14 Aug 08 - Michael Jackson News & Mentioning

At the end of the day if a Jackson owed u money and wasnt returning your calls u would be pissed off aswell lol... I dont get why everyone has to jump to the defence of the one thats clearlly in the wrong, If Tito owes money he should pay up

See here's where I'm at as far as this cat goes.

First of all there are TWO sides to EVERY story. So far we have only heard Matt's side. Second, if he got a beef with Tito, why does he need to run to the press. In my opinion, REAL friends don't run to the press, unless they have some type of agenda.

Since we all know that Tito just recently left Devon, it seems awful strange that Matt ALREADY filed a lawsuit.

Actually, this could be a blessing in disguise, because as far as I'm concerned, something else is going on and it has nothing to do with money. Once this "thing" is resolved, both parties can go their separate ways and Matt can obtain his 15 minutes of fame from one of his OTHER "friends." LOL!

Fine I will accept that theres a possibility it could be a lie, but I bet you people cant acknoledge that he may be telling the truth as it would be putting the JACKSONS in the wrong...i guess time will tell

All i will say is the Jacksons dont have a good track record when it comes to paying back loans...
What wrong? It is not wrong to owe somebody money. It is wrong not to pay them back, it is also wrong not to give them sufficient time to pay the money back. The guy said he was given 8, 000 pounds back.
He will not achieve anything by going to court cause all Jacksons need to show is that effort has been made to pay the money back.
the court will give him time to do so. Provided he owes the money of course.

See here's where I'm at as far as this cat goes.

First of all there are TWO sides to EVERY story. So far we have only heard Matt's side. Second, if he got a beef with Tito, why does he need to run to the press. In my opinion, REAL friends don't run to the press, unless they have some type of agenda.

Since we all know that Tito just recently left Devon, it seems awful strange that Matt ALREADY filed a lawsuit.

Actually, this could be a blessing in disguise, because as far as I'm concerned, something else is going on and it has nothing to do with money. Once this "thing" is resolved, both parties can go their separate ways and Matt can obtain his 15 minutes of fame from one of his OTHER "friends." LOL!

It was obvious that something was going on during the party and the Jacksons stay in Devon. Matt wasn't even seen at the party and his name wasn't mentioned during the Jacksons stay. All of a sudden it was all about the 18 year old student. I even asked where Matt was, seeing that he was the one in the media just weeks before. I thought it was very strange, obviously they had fallen out at the time. This is about Matt having his revenge.

I'm not saying that Michael has NEVER been at fault for a lawsuite.. I'm sure he's been.. In his business your bound to make promisses, and sign things that you just can't keep..

BUT I don't think anyone can deny that Michael is a hunted man.. People will find ways to make lawsuites out of any/everything just to add money in there pockets..

It was obvious that something was going on during the party and the Jacksons stay in Devon. Matt wasn't even seen at the party and his name wasn't mentioned during the Jacksons stay. All of a sudden it was all about the 18 year old student. I even asked where Matt was, seeing that he was the one in the media just weeks before. I thought it was very strange, obviously they had fallen out at the time. This is about Matt having his revenge.
Oh Dats, YOUR RIGHT! Very good deduction!

I had forgot all about the 18 year old and you're also right, Matt "apparently" was not at the party. As a matter of fact, after the Jackson's got settled in Devon, we didn't see any more pictures of Matt with them. We saw pictures of various Jackson's walking around Devon, talking to the townspeople, but Matt was not in any of those pictures. Now that I think about it, it does seem a little strange.

Matt was VERY present in the beginning, but once things got underway, he was nowhere to be found. Very strange indeed!

I could have sworn that Matt was in several pics walking near Katherine, they're in one of the Devon threads on here somewhere.

Or maybe that was before the Devon event, can't remember- but it was at the airport when Katherine was either arriving or leaving.

Edit: I found the pics in this thread post #19: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52526

That is Matt, isn't it?

Last edited:
I could have sworn that Matt was in several pics walking near Katherine, they're in one of the Devon threads on here somewhere.

Or maybe that was before the Devon event, can't remember- but it was at the airport when Katherine was either arriving or leaving.

Edit: I found the pics in this thread post #19: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52526

That is Matt, isn't it?

Matt was at the airport with Kathrine, but even then he didn't look comfortable and he seemed to hold back quite a lot. It was during the event that his name completely vanished and all of a sudden the young student took over. Matt was nowhere to be seen with the jacksons during this time.

Matts body language is very telling in them pictures. Those are not the reaction of a friend, more like an angry enemy.

And for him to say that "Tito and his family wanted to find a house in Swindon so they could be close to him", is just too silly for words. What grown man talks like that.

LOL stalker alert. i dont know why the jacksons dont just come on the boards and ask the fans before they get invovled with dodgy ppl. we seem to know more than any of them and can spot sleezeballs a mile off lol.

I recall that article and it was VERY long, with homeboy talking about the "greatness" of Michael Jackson. As a matter of fact, I "probably" read it right on this very board. If I recall correctly Matt was the one "alluding" that MJ would be coming to Devon also, when he did that huge newspaper interview

i bet you titos dream house in swindon (thought that tito was moving to devon anyway lol) that fiddes was only doing the rounds to suck up to mj to get him to attend the party and come to devon. go to the press kissing his ass and hope it gets back to MJ through tito and he decides to come because of all the nice words lol..

hate to say it tito but told ya so

Last edited:
The Jacksons must have been really sheltered. they seem to have no clue whatsoever, when people are trying to use them, they seem to just fall for it over and over again. I sometimes wish they were more street wise.

The Jacksons must have been really sheltered.

very much so. look at the life they have had. its gonna be hard to have life skills such as that when u have never really mixed on a normal level and had normal relationships.you just think they would be abit wiser now though.u are niave when u are a kid but u know how things work as an adult. even more so when u are famous

Oh God, just because this guy says that Tito owes him money DOES NOT MEAN that he owes him money. Everybody that sues a person for money is not telling the truth. So why should we believe this guy when we don't even know what the details were?

exactly.. and something tells me this is 15mins.. and poof its gone

Matt has become familiar to Adver readers not just for his successful martial arts schools, but also for his decade-long friendship with the famous pop family.
At the rate he's going, he's going to be known to Adver readers for being locked out by the Jacksons forever after talking too much to the media like others that have been dismissed for doing that.
:lol:

However, Akon recently told UK tabloid rag the Daily Star about his recent visit with the King of Pop, who greeted him in his PJs. “I was like, ‘Are you going out like that?’ He was in his pyjamas and I was waiting to see if he was going to change. He [then] grabs a scarf and puts it around his head, then he grabs the kids and puts a scarf around their heads, so I grab a scarf and put it around my head and off we go.”
This always makes me bust up laughin'! Akon is a trip! :lol:

That MJ-Madonna comparison article is going to disappear into thin air the moment MJ's project fully gets off the ground. It just really feels like what's coming up ahead is going to be unprecedented.

Last edited:
usa today about michael (article from aug 15th)

if this belongs anywhere else like tabloid just move it (for administration of course:D)

Madonna, Prince and Michael Jackson were turning the music world upside down in the '80s. This summer, they're turning 50. USA TODAY examines the vital signs of the durable pop triumvirate.
Michael Joseph Jackson
Born Aug. 29, 1958, in Gary, Ind.
Jackson's initial breakthrough was at age 11 when the Jackson 5's I Want You Back scaled the chart. He embarked on a solo career in 1972 with modest-selling Got to Be There. The sizzle generated by 1979's Off the Wall went nuclear with 1982's Thriller, an unprecedented phenomenon that dominated music sales for two years and moonwalked into the record books. While never able to match Thriller's success, Jackson dominated pop for the next decade. He co-wrote 1985's all-star benefit single We Are the World; 1987's Bad generated five chart-toppers.

The self-proclaimed King of Pop's crown is rusting. He last performed at a benefit in 2001 after he released Invincible, his most recent studio album. In July, he was photographed wearing PJs and a surgical mask while being pushed around Las Vegas in a wheelchair. He's rumored to be recording new music.
Jackson hit the jackpot with 1982's Thriller, which sold 27 million and ranks second (behind the Eagles' Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975) among history's best-selling albums in the USA.
Jackson's three-show 1997 stint in London's Wembley Stadium was the U.K.'s biggest engagement of the year, tallying $9 million in ticket sales.
Though Jackson's touring history is sporadic, "with his body of work and undeniable onstage charisma, he could very much still be a strong concert draw," says Ray Waddell, Billboard's senior editor for touring. "Whether he is physically capable of a large tour or even wants to tour is anybody's guess."
Early in his career, Jackson made shrewd investments, including his purchase of Neverland Ranch and the Beatles catalog. But as earnings failed to keep pace with spending, debt has eroded much of his fortune. In 2005, Forbes placed Jackson's publishing and real estate holdings at $650 million, but he owed $339 million in loans.
The peak was Everest, the valley was Death, and no star has experienced a steeper career nose dive. Jackson, arguably the globe's most famous celebrity, ruled pop after Thriller. His downfall began with bizarre behavior and plastic surgery, then escalated with accusations of child molestation in 1993 that entailed an out-of-court settlement. New charges resulted in a media-saturation trial in 2005 that ended in acquittal but failed to restore his Peter Pan image.
"He thought he was running the tabloid show, but it ended up in charge of his life," Blender editor in chief Joe Levy says.
"In terms of pop songs and performance, Jackson pretty much has no peer," Spin editor Doug Brod says. "Every current pop star, from Kanye West to Rihanna, will say he's their biggest influence. His impact on the pop charts has been phenomenal."
Even as Jackson's career sputtered, the Thriller quake never stopped generating aftershocks.
"When you look at Chris Brown or Justin Timberlake, you see people consciously working inside a pop-star framework that Jackson created," Levy says.
With the current state of Jackson's career so uncertain, his future is difficult to ascertain, Brod says. "He's been inactive so long, I'm not sure he'll be relevant at 60. And I don't know if he can get away with that wispy tone of voice at that age."
His new music could be great, "but the likelihood of reviving his career without a tour is very slim. And pictures of him in a wheelchair don't make you think, 'There's a guy ready to perform Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough for 240 nights.' "
Us Weekly editor in chief Janice Min sees little hope for a comeback. "The whole story takes you to a really dark place, and no PR person could turn that around for him. Whether you find him repulsive or sympathetic, it's an amazing fall."

var yahooBuzzArticleId = 'usatoday:'+storyURL+'?csp=34';var yahooBuzzBadgeType = 'text';var sclListBottom = "";sclListBottom +='';sclListBottom +='
';sclListBottom +='Share this story:
';sclListBottom +='';sclListBottom +='';sclListBottom +='
';sclListBottom +='';sclListBottom +='
  • ';sclListBottom +='
    • ';sclListBottom +='';sclListBottom +='';sclListBottom +=' ';sclListBottom +='Digg';sclListBottom +='';sclListBottom +='';sclListBottom +=' ';sclListBottom +='Newsvine';sclListBottom +='';sclListBottom +='';sclListBottom +=' ';sclListBottom +='Reddit';sclListBottom +='';sclListBottom +='';sclListBottom +=' ';sclListBottom +='Facebook';sclListBottom +='';sclListBottom +='';sclListBottom +='What\'s this?';sclListBottom +='';sclListBottom +='
    ';sclListBottom +='
';sclListBottom +='
';sclListBottom +='
';sclListBottom +='
';document.write(sclListBottom);

Last edited:
Re: usa today about michael (article from aug 15th)

I think it's a pretty factual article on Michaels career at this point. But if Michael is behind it 200%, I'm convinced he can amaze the world once more. And by the looks of it, this could happen. Just don't think he's going on tour again.

i m sure he can make it happen one more time and as for ouring mm i m not sure he never really loved touring remember the home movies lol
but he s still michael jackson the man who lkoves surprising both his fans and the rest of the world .................

I don't know about the whole Fiddes-thing. I wasn't there behind the scenes. If Tito owes him money, he should pay up. On the other hand the 'so they could live close to me' surely raises a red flag to me.

But guys... this doesn't make any of us experts in body-language regarding pictures, videos and live views. You can read anything in everything if you have your mind set a certain way.

I have been waiting for MJ to make a decent return to music since Blood On The Dancefloor and it hasn’t happened yet (IMO). I was aware at the time that he was starting to get on in years and he was running out of time to make a major comeback and so really hoped the next album would come quick with a new tour before he got old. It didn’t. We are still here in 2008 waiting for it to happen.
I don’t think Mike wants it enough, because if he did, he would be out there making it happen, it’s not as if there is lack of interest in the media or public. All he has to do is snap his fingers and just about any show anywhere in the world would have him in. Getting promotion would not be a problem for him, but he doesn’t want to promote. He doesn’t want to perform. Why isn’t he out there taking the opportunities to perform at charity events, awards ceremonies, or his own concerts like Madonna and most other celebs do year after year. Madonna practically lives in the studio and on stage and although I don’t like her or her music, I really admire her work ethic. She’s amazing in that respect and she obviously loves what she does. Her hard work is the main reason right now that she is held in high regard by the media and public, not because of her records, which IMO are pretty boring. While she is well aware of what is going on in the scene, Mike has no interest in music and doesn’t even follow the trends between his album releases. When he was out with Will.i.am watching Prince in Las Vegas, he didn’t even know that Will was in a group, he only knew him as a producer. He didn’t know about the Black Eyed Peas. That is a pretty major lack of knowledge and not somebody who has their finger on the pulse. Hell, the finger’s not even got a pulse itself. Somebody somewhere put Mike in touch with Will and Akon and Ne yo, but Mike certainly didn’t chase them down. Maybe they had people chase him down, I don’t’ know. If Mike really cared about his reputation he would be out there setting the record straight, showing why he is so famous, doing interviews and promoting himself as a person and an artist. He doesn’t need a new album to do that, but he hasn’t done it. Even if he felt the need for a new album, he could have had one out by the beginning of 2006 without too much trouble. Just think, we could be atleast half way to the next one by now! There is no real sign of a new album coming soon, only rumours and mentionings from music stars that have ‘been working on’ the album, just like the other rumours we’ve heard over the years. These are no more significant in my mind. Anything that has been recorded will be out of date by the time the album drops.
What a waste of time, but more importantly and more saddening is the huge waste of talent.

Oh please. It is quite clear he is working on music. But just because YOU don't know anything means JACK. Same old thing from the doom and gloomers on absolutley no basis. And Michael Jackson likes to be underestimated. Pity his fans keep falling for all the tabloid sensationalism.

By the way, no surprise on the negative undertones coming from US Weekly. LOL! I guess they are also still standing by their septuplets story. They were spewing their crap during the trial, especially with that reporter of theirs (forget his name).

"but the likelihood of reviving his career without a tour is very slim.
agree with this very much. If he can pull off another tour, I'm sure there will be Michael mania all over again.

I would consider someone's career in shambles if they did put out an album and no one buys it. I do not see how the media can call MJ's career a shambles when they have no evidence that it is.
They have no evidence because he has not released any new music for them to judge his career by. To call his career a shambles would be to call everybody who take time out from recording career a shambles too. The argument makes no sense.
Michael went through a difficult time during the trial and he is taking his time to regroup and to release music. his career is not in shambles because there are people out there waiting for his release. his Thriller 25 is a testiment of that.
I don't understand why these blatant prejudicial articles get posted on fansites when fans would have been pulled up for saying such things themselves. What is the difference between negative articles being posted and fans saying the same thing.

Last edited:
Well, maybe the difference is they use better grammar? :hysterical:

But seriously, the article isn't bad. It's just a bare laydown of the facts from a public point of view.

And something else: Why Michael doesn't follow the current trends? Because he's a pioneer, not a follower. At least, that's what I'm hoping for with the new album. Akon, Will... great, but Michael must do what he does best: surprise people with his OWN talent, not that of others.

Well, maybe the difference is they use better grammar? :hysterical:

But seriously, the article isn't bad. It's just a bare laydown of the facts from a public point of view.

And something else: Why Michael doesn't follow the current trends? Because he's a pioneer, not a follower. At least, that's what I'm hoping for with the new album. Akon, Will... great, but Michael must do what he does best: surprise people with his OWN talent, not that of others.
You give them too much credit. The moment they call his career a shambles I stop reading. If is career was ever in shambles, they are the ones who put it there. I don't care to hear from these people. They need to leave the man alone.:(

Last edited:
To dismiss Michael's musical hiatus as 'he doesnt want it enough' is a little degrading coming from a fan as well. I think he has worked the majority of his childhood AND his adult life AND has had a number of devastating tribulations which has halted any work that was steadily progressing...(anyone remember the OneMore Time video screen caps etc just before the 2003 trial?).

What does work ethic mean? I think you are a little mistaken...work ethics come when you are working and is HOW you work. In the entertainment indstry I doubt it means how often and how long you work for. I'm sick of the media and now many fans alike going on and on about how Madonna is still singing and touring etc etc..so great but to me her work is mediocre, its like she goes through the motions ever so often but makes little impact in the grand scheme of things.

Michael has even stayed away from the limelight because I thnk he purposefully wants that time away from teh spotlight and everybody else seems to WANT this "COMEBACK" more than Michael Jackson hmself which where all this frustrations are borne.

forget Michael will do your madonna esqu tour..how many times has he said he cares little for world tours? forget churning album after album madonna style..Michael will never.

To dismiss Michael's musical hiatus as 'he doesnt want it enough' is a little degrading coming from a fan as well. I think he has worked the majority of his childhood AND his adult life AND has had a number of devastating tribulations which has halted any work that was steadily progressing...(anyone remember the OneMore Time video screen caps etc just before the 2003 trial?).

What does work ethic mean? I think you are a little mistaken...work ethics come when you are working and is HOW you work. In the entertainment indstry I doubt it means how often and how long you work for. I'm sick of the media and now many fans alike going on and on about how Madonna is still singing and touring etc etc..so great but to me her work is mediocre, its like she goes through the motions ever so often but makes little impact in the grand scheme of things.

Michael has even stayed away from the limelight because I thnk he purposefully wants that time away from teh spotlight and everybody else seems to WANT this "COMEBACK" more than Michael Jackson hmself which where all this frustrations are borne.

forget Michael will do your madonna esqu tour..how many times has he said he cares little for world tours? forget churning album after album madonna style..Michael will never.

I agree. The people who dismiss MJ never mention that he is a music mogul with an Atv catalogue that is the envy of the world. All performing artists wish they own MJ's catalogue, then they wouldn't have to work so hard anymore. MJ doesn't rush out to work because he doesn't have to, not because his music career is in shambles. he is not doing it for the same reason that Smokey Robinson didn't do it, and Barry Maniloe stopped doing it. He owns the songs that makes the whole world sings.:yes:

I agree. The people who dismiss MJ never mention that he is a music mogul with an Atv catalogue that is the envy of the world. All performing artists wish they own MJ's catalogue, then they wouldn't have to work so hard anymore.
that's very true, and as for his media exposure, unlike many of his young hypocritical superstar contemporaries who refuse to accept celebrity sacrifices but still do it then bitch about it - of course he's purposefully trying to dodge the limelight; this may just be the happiest and calmest he's been in a long time.

In my opinion, REAL friends don't run to the press, unless they have some type of agenda

That is very true. If this clown was his friend, he would have called him on the phone and settle the issue.

The Jacksons have got to really learn from this and be careful. They have to have a radar device to see who is loyal and who is there to get some information and start spreading it.

"In terms of pop songs and performance, Jackson pretty much has no peer," Spin editor Doug Brod says. "Every current pop star, from Kanye West to Rihanna, will say he's their biggest influence. His impact on the pop charts has been phenomenal."

That is the truth. This is what is most important about Michael that separates him from Madonna and Prince.

"He thought he was running the tabloid show, but it ended up in charge of his life," Blender editor in chief Joe Levy says.

Really, Levy? But Madonna can be a media "whore", do all of these weird PR stunts and not get trashed for it. Michael does the same thing and he destroyed his career? Please. Mike can't even fake an image or have a calculated one without someone hating. Mike's impact in music is more important than the tabloid crap that these people like to focus on. Blah. It is not Mike's fault if all the media ever want to talk about is lies, lies, and more lies. Hell, without the lies, they wouldn't have a business. The only people they are fooling is themselves.

"He's been inactive so long, I'm not sure he'll be relevant at 60. And I don't know if he can get away with that wispy tone of voice at that age."

Inactive? So, this means what exactly and what does it have to do with his legacy? This man has been working and performing since he was fucking 11 years old. When these clowns, that state their shitty opinions, were growing up having a childhood, Michael was performing and recording music that these clowns were buying. Now, that it seems that he is "inactive" they wanna assume that he will not be relevant at 60? Please. Can a black man have a damn life? Look at Prince, he makes music all of the time. He has no family life, no children. Just his music. Madonna is juggling three children and a demanding music career and a rumored failed marriage. You have Michael that is trying to recover (hell, I think he has been doing far better than recovering) from some bull he went through years back. He is doing music at the same time raising three children as a single father (single fathers do not even get respect at all) and trying to get his career back in order. He is trying to fix everything and make sure things go fine when he does return. He does not want to return and all hell has broken loose. So, I do not know what these fools are talking about, really. Justin, Chris Brown,etc. are not even at their peak and most of their careers are based on what Michael put on the table. They will never have the success that MJ had because of various reasons. So, they are not going to go through 2% of what MJ went through. As for the voice - oh please. Can the man have a soft spoken voice that is deep at times? He doesn't have to get all deep voiced to the hating ass media all of the time. I mean, what the hell has that got to do with anything.

Us Weekly editor in chief Janice Min sees little hope for a comeback. "The whole story takes you to a really dark place, and no PR person could turn that around for him. Whether you find him repulsive or sympathetic, it's an amazing fall."

And your magazine is an amazing piece of shit. Please. No PR person can turn what around for him? Is Mike expecting them to? Hell no, so the point is? Who cares about that ish? Mike has been a teen idol, a underrated sex symbol, he had a "great" image, he had people that did a great job with his image. However, that was the past. Michael doesn't seem to care about what people think about him. This media created this nonsense, not Michael. Michael's only fault was not being careful, not seeing people's true motives and giving a damn. That is it. The media rewards people who have trashed this man for no damn reason and that is not right. Michael cannot change what happened and he has accepted that. He did all he can do for his image. He did that shitty docmentary and got played. He did great interviews with Geraldo and Jesse Jackson and was mocked. I mean, he did all he can do regarding some shitty image that really means nothing. This man's music is far more important than some image that is created by the laughable, facist, piece of a crap media. It is not Michael's fault or issue if all the media cares about is his personal life that THEY MADE UP! The truth is known to these clowns but they purposely ignore it because it proves that their theories about MJ is wrong as hell. Hey, to me, Michael did it better than some Prince and Madonna. These people need to go and sit down. It is not fair to compare these three because each of their careers are different. They still have fans and they are still important in some way. That is all that matters. These three have their haters and lovers. Image and the truth are two different things. When people see the real Michael, they are not going to believed the trash that was said about him.

Last edited:

Yes? Is it really? Not to me I must say.
Well that means, Ne-Yo, Akon, RedOne, & Will.I.Am are ALL liars! Is that what your saying?

Your comment is not just directed to Michael, it's also directed to the folks who claim to be working with Michael.

Oh please. It is quite clear he is working on music. But just because YOU don't know anything means JACK. Same old thing from the doom and gloomers on absolutley no basis. And Michael Jackson likes to be underestimated. Pity his fans keep falling for all the tabloid sensationalism.

By the way, no surprise on the negative undertones coming from US Weekly. LOL! I guess they are also still standing by their septuplets story. They were spewing their crap during the trial, especially with that reporter of theirs (forget his name).

Excellent I.F.! You took the words right out of my mouth. :yes::clapping:

Back