Hot Toys teaser, 1/6 scale Beat-it Michael Jackson!

Kuzeh

Proud Member
So,
we know a Smooth Criminal figure is coming,
and now, seems like Beat-It will follow!!!
From their Facebook page:

40725_443327727343_58690437343_5701011_6799841_n.jpg

They are also teasing about 2 other figures from different lines,
people say it's Matrix Neo and Keaton Batman.

Oh whoa!!!! Totally didn't see that coming. How strange though that they already tease with another one, when they've yet to show Smooth Criminal, just hope SC is still coming though....damn.

The other pictures are meant for other figures, right?

Hahaha that caught me by surprise, nice finding, hope the SC figure have a normal (without the aow expression) face, hahahaha

good find, any more online opinions from the hot toy fan folks?

Nice to see the line continue. I just wish these things weren't so expensive. Last I checked the Billie Jean HIStory tour figure that HOT TOYS did was selling for close to one thousand dollars on the secondary market!

Are we sure the image isn't related to something else, i've seen similar images on tatoos and other non MJ stuff before.
I only ask since Smooth Criminal is the next doll, is it possible we will be getting 2?... so soon after the Bad figure.

One possible reason is it's possible Hot Toys want to get to Beat It before Playmates release their version, Playmates have 2 MJ's coming soon (Thriller/BJ), and another 2 after that Beat It is one of them, so perhaps Hot Toys plan on being more productive and get their figure out before the competition. Soon we will be drowning in mini MJ's! And huge bills! :- )

good find, any more online opinions from the hot toy fan folks?

Nothing yet...
they might make it official tomorrow, when Hot Toys newsletter comes out this week or the following week.

how do we know a smooth criminal figure is coming soon?

They teased about it last summer...
4802259828_3eb822aa3f_o.jpg

2010-2nd-half-new-license.jpg

SC was also teased in these Hot Toys pictures. But how soon it's coming is not known.

I think we might see the prototype before the holidays...

Nice to see the line continue. I just wish these things weren't so expensive. Last I checked the Billie Jean HIStory tour figure that HOT TOYS did was selling for close to one thousand dollars on the secondary market!

That's because very few figures were produced, I heard that about a 1000 was the edition size...
While the Thriller one I'm sure got an edition size closer to 10k.

Are we sure the image isn't related to something else, i've seen similar images on tatoos and other non MJ stuff before.

Yes, but it's from Hot Toys, so anything else wouldn't make sense...

I only ask since Smooth Criminal is the next doll, is it possible we will be getting 2?... so soon after the Bad figure.

Well, usually figures take between 4 to 6 months or more between the first prototype pics to the actual release date...
Which means they could preview Smooth Criminal soon and a few weeks later Beat-it and we wouldn't see the figures until late spring or early summer.

One possible reason is it's possible Hot Toys want to get to Beat It before Playmates release their version, Playmates have 2 MJ's coming soon (Thriller/BJ), and another 2 after that Beat It is one of them, so perhaps Hot Toys plan on being more productive and get their figure out before the competition. Soon we will be drowning in mini MJ's! And huge bills! :- )

This made me laugh a little... as nice as the Playmate figures are, they are NO WAY near Hot Toys quality or even target audience.
Playmates are for mass release, Hot Toys is more for higher-end collectors.

See what I mean?
(Pic: Michael Crawford)

review_mjbad_13.jpg

Nothing yet...
That's because very few figures were produced, I heard that about a 1000 was the edition size...
While the Thriller one I'm sure got an edition size closer to 10k.

How many of the BAD figures were produced? And would you agree that they are investments?

Last edited:
The jacket looks awesome!!
Seems like they're going after this expression...

0.jpg

Can't wait for better pics!

Holy crap, i didn't expect that. But i SO want to see Smooth Criminal, cause personally i amlooking more forward to that one. I really need a job next year. cause eventually i want the Bad one,the Beat it one and Smooth Criminal one. I already got Thriller.

As long as this doesn't mean SC is cancelled ....

Last edited:
It's obvious Hot Toys are superior to Playmates, I know I have Bad figure, but never underestimate the rivalry between companies. Hot Toys paid big money to license MJ's image, so they would be aiming to always have the best figures first.

Whatever their reason, I sure look forward to 2 dolls from hot toys, ps the head needs work :- ) or am i complaining too early?

bad news, the new Beat It Doll will be a limited edition, and as we all know the last Bad figure would cost a lot, so image how much a limited issue will be!
Since we have the Playmates doll coming, and of course in 84 we had a beat it doll, another Beat It Doll is good but...
I'm more looking forward to Smooth Criminal, the hat, the gun? the lean etc more to play with?

Judging by the picture, even if it's a low res pic, the face doesn't look that accurate, it can always change, but this could be one of their less impressive figures, could be.

bad news, the new Beat It Doll will be a limited edition, and as we all know the last Bad figure would cost a lot, so image how much a limited issue will be!
Since we have the Playmates doll coming, and of course in 84 we had a beat it doll, another Beat It Doll is good but...
I'm more looking forward to Smooth Criminal, the hat, the gun? the lean etc more to play with?

yea if they do a good job with Smooth Criminal, i might have to buy it. Imagine if the doll came with the car? dammmm

yea if they do a good job with Smooth Criminal, i might have to buy it. Imagine if the doll came with the car? dammmm

I seriously doubt that. Cause when the car is in that movie, Michael is wearing a completely different outfit. I bet it will be the SC video outfit and hopefully a mic stand or indeed a way to make him do the lean. :)

How many of the BAD figures were produced? And when will the Beat It doll be released?

I still haven't got a Bad doll yet! I've been waiting for more to go up on UK ebay but there's only one or two on there for £179+ ! I think I paid roughly around £135 for my Thriller doll so I'm going to wait and see if one comes up for around that price.
I'd love the Smooth Criminal doll too! I hope it does the lean... :)

The Beat It doll looks nice but it looks too similar to Thriller, so I don't think I'll bother with that one. I'll get the Beat It playmates doll though.. :) Currently waiting to get my hands on Billie Jean! My Mum bought it for my birthday and I haven't seen it yet! Just a few more days to wait! ;)

I really wanted to buy the Bad one , but it's too much right now. My wallet won't allow me, lol. Still unemployed, plenty of debts, not good, not good. So i gotta take it easy and well...find a job basically.

I really wanted to buy the Bad one , but it's too much right now. My wallet won't allow me, lol. Still unemployed, plenty of debts, not good, not good. So i gotta take it easy and well...find a job basically.

I am the same, I keep saying "gonna buy it, gonna buy it" but always find I need cash elsewhere. I am just going to play with my imaginary MJ figures................

I just bought the thriller figure for 139,- euros and that's with a second body and stand for display.
I think I'll let the beat it one slip and try to find just the beat it clothes.
It's the same era so I could aswell re-dress the thriller figure with the beat it clothing.

hot toys rules.they are the best.But this foto i saw from beat it i dont like it very much...maybe when it is on stores it will be better

Comparing Beat It to Bad and Thriller figures - they didn't pay too much attention to the details:
SDC10321.JPG
SDC10326.JPG

SAM_0373.JPG

Bad one is what I'd consider as a near perfection. I hope they'll rework it in some way. If I'm about to spend a lot of money on something, I need to at least like it ;)

Thanks for the pics lost child. I like thriller the best but they didn't quite get normal mike right.

Back