R&B music

I knew since before Christmas another great talent gonr :( , but could only get round to Thom tonight, Christmas shows were done in advance. I'm gonna do a whole show dedicated to Thom soon. Wow only discovered this thread thanks @zinniabooklover

I knew since before Christmas another great talent gonr :( ,
Tell me about it. Less than a week ago we lost Fred White of EWF.

ffs!

I get that people have to die but 67 and 79 are just ... I mean, in this day and age that's young. Too young.

but could only get round to Thom tonight,
You did him proud. It was great.

I only found out about Fred White Yesterday i'll mention him next week and Terry Hall too.
Tell me about a couisin of mine died last week only 53 ...its a strange time...but it is what it is unfortunately.

I only found out about Fred White Yesterday i'll mention him next week and Terry Hall too.
Tell me about a couisin of mine died last week only 53 ...its a strange time...but it is what it is unfortunately.
Yeah, I'm still gutted about Terry. I posted a couple of songs for Terry here and there and a few bits and bobs for Fred on the EWF thread. I'm that fed-up with all of it.

Btw, sean, did you see the tribute thread we did for Lamont Dozier? Let me find it, just in case you missed it. I know it's ages back by now.

I'm so sorry to hear that. It's definitely worse when it's one of your own. Our fave artists / bands / performers are part of our 'emotional' family, if I can put it like that. But real family is different.

Condolences. 🙁

James Ingram / I Don’t Have The Heart

4m 13s

Produced by Thom Bell

With a stage name like that people are going to talk but yes let them talk
I see. That's your entire response, is it?

Fabulous. I'm so stoked and I'm sure Little Willie John is, too, as he sings his heart out.

That said, thanks for the reminder. I was always meaning to post more of his stuff but got distracted. I'll get back on it. :ROFLMAO:

I see. That's your entire response, is it?

Fabulous. I'm so stoked and I'm sure Little Willie John is, too, as he sings his heart out.

That said, thanks for the reminder. I was always meaning to post more of his stuff but got distracted. I'll get back on it. :ROFLMAO:
I haven’t listened to it yet, so you’re implying I should? 😀

I haven’t listened to it yet, so you’re implying I should? 😀
Serious answer - no, I'm not expecting anyone to listen to it. I post stuff for myself. If other peeps listen, that's fine. If everyone ignores it, also fine.

But, I get that you are being jokey. :D

I was being serious about 'thanks for the reminder', though. I love this guy's voice and I def want to post another couple of songs. So I'll finish up by saying, yeah, you really should give it a go. In fact, I'll do you a deal. You listen to the first 20 seconds of Little Willie John and I will listen to a couple of minutes of Rava doing Little Susie (think I got that right, he did do LS, didn't he?).

Serious answer - no, I'm not expecting anyone to listen to it. I post stuff for myself. If other peeps listen, that's fine. If everyone ignores it, also fine.

But, I get that you are being jokey. :D

I was being serious about 'thanks for the reminder', though. I love this guy's voice and I def want to post another couple of songs. So I'll finish up by saying, yeah, you really should give it a go. In fact, I'll do you a deal. You listen to the first 20 seconds of Little Willie John and I will listen to a couple of minutes of Rava doing Little Susie (think I got that right, he did do LS, didn't he?).
Good deal!

Good deal!
f&m, so excited! Was on my way to look for ER's LS and found this:

Enrico Rava - 'Michael Jackson was a visionary' - Italian with English subtitles

I suppose, since you've been exploring Enrico Rava's MJ work, you might have seen this already. But it's new to me and I am so stoked. It's from 11 years ago and it's only 1m 42s but I love it to bits.

I need to post it somewhere else! Can't think where.

@zinniabooklover I did not see the interview but I LOVE it!
I see Jazz artists as "the elite" like classical musicians, they have so much technical ability and music knowledge and to have guys like Rava paying tribute to a pop artist it gets me all excited and proud.
I have only listened to his tribute once so far it once so far because that's what I do, I like the music to breath. Maybe I should make a separate thread for it because I have other tributes that I want to bring to attention but they're not all jazz.

@zinniabooklover I did not see the interview but I LOVE it!
I'm so pleased. I adore it and I adore Enrico.

I see Jazz artists as "the elite" like classical musicians, they have so much technical ability and music knowledge and to have guys like Rava paying tribute to a pop artist it gets me all excited and proud.
This is exactly my point. These are the type of genuine, heartfelt tributes I want Michael to have. I felt really proud, also.

I have only listened to his tribute once so far it once so far because that's what I do, I like the music to breath.
Yes!!! Totally agree!

Maybe I should make a separate thread for it because I have other tributes that I want to bring to attention but they're not all jazz.
That's a good idea.

@zinniabooklover
Ok so listened to little willy. What I like most about this style is the background vocalists. It always gets my attention. For example Ray Charles's I can't stop loving you but also MJ's one day in your life. I like these background vocals, they're very emotive and dense and they get me in a state of feeling safe or in a familiar place. I like the music but I never listened to an entire album like this because each song sounds the same.
Michael in this style would keep my attention of course lol

@zinniabooklover
Ok so listened to little willy. What I like most about this style is the background vocalists. It always gets my attention. For example Ray Charles's I can't stop loving you but also MJ's one day in your life. I like these background vocals, they're very emotive and dense and they get me in a state of feeling safe or in a familiar place. I like the music but I never listened to an entire album like this because each song sounds the same.
Michael in this style would keep my attention of course lol
I've said it before, I often feel like I prefer backing vocals over lead vocals.

Earth, Wind & Fire / Love Across the Wire

3m 34s

(written by Philip Bailey, Thom Bell & Maurice White)

Back