22 July - Michael Jackson News & Mentionings

Status
Not open for further replies.

wes

Proud Member
Hey guys, no news today but we have mentionings. I'm working today till midnight so I won't have a chance to update the thread throughout the day.

July 22 2008 - Tuesday

Michael Jackson News
Nothing at all yet

Michael Jackson Mentionings

Abba's appeal is strong, inexplicable
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117989264.html?categoryid=2857&cs=1
It's not the same as explaining the multigenerational appeal of a particular album like Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours" or Michael Jackson's "Thriller" or a particular period of a band such as the Rolling Stones or the Who, whose significance in various eras is constantly debated. This is a chunk of an oeuvre that's being appreciated, specifically the hits and not the album tracks or even the albums themselves.

Veterans honor roll dedicated in Cohocton
http://www.wellsvilledaily.com/state_news/x1751795369/Veterans-honor-roll-dedicated-in-Cohocton
“People have asked me who my heroes are,” Kuhl said. “And it’s not Michael Jackson or Reggie Jackson or some other athlete or star.
“These people up here should be your heroes,” he added, pointing to the World War II veterans sitting near him. “I know they’re mine.”

Does Plies Have A Hit Out On Him? Or Is He Just One Big Scardy Kat?
http://www.sohh.com/2008/07/ya-heard-blog-i.html
Has Plies let his suedo-success go to his head? It looks the like southern rapper thinks he’s the “Michael Jackson” of our time. Either that or he's in fear for his life. Check out his alleged diva demands at a recent concert down in the ATL.

Young singers strive for stardom
http://www.post-trib.com/news/1066525,J5DAYTHREE722.article
Forty years ago this week, a band of children led by 9-year-old Michael Jackson auditioned for Motown Records and skyrocketed to success. Decades later, the story of the Jackson 5 keeps the city’s most ambitious artists filled with hope as they try to overcome their individual challenges.

Bin man 'Ziggy Dust' spins and twirls his way to internet stardom
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/stand...twirls+his+way+to+internet+stardom/article.do
A dancing street sweeper who moves like Michael Jackson has become an internet cult hero

Michael Jackson History

1989 - Michael Jackson's "Liberian Girl" hit #13 in the U.K

1987: Michael Jackson releases his single "I Just Can't Stop Loving You." The song from Bad becomes the first of an astonishing five No. 1 singles from the album.

1987: Michael Jackson releases his single "I Just Can't Stop Loving You." The song from Bad becomes the first of an astonishing five No. 1 singles from the album.
Oh my, I didn't know that. LOL!

Can somebody tell me which other songs from BAD went No. 1. Thanks.

Thanks for the news, Wes.

Has Plies let his suedo-success go to his head? It looks the like southern rapper thinks he’s the “Michael Jackson” of our time

LOL. These rappers need to go somewhere and sit down. Plies songs are terrible. LOL.

^who is Plies? :unsure: :lol:
4l0ia0.jpg

7/22/08

5:15 PM
var curLocation = self.location.href; var locationSHtml = curLocation.lastIndexOf(".html"); if(locationSHtml == -1){ document.write("new_york_mag:"+curLocation+""); }else{ locationSHtml = locationSHtml + 5; curLocation = curLocation.substring(0, locationSHtml); document.write("new_york_mag:"+curLocation+""); }new_york_mag:http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1559922&posted=1new_york_mag:http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2008/07/neyo_on_working_with_michael_jackson.html$nymag_j(function(){$nymag_j("span#yahooBuzzBadge-form a").attr("title", "Buzz This");})
Failed Guitarist Ne-Yo on Writing Songs With Michael Jackson

neyo_lgl.jpg
Photo: Getty Images

Just the MJ part.....

." Also trying to change it up? Michael Jackson, who asked Ne-Yo to write songs for his comeback album. "Yeah, Michael's putting together a new album, and I'm helping him out with it," he confirmed. According to Ne-Yo, Jackson himself called to get him onboard. "I actually hung up on him because I thought someone was playin'," he said. "'Who's this?' [high voice] 'This is Michael Jackson.' Click. Then his representative called back. 'This is Peter Lopez. I have Michael Jackson on the phone.' And I was like, 'Oh my God. Are you serious?' And then I apologized for the next ten minutes. Any comedian who has ever made fun of Michael Jackson was right on. Sad but true. He does have a very high, not very manly voice."

But in the end, Jackson managed to talk Ne-Yo into the project. "He said he had a very high appreciation for my appreciation for melody. His music is all about the melody, and that's the only sort of real direction he gave me: 'Just make sure the song is as melodic as possible. I want to get back to that.'" Jackson apparently also gave some instructions on subject matter for lyrics, but, Ne-Yo said, "it was very much keep it to yourself." At this point, Ne-Yo has written a number of tracks, which he submits to Jackson as MP3s via e-mail; then, Ne-Yo said, "he'll call me back and say, 'I really like song No. 3. Song No. 4, the hook could be stronger. Song No. 1, change the first verse. Okay, bye.' Click. And then I redo them and he's like, 'Okay, they're perfect. Send me more.' So I don't know what he's keeping, what he's getting rid of, what he's recording."

Will this be Michael Jackson's comeback album? Ne-Yo hopes so. "He's definitely trying," he said. "He's trying to get back to a place where people remember why they love Michael Jackson in the first place. In the beginning, you didn't care about Michael Jackson's personal life. It was about his dancing and his music. That was why you loved Mike. He's trying to get back there. And I'm trying to help." —Jada Yuan

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2008/07/neyo_on_working_with_michael_jackson.html

Are these comments by Ne-Yo programmed into his head or somehting?:D I'm sure we'd love to hear something new from him!

Last edited:
http://cbs2chicago.com/entertainment/jackson.family.museum.2.777335.html

Could Gary Finally Get Jackson Family Museum?

GARY, Ind. (CBS) ― Gary, Ind., could soon be the home to a new museum dedicated to its most famous family: the Jacksons – as in Michael, Janet, Tito, Jermaine, LaToya and their siblings.

As CBS 2's Kristyn Hartman reports, their proud papa Joseph Jackson was in Gary Tuesday for a new reality show about the family.

The Jackson siblings grew up in Gary, so when the dad who developed their talent pays the city a visit, it's a sign-worthy day.

Posters taped to the doors at Gary's City Hall said "Come meet Joe."" Mayor Rudy Clay led the charge.

While Joe Jackson shot footage for his new reality TV show, Clay talked about plans for a home for some of the musical family's memorabilia; plans that have failed before.

"We had to get a commitment solid from Joe here today. We got that on camera," Clay said. Asked whether he got the commitment in writing, Clay said, "Let me put it like this, the paperwork has to come after the commitment.

The developer wouldn't speak with us on camera, but said the museum would be near Grant Street and Interstate 80/94. She also said the project's in the earliest of stages, but would be privately funded.

Joe Jackson said he was lending his approval to it, but was not promising to help finance it.

The family reportedly has had financial issues. Longtime confidant Majestik Magnificent said that's false.

"M.J. can make more money on accident than more people can on purpose. They say he's losing Neverland, but anything that goes away from Michael is because he don't want it anymore," Magnificent said.

What do the people of Gary want? Restaurant manager Mike Parker said, "We're behind anything that will make Gary better." That would include a museum that might bring business to places like his restaurant.

Joe Jackson and the entourage ate at Parker's restaurant before heading to the home where the whole history began and where a crowd welcomed him and the new Jackson Family Boulevard.

Viewers might have seen recent pictures of Michael Jackson in a wheelchair. Joe Jackson didn't talk about that, but he said everyone in the family is doing just fine.

wbbm0722jacksonfamilymuseum.jpg
An artist's rendering of a possible Jackson Family museum in Gary, Ind.
CBS

Video of Joe Jackson speaking.

http://cbs2chicago.com/video/?id=46979@wbbm.dayport.com

Last edited:
Any comedian who has ever made fun of Michael Jackson was right on. Sad but true. He does have a very high, not very manly voice."

Ne-Yo is such an ass hole. What the f*ck is wrong with him and these weird, off handed remakrs he makes? Michael had enough faith in the guy to call him up and ask him to submit songs, when Michael could EASILY outwrite his punk ass, and he keeps making strange comments which insinuate that he deserves the treatment he gets and all this other crap. I swear to God, I hope Michael doesn't use any of his songs. I think Ne-Yo is the most talented of the wanna be's, but he's still a wanna be and he needs a reality check on some things.

Well, at least Michael ain't shy about telling Ne-Yo what sucks. Man, this bi*ch should be taking notes from Michael. He can only dream of being as good a song writer.

Last edited:
that was really stupid for Neyo to say.. Not very smart of him.,..

Ne-Yo is such an ass hole. What the f*ck is wrong with him and these weird, off handed remakrs he makes? Michael had enough faith in the guy to call him up and ask him to submit songs, when Michael could EASILY outwrite his punk ass, and he keeps making strange comments which insinuate that he deserves the treatment he gets and all this other crap. I swear to God, I hope Michael doesn't use any of his songs. I think Ne-Yo is the most talented of the wanna be's, but he's still a wanna be and he needs a reality check on some things.

Well, at least Michael ain't shy about telling Ne-Yo what sucks. Man, this bi*ch should be taking notes from Michael. He can only dream of being as good a song writer.

I also thought that comment by Ne-Yo was unneccesary and was better left unsaid.....but it has accured to me that by the end of things, its always a possiblilty that Ne-Yo may not make this album at all!

Well with that attitude, lets hope he doesn't. Michael doesn't need him. He doesn't seem to realize that though. He think's he's better then he is.

^ lol! I find it funny how people pick out something out of nothing..

Wanabe is NOT questioning Mikes judgement..

but I will if that makes anyone feel better.. Michael is HUMAN and will not make the 'right' choice all the time.. Mike can question his own choices.. His friends will, his family will.. Those who fallow someone just to fallow are not TRUE to the person.. They become puppets..

"oh Michael, you are perfect, the God of music, and does not do wrong."

I will tell you I don't agree with somethings mike has done, does, and will do.. That does not mean I love him any less.. I just accept the fact he's HUMAN..

PREACH, thank you for speaking my views. I have to wonder if Ne-Yo is going this route because maybe he knows his stuff isn't going to be on the new album, why would anyone with a half a brain insult the very person you long for to use your work?

^^ You're questioning MJ's judgment?

Uh, no. I mean NE-YO thinks he himself is better then he is. Ne-Yo is a duech and he's acting too big for his britches. Michael is GIVING him the opportunity to work with a genius and he's acting about as ungrateful as one can be by making insulting and snide remarks about that genius.

Thanks KOPV. And yeah hopesprings, you have to wonder whether Ne-Yo is being passive aggressive or if he's just dense. Why would you say crap like that about one, the person whose entire musical and visual style you rip yours off of and two, the person who has enough faith in you and your talent to actually allow you to work with him, even if your talent doesn't amount to one quarter his.

Last edited:
well for Neyo's sake I hope Mike does not hear what he said..

For Mikes sake, I hope he DOES hear it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back