46664 - Will Michael attend Mandela's 90th birthday?

I wish the concert would be televised/streamed live, I'm sure it'll be an enjoyable event with or without Michael's presence. Obviously, if Michael Jackson was slated to be one of the major surprise guests, then confirming it for anyone would completely ruin the "surprise". But since his involvement has been denied by the company, nobody should expect Michael to attend nor should they criticize him when and if he doesn't. It'll be interesting to see who these surprise guests are...

nelson_mandela_og_michael_jackson1_.jpg

[SIZE=-2]Cleveland Leader[/SIZE]
2008-06-04
VH1 to Air Nelson Mandela Tribute Concert

NEW YORK, June 4: VH1 will be the exclusive U.S. broadcaster of The 46664 Concert Honouring Nelson Mandela at 90, which will take place June 27 in London’s Hyde Park, hosted by Will Smith.

The concert will also be streamed live on VH1.com at MandelaConcert.VH1.com, with a two-hour special featuring highlights airing on VH1 on June 30 at 9 p.m. VH1 Classic, VH1 Soul and MHD: Music High Definition will simulcast the event.

http://www.worldscreen.com/newscurrent.php?filename=mandela060408.htm

Oh my god it would be so amazing if MJ did show up, as i have v.i.p gold circle tickets and will be close to the stage,please go michael,pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaasssse!!!!

Possible that Michael will be a surprise guest. If not I don't care about that concert (Remember that Lady Diana memorial concert, not that it was entertaining in some way). But I like Nelson Mandela very much and wish him all the best.

lol, at first I read the title of this thread as "will you attend Michael's 90th birthday?" I was like wha?? they're preparing for that already?? lol

Thats My Former President, Michael You Better Get Your Ass Down There!!

Last edited:
Mandela throws these concerts all the time back home and Michael has never attended any of them but he did attend a private gathering on his Birthday filled with mostly Mandela relatives, politicians and former apartheid heroes.It was a strictly VIP gathering.
What I'm saying is Michael is more likey to attend that sort of thing than a concert since He's never attended the concerts all these years.

[SIZE=-2]Cleveland Leader[/SIZE]
2008-06-04
VH1 to Air Nelson Mandela Tribute Concert

NEW YORK, June 4: VH1 will be the exclusive U.S. broadcaster of The 46664 Concert Honouring Nelson Mandela at 90, which will take place June 27 in London’s Hyde Park, hosted by Will Smith.

The concert will also be streamed live on VH1.com at MandelaConcert.VH1.com, with a two-hour special featuring highlights airing on VH1 on June 30 at 9 p.m. VH1 Classic, VH1 Soul and MHD: Music High Definition will simulcast the event.

http://www.worldscreen.com/newscurrent.php?filename=mandela060408.htm
Great!! Thanks :D

(Marks date on calendar)

Well I hope Michael does do it for Nelson,Nelson is wonderful man who survived everything he's gone through for his people.I think it would be an honor if Michael help celebrates with everyone that loves Nelson Mandela.

I think some of you want MJ there so that you can gaup on him. The party is for Nelson, not Michael. He doesn't have to be there. He will go if he wants to. The rest of the Nelson fans should be there because they want to celebrate Nelson.
You don't even know his relationship with the man or even if he was invited. Some of you sound like little kids.
Why can't you just say it would be nice if MJ goes, instead of this, If he goes there he can go theere' Why?'
Maybe MJ has a closer relationship with the designer that he has with nelson. Maybe MJ has personal reasons. Show the man some respect. Let him do as he pleases.

I think some of you want MJ there so that you can gaup on him. The party is for Nelson, not Michael. He doesn't have to be there. He will go if he wants to. The rest of the Nelson fans should be there because they want to celebrate Nelson.
You don't even know his relationship with the man or even if he was invited. Some of you sound like little kids.
Why can't you just say it would be nice if MJ goes, instead of this, If he goes there he can go theere' Why?'
Maybe MJ has a closer relationship with the designer that he has with nelson. Maybe MJ has personal reasons. Show the man some respect. Let him do as he pleases.

The concert management confirmed to me months ago that an invitation has been extended to Michael Jackson and he is more than welcome to attend, but said at that point Michael was NOT involved in the concert. I contacted them again this week and they said they had no developements regarding Michael.

The concert management confirmed to me months ago that an invitation has been extended to Michael Jackson and he is more than welcome to attend, but said at that point Michael was NOT involved in the concert. I contacted them again this week and they said they had no developements regarding Michael.

Thank you. I am sorry about my rant but I just feel that sometimes fans go too far wuth their expectations of MJ. It is like they are giving him ultimatum, with the'You do this or else', mentallity.I saw this attitude at Liz Taylors birthday bash as well

None of us know what MJ will do and why. If he chooses not to go he has his reasons. He may not want to be in that type of crowd., that is up to him.Also, not everybody may want to celebrate nelsons birthday, he is a political figure afterall.

chill out i was only asking a question i wasn't misleading anyone that he might turn up was i?

i'm not being offensive but why would they tell some random fan who is appearing when they are keeping things as a suprise.

Back