2011 Brooklyn Loves Michael Jackson Birthday Celebration - UPDATE: Party is Postponed

Re: 2011 Brooklyn Loves Michael Jackson Birthday Celebration Announcement

Very cool pictures of Spike Lee, he wants everybody to remember that Michael was someone special.

I will be there as well. Hopefully Hurricane Irene will hold off.

Thanks Spike Lee for doing this for Mike i hope this event will be every yer and i also hope to be in it one day there must be this event for every city in the world like "Paris Loves MICHAEL JACKSON" etc...

Recent tweets from Spike about MJ bday celebration this Saturday:
http://twitter.com/spikelee
SpikeLee Spike Lee
Y'KNOW BROOKLYN GOES HARD.Won't be any different Saturday 12Noon-6pm.I talked to Ms.Irene and she told me She LOVES MJ TOO and will hold OFF
1 hour ago

SpikeLee Spike Lee
Folks,The Rain from Irene won't hit NYC/BROOKLYN until Saturday Evening.ALL SYSTEMS GO.Brooklyn Loves MJ. 12Noon-6pm.PROSPECT PARK.IT'S ON!!
8 hours ago

SpikeLee Spike Lee
RAIN OR SHINE. WE WILL GET IT IN BEFORE IRENE SHOWS THE HELL UP
24 Aug

They're shutting the subway system down on Saturday :(

It'd suck for this to be cancelled, it's such a nice thing to do for MJ

They're shutting the subway system down on Saturday :(

It'd suck for this to be cancelled, it's such a nice thing to do for MJ

Where did you see/hear this? I can't find any information on the MTA website.

EDIT: Never mind, I found it.

Well, I guess that's it for me then, I needed the subway to get to Brooklyn in the first place. I'm completely bummed now. I've been looking forward to this for months.

Last edited:

^^ can't you go by bus? I know it will take longer, but I assume there are buses in New York City you could take to get to Brooklyn?

^^ can't you go by bus? I know it will take longer, but I assume there are buses in New York City you could take to get to Brooklyn?

if the subway is not running, then don't bet on the buses. there most likely going to be massive delays in the public transportation on the ground too.

that's very unfortunate :( I attended Spike Lee's party last year and it was amazing. I hope Spike Lee will find a solution, perhaps moving the party to the next weekend would be a good idea...

From his twitter:

Spike Lee
SpikeLee Spike Lee
PARTY IS ON! Got approval from the Mayor's office & Parks Dept. We're jamming 10AM-2PM! 10AM-2PM! 10AM-2PM! Tell your friends & RT BKlovesMJ

It's now postponed..

SpikeLee Spike Lee
Due to the fact the Mayor is shutting down mass transportation tomorrow @12P Brooklyn Loves Michael Jackson Celebration has been postponed
1 hour ago

SpikeLee Spike Lee
Thank You to everyone.We tried but it was not meant to be.Hopefully we can get a date to reschedule.Let's all DANCE and SiNG on MJ's BornDay
28 minutes ago

Damn, that sucks.

SpikeLee Spike Lee
Due to the fact the Mayor is shutting down mass transportation tomorrow @12P Brooklyn Loves Michael Jackson Celebration has been postponed
1 hour ago

SpikeLee Spike Lee
Thank You to everyone.We tried but it was not meant to be.Hopefully we can get a date to reschedule.Let's all DANCE and SiNG on MJ's BornDay
28 minutes ago
Well hopefully they will reschedule _ its best to be safe ..

oh well... it's a responsible thing to do to postpone the celebration. it's going to be chaotic if the public transportation system is suspended. also, people in the NY area need to get ready before the hurricane arrives. so, tomorrow is not really a day to party...

SpikeLee Spike Lee
1 hour ago

SpikeLee Spike Lee
28 minutes ago

Oh no..... :(

Things you can do in Brooklyn area and else where for MJ Birthday :)

Gadget Trish does a Michael Jackson Season Update (Hurricane Irene Edition).

Aww sorry the celebration was postponed. I mean, I wasn't going anyway this year but I'm sorry that the ones who were are disappointed. I'm sure Spike tried his best but since public transportation is being shut down around noon on Saturday that didn't leave much choice. I'm sure he will reschedule it for a better date. Spike...how about in October when it's cooler? ;)

They just released this year's Brooklyn Loves MJ Mixtape.

It's free so please share it with as many people as you can. Last year's mix tape was downloaded over 40 000 within the first months.

http://www.jperiod.com/bkmj/

It's not gonna get postponed:
SpikeLee Spike Lee
I promise Brooklyn Loves MJ will be Bigger and Better in The Year of Our Lord 2012.We tried but Hurricane Irene had other thoughts.CON'T
9 hours ago

SpikeLee Spike Lee
Good Morning. BAD NEWS. Brooklyn Loves MJ has been cancelled due to scheduling conflicts for this year.Hurricane Irene did us in.CON'T
10 hours ago

Hi Memefan,

That link you provided is not free. There is a charge if you don't delete it after a 30 day free trial. I'm very forgetful about things like that so unfortunately I'd love a listen, but won't be downloading.

Hi Memefan,

That link you provided is not free. There is a charge if you don't delete it after a 30 day free trial. I'm very forgetful about things like that so unfortunately I'd love a listen, but won't be downloading.

Well, download is FREE

Well, download is FREE

Okay. I see now. That was a pop-up to purchase some program to download it to. I just declined. I'm not very experienced in downloading music files, but I think I got them to download to Realplayer. Lot of seperate files. Is that the way it should be? The first file is of the J5. Thanks for the link :)

Back