22 July - Michael Jackson News & Mentionings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well one thing I'll say. Ne-Yo is treading dangerous waters. Michael knows more about music then he ever will and more about music then anyone he's ever worked with, and he won't think twice about throwing his songs straight in the trash. Michael KNOWS what he wants and he knows exactly where he's going with his work, which is why he'll tell Ne-Yo this needs to be better, change this and that. He doesn't need any help musically from this kid, and he isn't going to learn anything from him. Ne-Yo is dillusional if he thinks he's Michael's savior and is going to "bring it back to the music", but he sure as hell acts like that's what he thinks. Michael's giving him the chance of a lifetime, but he would be just as well off without him and Michael knows it. Anything Ne-Yo can do, Michael can do better. After all, Ne-Yo's entire sound is a watered down version of Michael's, as is his style of singing and dancing. So Ne-Yo better watch his mouth or he'll see his idol close the door on his pretty good, but could be a hell of a lot better songs and not at all essential input.

Last edited:
Thanks for the news! Loved the Ne-yo bits. :yes: I think Michael has heard those sort of comments about his voice from so many, even people he's friends with, that it probably doesn't bother him. And his voice does seem to fluctuate depending on who he's talking to...at least it seems that way to me. Sometimes it gets a bit light and high and sometimes he gets low? I didn't detect any malice in the context in which Ne-yo made the comment but everyone's perspective is different, no doubt. I could totally see how some might view it as being disrespectful. :flowers:

He's trying to get back to a place where people remember why they love Michael Jackson in the first place. In the beginning, you didn't care about Michael Jackson's personal life. It was about his dancing and his music. That was why you loved Mike. He's trying to get back there

I could just curl up in that quote and go to sleep (especially since I've been saying the exact same thing for the past 2+ years. eeeee!!!) Heavenly! :cloud9: Come on, Michael!!!! :punk:

I like the way Ne-yo has mastered being able to talk about MJ without really giving any specific details or info about anything. Niiiice! And they seem to have a well-oiled working relationship where he's able to take direction from Michael and give him what he's looking for. Confetti for Ne-yo! :D but not too much confetti cuz he's making fun of Michael's voice. :aggressive: Bad Ne-yo!

Mike's gonna get back to that place too. Just keep sending him that positive energy. Let it work its wonders.

Uh, no. I mean NE-YO thinks he himself is better then he is. Ne-Yo is a duech and he's acting too big for his britches. Michael is GIVING him the opportunity to work with a genius and he's acting about as ungrateful as one can be by making insulting and snide remarks about that genius.

Thanks KOPV. And yeah hopesprings, you have to wonder whether Ne-Yo is being passive aggressive or if he's just dense. Why would you say crap like that about one, the person whose entire musical and visual style you rip yours off of and two, the person who has enough faith in you and your talent to actually allow you to work with him, even if your talent doesn't amount to one quarter his.
Oh. lol

Well there were a lot of 'he's in your post, so I got confused, I guess.

It's common knowledge that Ne-Yo loves MJ, (just like us) and judging by the context, and that the rest of what he said expresses (imo) respect for MJ, I'm gonna assume Ne-Yo meant absolutely no harm. He could have chosen his words a bit more carefully, perhaps. Maybe he elaborated on that comment but what he said wasn't printed? Dunno.

I don't see what's the big problem. So he joked about MJ's high voice, big deal.

I hope he does bring a lot of melody in MJ's song. I can't wait to hear what those can come up with. I love pretty much everything he's written for other artists, so I'm looking forward to his collabos with MJ.

I bet in the end none of these rumored collabos make it on Michael's album and that will be the really intersting story.

Yeah, well, ask Michael. Didn't he say in "Moonwalk" that it hurt that people would make fun of the way he talked? Well... we can make as many excuses for these copy cats as we want, but what he said was disrepectful, especially since Ne-Yo can't stop drooling over Michael's singing voice. This isn't the first time Ne-Yo's said something off about Michael and I'm just saying that I don't like his attitude.

Last edited:
Yeah, well, ask Michael. Didn't he say in "Moonwalk" that it hurt that people would make fun of the way he talked? Well... we can make as many excuses for these copy cats as we want, but what he said was disrepectful, especially since Ne-Yo can't stop drooling over Michael's singing voice. This isn't the first time Ne-Yo's said something off about Michael and I'm just saying that I don't like his attitude.

Therein lies a big problem people tend to dismiss what Michael says be in in book or print it's really unfortunate and sad. People feel cause he has been around 40 years he should just not be human and roll with whatever and that's just really unfair period.

I do think Ne-Yo talked out of line with the high voice comment...he may have been joking but regardless, Michael can decide what he thinks of it. Hopefully he does read it. I do think that Ne-Yo should smarten up and show more respect for MJ...He should be honored that the king of pop actually called him and asked him to be a part of music history. Ne-Yo doesn't realize how much royalties could be made here considering how popular MJ is all around the world and how many records he sells! Anyways, this also gets me excited as it again confirms that Michael is working hard on that new album! Cant wait til its released

Unfortunately MJ is in a business where you're judged constantly so it's hard for people to shut up even if he or we begged them not to. What you gonna do?

You can't do anything, but it still doesn't make it right. I bet Ne-Yo wouldn't like it if people joked about him being bald. I just think he needs to check himself because he comes across as an arrogant ass hole.

Last edited:
What you mean "he comes across"?

He is, lol. He reportedly got a diss record against Chris Brown, of all people. :rofl:

Come on now, that's a cocky mofo. ;)

What's he got against Chris Brown? lol. Whatever, they can have eachother, they're BOTH full of themselves, lol. Ne-Yo ain't THAT talented. He's got nothing to be arragant about.

Last edited:
Nikki, when you got a head like this, believe me, you can't help BUT be cocky:

neyo1.jpg

:ph34r:

Mike's main question has been how come nobody believes it's him when he calls. LOL Poor baby. They just never believe it. Chris Tucker did the same thing. lol

Hahahaha

And I like this too.

Ne-Yo said, "it was very much keep it to yourself."

I am lovin' the way that this era is starting. It is so COOL!!

Ne-Yo's comment on Jackson's voice is questionable from factual side, let alone possible ethics of this.

The point is that Michael's higher pitch way of talking is never "falsetto" mode, what other people mostly can not catch, sounding more like transvestites/queens (or whoever, I am not strong in those terms).

Also, Ne-Yo's comment does not point that Michael's way of higher pitched use of voice has nothing to do with him wanting to be feminine, but rather being child-like instead (possibly like cartoon character, if make up is taken into consideration, like Peter Pan, you name it).

So it actually supports mass media ignorance and brainwashing.

Mike's main question has been how come nobody believes it's him when he calls. LOL Poor baby. They just never believe it. Chris Tucker did the same thing. lol
LMFAO YEAH! Aww, :hysterical:, also, Will.i.am. did the same thing too when Michael called him up. :lmao: He didn't believe it was him.

thanks for the news and the mentionnings

Last edited:
Man, oh, man how sensitive MJ fans have become. So MJ sometimes speaks in a high voice. We've all heard it. Everybody from Eddie Murphy to Chris Tucker have imitated it, lovingly or otherwise. He seems to choose to speak that way when he is feeling a little shy or wants to come across as non threatening. It's probably the only voice Ne-Yo has heard and he is right, it doesn't sound very manly. It doesn't mean that MJ is feminine or gay. It doesn't mean that he can't speak in a deeper voice - we all know that he often does. Am I a hater or disrespectful because I recognize that a deep, booming kind of voice is considered manlier (whatever that means) than a soft voice? I love the way MJ speaks, whether he choses to speak softly or with his deeper voice (the one MJ thinks sounds like a frog :lol:), but I'm not gonna pretend that he sounds like Sean Connery. I'm glad he doesn't.

Ne-Yo has expressed his love and admiration for MJ on countless occasions and his every video contains elements which are clearly meant as homages to his idol. I don't think he's made any statement that indicates that HE is the one who's 'saving' MJ's career. I frankly don't get where all this anger is coming from.

honey we shrunk the news again

Thanks for the news! Loved the Ne-yo bits. :yes: I think Michael has heard those sort of comments about his voice from so many, even people he's friends with, that it probably doesn't bother him. And his voice does seem to fluctuate depending on who he's talking to...at least it seems that way to me. Sometimes it gets a bit light and high and sometimes he gets low? I didn't detect any malice in the context in which Ne-yo made the comment but everyone's perspective is different, no doubt. I could totally see how some might view it as being disrespectful. :flowers:

I could just curl up in that quote and go to sleep (especially since I've been saying the exact same thing for the past 2+ years. eeeee!!!) Heavenly! :cloud9: Come on, Michael!!!! :punk:

I like the way Ne-yo has mastered being able to talk about MJ without really giving any specific details or info about anything. Niiiice! And they seem to have a well-oiled working relationship where he's able to take direction from Michael and give him what he's looking for. Confetti for Ne-yo! :D but not too much confetti cuz he's making fun of Michael's voice. :aggressive: Bad Ne-yo!

It's common knowledge that Ne-Yo loves MJ, (just like us) and judging by the context, and that the rest of what he said expresses (imo) respect for MJ, I'm gonna assume Ne-Yo meant absolutely no harm. He could have chosen his words a bit more carefully, perhaps. Maybe he elaborated on that comment but what he said wasn't printed? Dunno.
co-sign. there was a bigger and more positive point to that article.

and it's interesting that Ne-Yo doesn't know if Mike's recording any of his tunes yet which means he probably won't be producing IF he's chosen to write for the final cut.

Ne-Yo is of the few out there that stand out among the less-than-flattering roaster of mainstream artists, writers and producers. and Mike's all about the mainstream, so ....

It's Ne-Yo saying every comidian who ever made fun of Michael is spot on that's disrespectful, because that's not true and it's just messed up how people make fun of Michael. If Ne-Yo can't recognize that, then he's an idiot. People always make excuses for these guys, but the same ones who do are also the same ones ready to critisize Michael at every turn. Michael himself has said he doesn't like it. But again, I guess what Michael says hardly matters. It's not about being over sensitive, it's about wanting some respect for the person who all these blow hards, including Ne-Yo, stole their entire style from. It sound's disrespectful the way he said it. "Sad, but true." WTF does that mean? He makes it sound like Michael is all messed up because of the way he talks or that there's something wrong with him. Whatever. I just find it out of line. So sue me, call me over sensitive, whatever. That's how I took it and I'm not just hating, because if you'll pay attention, I've also given Ne-Yo props around here before. But his comments about Michael since day one have rubbed me the wrong way. Seriously, I hope his songs don't make the cut, just so he can get a reality check.

Last edited:
That's how I took it and I'm not just hating, because if you'll pay attention, I've also given Ne-Yo props around here before. But his comments about Michael since day one have rubbed me the wrong way. Seriously, I hope his songs don't make the cut, just so he can get a reality check.
music is greater than this, come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back