A Call To All Members - Please Read

this site died when 2000 Watts was closed, it was damaged by the Cascio tracks but the 2000 Watts was the last straw
thats because SOME of those people only wanted to get stuff for free...the only reason they visited this forum was for that reason only..that is obvious to me and I never even went in that section.

I think people are coming here less because there's not much going on right now. The trial hasn't started yet. No major new releases are coming soon. And it's been two years since MJ died. The surge of activity after he passed has gone. There's bound to be less activity now. It's not what you are doing with the forum. It's just what happens when the person the forum is dedicated too is no longer here.
I agree with this also.

thats because SOME of those people only wanted to get stuff for free...the only reason they visited this forum was for that reason only..that is obvious to me and I never even went in that section.

Nail on the head ;) only now the community that give back can go there (and I don't mean money).

Thank you to everyone for you open and honest feedback, I ensure we will do all we can to resolve the issues brought up, some we may some we may not but hell we will give a darn good go.

Completed. Mine might sound like it's in a very rude tone, but it isn't meant to come across like that.

I think people are coming here less because there's not much going on right now. The trial hasn't started yet. No major new releases are coming soon. And it's been two years since MJ died. The surge of activity after he passed has gone. There's bound to be less activity now. It's not what you are doing with the forum. It's just what happens when the person the forum is dedicated too is no longer here.

I agree fully with your post here.

Yes, that's true.. In fact, I did it myself, but when 2000 watts closed, I started to interest more about this community. Now I'm glad I'm back in 2000 watts, but now MJJC is almost like my 2nd home. :)

One suggestion - perhaps there should be a ''Questions'' section where some members can ask questions about Michael and sertain things about his music or something like that.. Yeah, the ''Michaelmania'' is about Michael, but not for questions only..

Appreciate you guys taking the time to do this. If you haven't already then please if you can, participate. :)

Completed yesterday.

AutumnII: I understand where you're coming from, but I have to say I was quite a bit offended by your post. So, because I'm a collector and interested in the Panini trading cards it means that I see Michael as a product? And just because I comment on memorabilia-related topics, I'm not paying attention to the upcoming trial and what really happened to Michael?

I have been a fan since 1997, so I'm not exactly new around and I most certainly don't see Michael as a product. I read the Case subforum and pay attention to what's going on. Continuing to expand my collection does NOT mean that I don't care about the important questions also! There isn't a correlation between these issues.

I wish there was a museum where Michael's belongings were kept for all to see. That would be ideal. But there isn't. And even if there was, it couldn't house every single item Michael ever owned or every single piece of clothing he wore. A lot of his clothes have been/will be auctioned off and believe me, many of them will be kept hidden in some rich people's houses who probably didn't even care for Michael and have no interest in donating the clothes to a museum. So if a very very limited amount of costume swatches will find their way to real fans who truly appreciate them, I think it's ok. Well, it's not that black and white really, I know. There's always two sides to everything. But I don't believe that cutting up a few shirts will become a continuing trend and result in more clothes getting cut into pieces.

(For the record, if it's of any importance, even though I'm a collector I do also draw the line somewhere. For example I do not buy Joe Jackson endorsed products or even Katherine's book because I know the kind of people that lurk behind their projects.)

I wish my english was as good as yours so that I could explain myself better and get my point across. I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say here. I don't think you wanted to insult anyone with your post and it's good that these issues are addressed and openly spoken about. It just made me sad to realise how my comments in certain threads could be interpreted in such a negative way. And that I could come across as someone who does not see Michael as a real person. This hit me especially hard because just a few minutes before reading your post I'd been crying over missing Michael, writing in this http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/117115-This-forum-is-now-open thread.

Sorry for the long post, this is a hard time and I might be overreacting here, taking things too personally.

i left for a while but only because i had exams and once i'm on here i find it hard to get off so i just stayed away. but i'm back now...yay!!! i dont comment or even look at the trial discussions. i remember how the 'Michael' album discussions made me feel so deflated and all the negativity just depressed me. i hate the feeling i'm left with everytime i hear someone ranting on about how much they hate someone else.
i'm not here because i hate the jackson family or this person or that person.
i'm here because i LOVE mr.michael jackson

Thanks hunny. I know I have been away a while due to unforseen circumstances but you guys are just awesome.

Filled in the survey too. Sometimes I really had to think of a good answer. Ohh and I do think it's a combination of various things that it is quiet here.
Not only because there is no news, MJ gone or anything.

Just completed the survey. :)

I just want to say that since I've been out of school, I've been visiting here regularly just as I used to. During the school year in the fall and winter, I'm not as active. I don't even use the computer much unless I need it for school. Otherwise, I really have no time to surf any other websites unless I get a lucky free day. Though, I really missed coming here and I'm black to be back more often! :heart:

Love you all.

Yeah, exactly! During the school year, things are so crazy that I barely have time to do anything. Although, when summer rolls around, I usually get a chance to breathe and do whatever I want...but it doesn't seem like the case this year. My summer's turning out to be super busy with vacation trips here & there as well as other things going on. Either way, I still find a way to get on here, even if I don't post. This place is still the best! :)

I have to say that I agree with Autumn and Anna. It's the truth. Plain and simple.
What they have said have been my thoughts for quite some time now.

I'm sitting here trying hard to think of something constructive to add but, it's already been said.

However, I will fill out the survey.

doesn't the forum software give an idea on the time frame of the activity drop?

Is the survey even necessary?

Edit: wow, Ive been on this forum since Jan 2010, Impressive.. all I need now is to spam more and raise my post count.

Last edited:
Completed yesterday.

AutumnII: I understand where you're coming from, but I have to say I was quite a bit offended by your post. So, because I'm a collector and interested in the Panini trading cards it means that I see Michael as a product? And just because I comment on memorabilia-related topics, I'm not paying attention to the upcoming trial and what really happened to Michael?

I have been a fan since 1997, so I'm not exactly new around and I most certainly don't see Michael as a product. I read the Case subforum and pay attention to what's going on. Continuing to expand my collection does NOT mean that I don't care about the important questions also! There isn't a correlation between these issues.

I wish there was a museum where Michael's belongings were kept for all to see. That would be ideal. But there isn't. And even if there was, it couldn't house every single item Michael ever owned or every single piece of clothing he wore. A lot of his clothes have been/will be auctioned off and believe me, many of them will be kept hidden in some rich people's houses who probably didn't even care for Michael and have no interest in donating the clothes to a museum. So if a very very limited amount of costume swatches will find their way to real fans who truly appreciate them, I think it's ok. Well, it's not that black and white really, I know. There's always two sides to everything. But I don't believe that cutting up a few shirts will become a continuing trend and result in more clothes getting cut into pieces.

(For the record, if it's of any importance, even though I'm a collector I do also draw the line somewhere. For example I do not buy Joe Jackson endorsed products or even Katherine's book because I know the kind of people that lurk behind their projects.)

I wish my english was as good as yours so that I could explain myself better and get my point across. I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say here. I don't think you wanted to insult anyone with your post and it's good that these issues are addressed and openly spoken about. It just made me sad to realise how my comments in certain threads could be interpreted in such a negative way. And that I could come across as someone who does not see Michael as a real person. This hit me especially hard because just a few minutes before reading your post I'd been crying over missing Michael, writing in this http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/117115-This-forum-is-now-open thread.

Sorry for the long post, this is a hard time and I might be overreacting here, taking things too personally.
if your overreacting i guess i am too i feel the same way honestly the cards are nice i doubt the clothing that was cut up was in mint condition. secondly about the case the best thing we fans can do is let those ib nharge do their jobs.

Last edited:
Done.

I forgot to mention that the HOT SEAT thread was a great idea and kind of funny.

I am one of those "old" ("legendary?") members who rarely posts here anymore.
The question asked is legitimate, and I will attempt to reflect on it, and try to answer.
The legacy of this board deserves as much.

Sure, buy the stuff if you want, but the bigger questions DO need to be asked.
There was a scheduled auction of Michael's stuff when he was still alive. We know now,
he did NOT want this. So why is it acceptable NOW, for his belongings to be sold at auctions?
(Again, I'm not faulting those who choose differently, but to me, to
"own a piece of him" would make me INCREDIBLY
sad!)

Peace. . . .
Sorry to chop your post but these particular points you made need to stand out.

Back