22 July - Michael Jackson News & Mentionings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Ne-Yo's. He's an okay song writer. But his talent doesn't make up for his attitude, not when Michael can find plenty of other talent just as good, ready and willing to take Ne-Yo's spot, who WON'T make snide remarks and who will actually show gratitude for the opportunity by respecting the person who gave it to them. Michael doesn't need this sh*t.

Last edited:
what neyo said was very disrespectful to say the least. that is what is sad but true not michael's divine voice.
most comedians that have imitated michael onstage have been very kind and respectful towards him and their humorous remarks could even make michael himself laugh his butt off. they do it by having the best intentions. they mean no offense whatsoever. chris tucker did it on the MSG concerts in 2001 and it was hilarious and absolutely respectful at the same time. its very likely that even michael himself asked him to do that. chris is a huge fan and u can tell he has the best intentions when he imitates michaels voice. neyo has obviously no clue and doesnt know what the heck hes talking about.

Man, oh, man how sensitive MJ fans have become. So MJ sometimes speaks in a high voice. We've all heard it. Everybody from Eddie Murphy to Chris Tucker have imitated it, lovingly or otherwise. He seems to choose to speak that way when he is feeling a little shy or wants to come across as non threatening. It's probably the only voice Ne-Yo has heard and he is right, it doesn't sound very manly. It doesn't mean that MJ is feminine or gay. It doesn't mean that he can't speak in a deeper voice - we all know that he often does. Am I a hater or disrespectful because I recognize that a deep, booming kind of voice is considered manlier (whatever that means) than a soft voice? I love the way MJ speaks, whether he choses to speak softly or with his deeper voice (the one MJ thinks sounds like a frog :lol:), but I'm not gonna pretend that he sounds like Sean Connery. I'm glad he doesn't.

Ne-Yo has expressed his love and admiration for MJ on countless occasions and his every video contains elements which are clearly meant as homages to his idol. I don't think he's made any statement that indicates that HE is the one who's 'saving' MJ's career. I frankly don't get where all this anger is coming from.

Again your statement of MJ fans are so sensitive, what are you not a fan just a person who has issues with people not seeing your point of view? it's a discussion board if people take offense to what Ne-Yo then it's their right just like it's yours to be condescending when addressing all fans in your posts.

Not Ne-Yo's. He's an okay song writer. But his talent doesn't make up for his attitude,
--
ho will actually show gratitude for the opportunity by respecting the person who gave it to them.
nah Ne-Yo has shown a lot of respect throughout his career

not when Michael can find plenty of other talent just as good, ready and willing to take Ne-Yo's spot,
i'm never one to predict or assume to know what Michael will do, but if he thought there was talent better than Ne-Yo's (and there is LOL) then he would have found it instead of him. but to stop working with someone because of such a relatively mundane issue? i don't believe he'd do that.

Wait a minute! Ne-Yo is promoting his new album, so New York magazine decides to write an article about his new project.

There are four paragraphs for this article, but three of the paragraphs are about MICHAEL JACKSON.

Ne-Yo has a new project, and that's good, but all this writer wants to know about is MJ! LOL! I find that hilarious.

Personally, when it comes to Michael's voice, I think when Michael first met people, Michael talks very soft like Ne yo is describing (which is the a way a shy person does including myself when you first met me. I am very quiet until you get to know me); however, after Michael get comfortable with you, MIchael seem to "let go" as Liza M and LMP has described.

Chris Tucker does skits about it or when he's in interviews and Michael doesnt seem to be upset with him? I thought it was positive.

Dang..... I posted a reply and when I hit "submit" I got a page that stated that the server was busy! I was pissed! LOL.

Anyway -

Any comedian who has ever made fun of Michael Jackson was right on. Sad but true. He does have a very high, not very manly voice."

So, you guys are making a big deal about this quote? Oh PLEASE! Ne-Yo said what he heard. Michael has a deep voice - that is known. However, MJ is a singer and can do whatever he wants to do with his voice. If Ne-Yo wanna say that MJ doesn't have a manly voice, so be it. I mean, it is not a big deal anyway. It is just one silly ass comment. It is not like he said that MJ ain't a manly dude. You know what I am saying? I sense some fans who are insecure about MJ having a deep voice and putting it on Ne-Yo.

Anyway, regarding his personal life, Mike made some silly, stupid, and pathetic decisions, but I love the man anyway. As long as he doesn't make the same mistakes three, four, five, six times, then it is all good. Ne-Yo said the truth: there was a time when it was about the music and not the personal life. If MJ wanted his personal life to make sense, then he would have thought about things more carefully instead of acting on them. It is as simple as that. I would list the mistakes, I think he made, but I do not want to and this thread is not about that. All I care about is that hopefully, Ne-Yo does a good job with Mike. I wish some of you fans would put the anger on the media instead of Ne-Yo. Just saying.

neyo1.jpg

:scratch:

Nowwww, I see why he always wears a hat or cap!:wild:

Well that's why Ne-Yo shouldn't be joking about anyone else or making out like it makes them less just because it's not what's percieved as "manly" to the general public.

Neyo is all black. He's not half chinese. My nephew has slanted eyes too and both of his parents are all Black.

Dang..... I posted a reply and when I hit "submit" I got a page that stated that the server was busy! I was pissed! LOL.

Anyway -

So, you guys are making a big deal about this quote? Oh PLEASE! Ne-Yo said what he heard. Michael has a deep voice - that is known. However, MJ is a singer and can do whatever he wants to do with his voice. If Ne-Yo wanna say that MJ doesn't have a manly voice, so be it. I mean, it is not a big deal anyway. It is just one silly ass comment. It is not like he said that MJ ain't a manly dude. You know what I am saying? I sense some fans who are insecure about MJ having a deep voice and putting it on Ne-Yo.

Anyway, regarding his personal life, Mike made some silly, stupid, and pathetic decisions, but I love the man anyway. As long as he doesn't make the same mistakes three, four, five, six times, then it is all good. Ne-Yo said the truth: there was a time when it was about the music and not the personal life. If MJ wanted his personal life to make sense, then he would have thought about things more carefully instead of acting on them. It is as simple as that. I would list the mistakes, I think he made, but I do not want to and this thread is not about that. All I care about is that hopefully, Ne-Yo does a good job with Mike. I wish some of you fans would put the anger on the media instead of Ne-Yo. Just saying.
I agree with your post, Bee. Much to do about nothing. I also like the way you held it down on Prince.org regarding MJ's Kids. Girl, you let them have it--they ain't got nothing to say to you when it comes to the King of Pop.

thanks for the news and Plies needs to stop dreaming because unless it's Michael Jackson that works at Jack in the Box in the drive thru area, then he ain't seeing the MJ we all know.

I bet in the end none of these rumored collabos make it on Michael's album and that will be the really intersting story.

:ph34r: I hope so.

:innocent: Nah, I don't really care, as long as they are good. They will be if Michael is in them.

I just want it to be soon. :fortuneteller:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back