8 grammys for swifty

GinnyJackson

Proud Member
i just read this on twitter

"Taylor Swift got EIGHT Nominations in the Grammys? If she wins all of them, she might beat Mike"

it's impossible to beat Mike. because he was the one for which the eight-fecta was invented. anybody else who wins eight or more grammys will come across as not the first one to do it. with Michael, it was inspired. before Mike, artists were lucky to get way less. after Mike, 8 was the target to nominate everybody with. then, with the others who were nominated and/or won, it was done with a look- over- your -shoulder- at Mike attiude. this is why people hate firsts if they aren't the ones who accomplished them. also, MJ won enough in life, for it not to matter what happens, from now on. and, finally, there is no greater award then a loyal record fanbase..the first and only fanbase ever to encompass the globe, and be media-proof.

I don't follow - you mean that if Taylor wins all of them then she's gonna have a total mount of more won Grammy's than Michael?

I mean, it ain't like Michael have any nomninees except for the "Lifetime Achievement Award" this year.

EDIT: Or did you mean, most won Grammy's at 1 night?

I don't follow - you mean that if Taylor wins all of them then she's gonna have a total mount of more won Grammy's than Michael?

I mean, it ain't like Michael have any nomninees except for the "Lifetime Achievement Award" this year.

EDIT: Or did you mean, most won Grammy's at 1 night?

lol idk im just posting what i seen Mac post on Twitter..... and Bruce what the hell are you playing at with that sig? are you seriously trying to kill off us women here? lol

If she beats him i'm gonna puke and start thinking that the industry will ensure that artists break records just like that just to try to take Michael's name in to the state of oblivion.

lol idk im just posting what i seen Mac post on Twitter..... and Bruce what the hell are you playing at with that sig? are you seriously trying to kill off us women here? lol

LOL OK :D

Haha I let Michael and Naomi do the entertaining while Shakira is on a vacation for a while :lol:

Somebody had to bring some "In The Closet" appreciation to the board :D

See now this is what I am talking about now..:smilerolleyes: soooo irritating!

Music and REAL talent do not exsist anymore! (did I spell that right? just woke up):scratch: Music died June 25th. It's so easy for anyone to be famous now and have awards. I mean there's some good talent out there..but you know what I mean. She is nowhere NEAR Michael in my book. Michael is a legend! Done ranting..sorry...:cheeky:

Happy new year every one. BTW.. Bruce nice siggy.. need a shower now.;D

I dont know her anyway ^^
one time heard a song of her and its not something special really

tell me all her best made songs!
i dont know any song!

so stupid the music industry, its very sad... I am happy i can be still a follower of michaels music and bring my idol to other persons...

I really like Taylor and Beyonce. However I was just saying yesterday to my niece how easy it is for singers to now get a Grammy now, not like it used to be. I don't put much value on them anymore.

The record for most Grammys won in one night is already tied at eight between MJ and Santana, so it'd just be a three-way tie if Swift won everything she's nominated for this year.

I have nothing againts Taylor Swift, i think she's a sweet girl but i can't help but feel that alot of this attention she's getting now is just through sympathy because of what Kanye West did a few months back. I may be wrong here but i didn't see Taylor Swift get this much attention before the Kanye West incident

It really shows just how the music business has gone, when Taylor Swift is being compared to Michael Jackson...

Guys Mike was NOMINATED for a record 12 Grammys in 84...he won a record 8 in ONE NIGHT...the only other person to do that was Carlos Santana with Supernatural back in 1999 or 2000 (don't remeber exactly) and he too was nominated for a lot. Taylor swift is Nominated for 8 but she'll most likely take home betwen 3 and 5, mark my words...she aint beaten (or even tieing) his record.

Taylor Swift doesn't even have these nomination's if it wasn't for Kanye. America felt sorry for the sweetheart, and they're now showering her with gifts.

Her even coming CLOSE to MJ in any way is a joke.

Guys Mike was NOMINATED for a record 12 Grammys in 84...he won a record 8 in ONE NIGHT...the only other person to do that was Carlos Santana with Supernatural back in 1999 or 2000 (don't remeber exactly) and he too was nominated for a lot. Taylor swift is Nominated for 8 but she'll most likely take home betwen 3 and 5, mark my words...she aint beaten (or even tieing) his record.

That makes me feel good.

Thanks.

michael nominate 12 Grammy won 8 but she nominate 8 win 0

Taylor Swift doesn't even have these nomination's if it wasn't for Kanye. America felt sorry for the sweetheart, and they're now showering her with gifts.

Her even coming CLOSE to MJ in any way is a joke.
Word. -_-

Oh yeah? Beyonce has 10 nominations! Trust me though, I wouldn't be worrying if any of them won eights Grammys. Nobody cares about the Grammys anymore.

To tell y'all the truth, Taylor Swift wouldnt have won 5 AMA awards if it wasnt for Kanye West...lol (sombody had to say it) :lol:...think what you want but Thats what i believe... If kanye didnt do what he did, then she would be the same as the other artists today. Dont get me wrong, she has...ummm good songs?:p i guess...but like somebody said on here...she aint no where compared to Mike.

And like some other person said on here...this is just Hype, everyone is feeling sorry for her for what "She went through"/ Mike is loved in every Genre, but Swift is for the young-ens :D (POP) ...so I dont believe she will get all 8...
and if she does...(which i dont really belive she'll), then good for her, :smilerolleyes:...lol But realize something. Mike got 12 Nominations, in '84 and like one persons said on here, It's been Done By Mike so who ever comes next will be 2nd...:p so No worries y'all...:cheeky:

L.O.V.E.
Romi

Last edited:
If she beats him i'm gonna puke and start thinking that the industry
will ensure that artists break records just like that just to try to
take Michael's name in to the state of oblivion.
Taylor Swift is severely overrated.
I really dont see what all the fuss is about.

To tell y'all the truth, Taylor Swift wouldnt have won 5 AMA awards
if it wasnt for Kanye West...lol (sombody had to say it) :lol:
...think what you want but Thats what i believe...
If kanye didnt do what he did, then she would be the same as
the other artists today.
:cheeky:
L.O.V.E.
Romi

Thats what I've been saying too! Cuz it's true! :lol:

Not only is Swift young-ens but she is basically unknown to the rest of the world as country is not listened to majorly outside the States.

you guys do realize that beyonce is nominated for TEN awards right? :mellow:

Back