2011 Brooklyn Loves Michael Jackson Birthday Celebration - UPDATE: Party is Postponed

Re: 2011 Brooklyn Loves Michael Jackson Birthday Celebration Announcement

JMie are you really going??

I will make an extra effort because many fans want to go this year for the first time & some of them I do wanna meet.

Hopefully, it won't be as HOT (scorching hot) as last time...And I hope you wont get stuck on an MJ cruise boat with a bunch of older folks...AGAIN.

Ha ha ha...

I have plans to be in NYC in August, so I'll do my best to plan my visit around this day :) I wouldn't want to miss the fun :)

hahaha, the cruise WAS FUN!!! :) :)

I am going again this year...

32694_la.jpg

So proud of Spike for doing this for Michael again

Wow
it's great

I wish I could go again this year but until someone invents a suit of air conditioning I may have to skip it. Michael, why weren't you be born in the fall.

It's so great this event! Thank you Spike Lee. I gonna go next year, because this year my holidays are at the beginning of August but next year I'll Be There!

I am planning to come this year, unless it turns out that there's really bad weather forecast for the day. I don't live nearby so I don't want to make the trip for nothing. I hope it's not over 90 degrees!

I'm praying that it will be no more than 75 degrees with low humidity. Not a chance in hell is there?

We can dream. :pray:

99.9% sure I will be there this year, finally! :D Can't wait!

I'm glad that Spike is continuing this event and am keeping my fingers crossed that people continue to support it in the kind of numbers Spike will need to keep going.
With so many MJ fans in the entertainment industry I am disappointed by how little has been done in tribute to MJ.
I know that celebs have tweeted often about their admiration for MJ, have said the same in interviews, have included small references to MJ in the music videos, have included MJ tributes in their concerts....actually that's quite a lot right there.
Anyway, what I have been holding out for is a proper high profile event.
Why hasn't there been a MJ tribute concert?? kinda like the legendary Freddie Mercury concert at Wembley. I'm sure I could list enough artists off the top of my head who I am sure would want to take part and would sell tickets by the stadium load. Lets think...Chris Brown, Snoop Dogg, Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Missy Elliot, Jason Derulo, N.E.R.D, Jay-Z, Ne-Yo, Akon, Kanye, Will.i.am (not sure if he would take part, but I hope he would), Black Eyed Peas, Usher, Far East Movement, JLS. From a UK perspective, these guys would sell large numbers of tickets and it's a much better list than anything Jermaine was planning to put together. They've had over 2 years and still nothing has been done.
Oh well, I wish I could attend Spike's party...

I so want to go this event. It's one birthday I don't want to miss :)

That's really nice that he wants to do this again for Michael and the fans.

Spike is so cool for doing this once again!!

*** 2011 Brooklyn Loves Michael Jackson Celebration ***

Michael Jackson Gets New Mural for Spike Lee Birthday Bash

For the past couple of years, Spike Lee's production company 40 Acres and a Mule has been throwing a big free birthday party for the late Michael Jackson. The mural of Michael on 40 Acres' Fort Greene production office's garage door has been a popular photo spot for locals and tourists ever since it went up.

This past week, in preparation for their third annual party, 40 Acres unveiled a new Michael banner. Take a look after the jump.

The party will be in Prospect Park on August 27, two days before Jackson would turn 53 if he were still alive.

46229_la.jpg

Re: *** 2011 Brooklyn Loves Michael Jackson Celebration ***

Its great to see Spike Lee has continued these parties and now this mural,tweeted Spike Lee to thank him. I've never been-as I'm in the UK, but if this tradition continues far into the future it might get to the stage where if I planned to go to NYC I would take this into account lol

Bump.

Cool picture! Anyone still going here?

^ YES! I am now 100% definitely going! Gonna try to dress like mike too! lol :p

It's great but it's too far for me.

I am going too.

Guys, we need to keep supporting this great effort.

We complain about the family use tributes to fill their pockets (rightfully so!!!!)...Spike Lee (not a even a family) is doing this for free. We need to support this as much as we can so he keeps bringing it back EVERY SINGLE year for generations to come.

This is Spike Lee's invitation for August 27th. BE THERE if you can.

Spike Lee on WhoSay

Last edited:

Spike is not related to MJ and he's doing more for MJ than his own family.

Yep, says much about his family, innit? They are only out for the money. Sorry to say, mum included. This is a way better tribute than that sham-ful concert in England.

Here is the Brooklyn tribute's FB page: https://www.facebook.com/BrooklynLovesMJ.

ill be there if any1 wants to link up

Back