106 n park talks about Akon and MJ

:agree: im not really bothered about akon because the Hold my hand song was crap (in my opinion)
if they did something like " locked up" that wud be better, thats a tune and a half
im more bothered about kanye west etc etc :cheers:its all up to Michael tho ent it

Aint' feelin' Akon. Not even his öpening "Freedom" track.
Music's in such dynamic times these young cats better get used to having their shelf life cut short.
HMH wears off after a few listen. Glad is dropped.
In the end it's still the steak versus the sizzle.

Akon is no more than a hanger on. i'm glad the song has been pulled.
why Michael even wanted to collaborate with him is a mystery to me.

Akon is no more than a hanger on. i'm glad the song has been pulled.
why Michael even wanted to collaborate with him is a mystery to me.

I gotta agree. NE-YO would be a far safer bet if he wants to engage with the new up and coming. The melody's on his new album sound good, though I wish he or others wouldn't imitate his dance moves..

Do not get bothered by some wet behind the ears chic. Yes Akon is hot in the streets (so was Vanilla Ice) but he is not legend. Michael goes to a different beat and can not throw anything out like Akon. When Michael comes out, EVERYONE in the media is on watch unlike Akon whose appeal in only in the hip hop Urban community. And of course, Michael is a position that he does NOT have to prove nothing, unlike Akon. I am not going to diss Akon on the comment of this little fly by night commentor.

oh c'mon...The ex-king of pop needs Akon to make a hit!!

:hysterical:

yeah, right! :smilerolleyes:

Akon is so 2006, anyway. He should should work with with a classic like Lionel Richie (who's comeback has been successful) or McCartney (if he wants any parts of him).

Yes, that seems like a good idea. He should leave thease youngsters alone. In 30 years, people will be like, "Akon, who? Chris Brown, what? I like Black eyed peas over my rice, but I've never heard of the group :D)

The commentator said its been reported that mj moonwalked (lol) all over akons creativety. They were recording a song together and mj had the track pulled becuse he didnt like the outcome. Not sure if they are still working together or not.

But the that dumb bi*tch commentator gone say news flash mj akons hot in the streets and right now you're not so you might want to take the back seat on this exectutive thing.

does this lil skank know who shes talkin about? take the back seat to akon? lmmfao i almost choked

That is some lame ish. First of all, BET fell off years ago. No one takes that recycled trash of a channel seriously anymore. Like MTV, BET is owned by Viacom. Like MTV, BET lost its spark. they are trying so hard to be the next TV One Access show. They are pathetic.

The heifer that said that nonsense: if it is Melysa Ford, that dirty video chick who could have very well did the do with almost every male artist out there, that said that lame ass comment, she is the last person to talk. She made a "career" being smutty in music videos and she had the damn nerve to go after some MJ? Michael Jackson would get Janet after her and slap her senseless. MJ does not need none of these so called talents to help his career. He is a LEGEND! Akon is nothing more than a show that acts a fool and sings terrible songs. MJ will forever be HOT. He is not a flash in a pan artist and Akon is no where near creative. So, he has no creativity!

MJ is the effing King of Pop - no -eff that, King of Entertainment and he showed these cats how to put on a damn show. That heifer got the news wrong, but what do you expect from a second grade cable channel known as BET? I think they are still bitter that MJ passed on coming to their award show that is the only thing worth watching on that damn channel. All of their shows suck, even 106 and Park.

Crappy ass people. I cannot stand the ignorance of some folk. Man, I am glad that MJ is not working with Akon on anything. I do not care what any of y'all think, I think he leaked the damn song and put MJ out there. Yeah, I WENT THERE! I mean, this is the same dude... naw, let me stop, I am trippin' as it is.

Blah, and eff BET. Crappy channel.

Akon's a fvcking waste of time. MJ clearly came to his senses.

Word.

And do not get me started on Toure..... I would have afield day with that mofo.

Last edited:
HMH was a nice song and i'm glad mike pulled it because two men singing hold my hand did not sound right at all.

Still nice song good melody, but i have to agree with mike on this, and don't be surprised if more people have worked with mike start dissing him because he pulled plugs on their songs.

Yeh im kinda glad that its being pulled too... MJ can do better than that. It WASS a NICE song, but NOT good enough for mike IMO. And AKON jus got reality check on whos BOSS in the business.... nd that ladies nd gentlemen is onlyy michael jackson!! :) xxx

i do not think it was right of the host to throw her opion in .michael is always hot and will always have more fans then anybody,that song was hot because michael was on it. thanks for sharing this story.

Someone needs to remind that woman that Akon is no where near the talent that Michael is. Last time I checked, Akon was not the man who recorded the biggest selling album in music history...and last time I checked, people in the music industry sure as hell don't look up to him...they look up to Michael

I liked Hold My Hand, but I felt like it could have been better. Maybe just as an MJ song and no one else singing on it. Maybe that's what is wrong with the song.

HMH was a nice song and i'm glad mike pulled it because two men singing hold my hand did not sound right at all

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

You know, now that I think of it, it does!!:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I know they didn't mean it that way, but one could take it as them singing to each other!!!!:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Michael's a clever boy, linking his name to the 'IT' producer is a smart move for getting his name out there.
No harm done, they got two songs out of it.

Let's hope michael starts working with the old skool boys who i'm sure can still make a number one hit.

roll on the new album........sorry, i mean project lol

HMH was a nice song and i'm glad mike pulled it because two men singing hold my hand did not sound right at all.

Still nice song good melody, but i have to agree with mike on this, and don't be surprised if more people have worked with mike start dissing him because he pulled plugs on their songs.

oh commonnn guys need to bonddd..comonnnnn!:D:dancin::tease:

i agree with u guys BET has gone downhill. its sad/ and the lil t*at cudda kept her damn comment to herself.

roll on the new album........sorry, i mean project lol

thats right...PROJECT! he never said album....could be anything..:lol:

HMH was cool for an Akon song, but not hot enough for an MJ hit...so if it wasnt on Akon's album, thank God its not on Mike's either...

oh and can someone shut that girl with the non sense comment up??? :doh:

Well...............

asno.jpg

IDK.. whatever man. That report on BET was bleh, especially that damn comment from the girl. >_< I wouldn't worry so much about it.. they didn't say anything we didn't already know.. they just made stuff negative-er. :lol: I wouldn't be surprised if MJ is still working with Akon.. besides it's not our choice to say who he should work with at all. Just saying. LOL anyway..

U know iboz75

I've never thought of that till u wrote that..and u know what U HAVE A POINT!!!!! :toofunny: :toofunny:

Someone needs to remind that woman that Akon is no where near the talent that Michael is. Last time I checked, Akon was not the man who recorded the biggest selling album in music history...and last time I checked, people in the music industry sure as hell don't look up to him...they look up to Michael

I liked Hold My Hand, but I felt like it could have been better. Maybe just as an MJ song and no one else singing on it. Maybe that's what is wrong with the song.

:yes:. Akon wasn't even 10 when Michael dropped Thriller, and Akon's musical career didn't honestly take off until just four years ago. Anyone to suggest that MICHAEL JACKSON (who's been in the business for some 40 years) shouldn't maintain and enforce creative control while collaborating with such new acts is delusional... Michael is after timeless classics, not fresh today, stale tomorrow sounds--no doubt he'll make others WORK to ensure high quality output. That's their own problem if they can't live up to the pressures.

Regarding HMH, I tend to agree with you. The song doesn't need to be a duet and would (imo) sound more complete with just one artist singing it, thematically it's similar to Michael's "Whatever Happens". Still a shame that it won't be released because it was leaked.

It is a great song nonetheless
But it doesnt matter, cuz im sure mike will be bringing more bette tracks in the near future! :)

I think he pulled the plug after he read my comments in the other thread, lol. :bugeyed

Re: Akon being dissed by the king of pop?!

Who cares. If Akon is tripping because Michael told his ass how to do it, then he's got an ego problem, among other problems, lol. His butt needs to take a lesson, because Michael's a musical genius and he's just the flavor of the month. And last I heard, Akon's "hotness" is starting to dwindle, lol. Of course, that's only if that's all true. Which it probably isn't. I doubt Michael's working with even half the names that keep getting droped, or which keep dropping his name, lol.

Hopefully that is true because the choice of artists MJ is suppose to be working with are way below means or just average. His better off working by his self and at this point he should be doing so anyway.

Akon conducted an interview with Kiwibox.com this past week, where he spoke briefly of his collaborations with Michael. There was no hostility or anything at all, just that we all have to wait to see exactly what Michael wants to do and what will happen with his current collaborations, before he does more songs with him. Akon's response was edited with portions removed from the aired interview, but here's what was included:

Q: You also collaborated with Michael Jackson.

A: Absolutely.

Q: What's the fate of that collaboration?

A: We'll see what happens, before I step further in--more recordings with him, and doing more records for an upcoming album....[camera edit]...And we just gotta wait to see exactly what he wants to do.

Q: Who was on your dream list for a collaboration?

A: Well, that will be on the "King Collabo" album...[camera edit]...The whole album is just collaborations with people you'd never expect me to do collabos with. So, that'll answer your question when that record drops.

http://kiwibox.com/tv.php?vid=yR_n4rUYQNE

Back