another way of saying they did not count. Squandered his wealth? On what? Too many charities? Entering into deals with crooks like the Rabbi? And why does he think Michael did not want to do all of these concerts? He loved performing. It was touring he didn't like. And fifty shows isn't staggering considering Michael did twenty times more than that from the late seventies to the late nineties. If he took the time to actually get to know Michael instead of trying to "save" him from imaginary boogey men, he would know that.

And no I don't appreciate him talking about Brother Sammy. I doubt the Rabbi even knew who he was until Michael schooled him.

The rabbi has no credibility with me. He has not been in contact with Michael for almost 8 years yet he claims to have such insight into the person he was in 2009. I know his book wasn't selling well so I guess he needs to get back out there to get more revenue.

He has just become spiritual advisor to Jon Gosselin, of all people. The rabbi loves the media spotlight. Whoever's in the spotlight he wants to be there with him.

Please don't put any more of this idiot in the forum!

Sure this guy is smart! I absoutely loved the book "Hating Women" he is the ultimate male feminisist! :)

...but as a friend of Michaels? I'm not sure

I haven't read this book; it's hard to imagine an orthodox Jew as the ultimate feminist, but that would be cool. I do appreciate him toning down some of MJ's unpleasant comments about women.

But yeah, I'm pretty happy he wasn't my friend and spiritual advisor -- I rather prefer to keep my secrets off TV.

As for why we're still talking about Shmuley; his book is the number four biography being sold on Amazon, so it's still a big deal.

Last edited:
I think you're reading that wrong. Try #94.

I did read that wrong, thanks... it's #4 (now #3) under people with names starting with J! What a ridiculous rank for them to show.

But on what list do you see it as #94? It's not biographies -- it doesn't appear in the top 100. Moonwalk, however, is #10. Very cool.

And it's below 900 in overall rank.

in the last months of his life Michael was being sued left and right for millions of dollars by virtually everyone - isn't that enough to drive anybody insane? this myth that he was this depressed druggie who couldn't recover from the trial is a bit stretched - he had enough stress in his life without having to go back to 2005! the media, the backstabbers suing him, AEG and their 50 million concerts, his family and their shitty reunion, everyone wanted a piece of him! and they still do - Shmuley is a perfect example. what's his problem? what did MJ ever do to him? why doesn't he let go? because he wants to promote his crappy book and make money off him, and he won't let MJ rest in peace until he doesn't gain something

and Michael was not healthy? that's not what the autopsy report says!

I did read that wrong, thanks... it's #4 (now #3) under people with names starting with J! What a ridiculous rank for them to show.
For real! :lol:

But on what list do you see it as #94? It's not biographies -- it doesn't appear in the top 100.
It was this morning when I made that post. Apparently it's been knocked out. :laugh: They update the ratings hourly. It *did* say that Shmuley had been in the top 100 for that book for the last 29 days. I hope all the scathing reviews knocked his butt outta there!

Moonwalk, however, is #10. Very cool.
I noticed that too. And he's holding steady at #10 too! :punk:

And it's below 900 in overall rank.
Too funny! :laugh:

After all thing MJ went through and with the exitement of this is it I don´t think it was strange at all that he needed strong medicine to sleep.
But he needed another doctor who was an expert on insomnia.

Michael was emotionally complex, and $hmuley wants to paint that in a tragic way. It's not. Arlo Guthrie said, "You can't have a light without a dark to stick it in." Michael was so sweet, so sensitive, because he had this channel of love... like a beautiful river flowing from his soul all glistening and shiney, playful, active, and at times calm as can be. But having that open channel of love meant negative things of the world could get it. Most people dam it off. But not MJ. So, he felt the world's pains and misfortunes acutely. That's why he could write songs like Earth Song. And on the good side, that is why he appreciated trees, butterflies, the changing colors of fall.

So, yes, what to do when love keeps your emotional flood gates wide open? Happens to saints, too, when they have "the dark night of the soul." Happens all over stories of saints.

$hmuley cannot get that. It's waaaaay above his capacity to understand.

More lies from this leech.

All you need to know about this scum.

.........................................................................................................

Jackson's 'Ex-Rabbi': Did $100,000 Go to Charity?

Friday, April 02, 2004
The list of con men and hustlers who've taken advantage of Michael Jackson continues to grow, especially where charity causes are concerned. Jackson has been in Washington this week talking about raising money for new charities, but his old ones are still dogging him.

You will recall that Jackson was involved in something called Heal the Kids with Rabbi "Shmuley" Boteach. The most recent filing for Boteach's charity, L'Chaim Society, under which Heal the Kids fell, listed as one of its directors James Meiskin, a man currently in trouble with the Manhattan District Attorney's office for extortion.

But it now turns out that when you call the number for the L'Chaim Society, all you get is a recorded message that says the charity is gone and so is the rabbi. There are no forwarding numbers, according to the message. There is an old, non-working number listed in Boston for the man who signed the last L'Chaim Society tax return, one Arash Farin, and no listing anywhere for its other director, Avri Vantman.
Related

You can always hear or see Boteach on TV or radio giving his opinion about something or other and plugging one of his books.

But one thing he doesn't seem able to opine is where all the money went from the short-lived charity. And one person who might be interested is Denise Rich, who wrote Boteach a check for $100,000 in the fall of 2000 for the L'Chaim Society right around the time Boteach and his then "pal" Michael Jackson came to two of her own fundraising events.

That $100,000 shows up in the L'Chaim Society's 2000 tax return. The same return shows no money whatsoever was spent on anything remotely charitable, just salaries and expenses.
Rich, who is the victim in this case, thought she was giving the money to one of Jackson's charities at the time. But a source who was with Jackson at the time says Jackson never saw the money or the check. It went straight to Boteach and the L'Chaim Society.

Now, there is an even more interesting connection between all these people: Boteach's American benefactor is famous stock trader and philanthropist Michael Steinhardt. Steinhardt has been one of the staunchest supporters and business associates of Rich's ex-husband, Marc, a financier convicted of tax evasion and racketeering who was then pardoned by President Clinton in January 2001. Steinhardt lobbied hard for the pardon.

Like Michael Jackson, Steinhardt — whose father was the famous criminal "Red" Steinhardt with heavy ties to the mob and Meyer Lansky — has his own zoo, too. Steinhardt financed Boteach's mortgage for a $1.5 million home in New Jersey four years ago. Somehow, he managed to get him a cash loan from a local bank. Why did he do it? According to sources, Boteach may have saved one of Steinhardt's sons from involvement in a cult, and Steinhardt was grateful.

Steinhardt voiced surprise that Boteach had been running a L'Chaim Society here in New York for the last several years. And that was kind of interesting since he was one of the forces behind the Boteach/L'Chaim fundraiser in February 2001 at Carnegie Hall that featured a panel discussion on children starring Jackson, game show host Chuck Woolery, and others. The money made from ticket sales that evening has never been accounted for. The organization that hosted it — the Seminar Center — folded soon after.

Boteach — who is banned by the United Synagogues in Great Britian from having a pulpit — is best remembered for a quote he gave the London Independent in 1996. He said there is an 11th, unwritten Commandment: "Thou shalt do anything for publicity and recognition."

Do you have a link. I had link to a story on rabbi and heal the kids a little while ago but there is nothing coming up on search engines now

Back