Oprah “I don’t want to be Michael Jackson.”

Well he did say that he thought he could top Thriller, so I'm sure he would have liked to

well u would expect that from fans lol. whats her reason not that we need to ask.

I know, but at the same time. Its still be a bit silly to rip someone for being obsessed with Michael and not stopping talking about him when thats exactly what we do.

I dont think she talks about him that much anyway. Its just that if you think about it logically, people only post things she says here when shes talking about Michael. So of course its going to sound to us like she doesnt shut up about him, because the only time we hear about her here is when shes talking about Michael.

billyworld99;3001534 said:
Oprah, who insists she cares more than anything about being true to her viewers. “My fear about ‘Will the people really follow me?’ — I’m past that,” says Oprah. This past summer, she says, she was reading a magazine article about Michael Jackson and was riveted by a quote from a former colleague of the late superstar. The friend said that after Jackson released Thriller in 1982 and it became the all-time best-selling album, he was paralyzed by the notion that he could never top that. “All the bells went off,” says Oprah. “This is why I lived in fear about this network. I kept thinking I have to repeat the 25-year phenomenon of the Oprah show.” She adds: “I don’t want to be Michael Jackson.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/oprah-opens-up-about-the-end-of-her-talk-show%E2%80%94and-the-birth-of-her-network-own/
Oprah must have a boring life. It's quite annoying that she insists on mentioning Michael every other day just to get attention. She never paid much attention to him when he was alive and going through difficult times.......so she definitely doesn't need to be talking about him now.

And it's not about her not wanting to be Michael Jackson; she WILL NEVER BE Michael Jackson.

When it said 'I dont want to be Michael Jackson'. It meant in the sense that she didnt want to have to carry on topping himself.

Not literally she doesnt want to be Michael Jackson. For one, shes not a singer. How could you all take it out of context like that?

I know, but at the same time. Its still be a bit silly to rip someone for being obsessed with Michael and not stopping talking about him when thats exactly what we do.

I dont think she talks about him that much anyway. Its just that if you think about it logically, people only post things she says here when shes talking about Michael. So of course its going to sound to us like she doesnt shut up about him, because the only time we hear about her here is when shes talking about Michael.

I agree but at the same time for someone who claims to really have a non chalant attitude about a man who she obvious has a fixed non changing view about and who strongly feels the need to always speak out negatively about, why mention Michael EVEN as an example? Im not saying that Oprah is forbidden to say Michael Jackson out her mouth :lol: becuse she is going to do watever she wants but it comes across as hella fake given that we know how she feels about him anyway.

I agree but at the same time for someone who claims to really have a non chalant attitude about a man who she obvious has a fixed non changing view about and who strongly feels the need to always speak out negatively about, why mention Michael EVEN as an example? Im not saying that Oprah is forbidden to say Michael Jackson out her mouth :lol: becuse she is going to do watever she wants but it comes across as hella fake given that we know how she feels about him anyway.

When has she said she didnt like Michael? Im actually asking, i'd like a quote or something because i've never come across it before.

I refuse to even watch Oprah anymore....I wont give her my ratings...I havent for some time now.

When it said 'I dont want to be Michael Jackson'. It meant in the sense that she didnt want to have to carry on topping himself.

Not literally she doesnt want to be Michael Jackson. For one, shes not a singer. How could you all take it out of context like that?
I know what she meant. She doesn't want to have that pressure of wanting to top her best work all the time. But still, her best work is nowhere near Michael's best work, and his drive to be better is what made Michael, Michael. So again, she will never be Michael.

JMie said:
wow, she is so obsessed with Michael. she can't stop talking about him.
Just like us.

Yes, just like us. With one major difference: we care about Michael.

Yawn. All anyone needs to do is make a soundbyte of Michael Jackson and immediatly it is huge news. All for a bit of publicity.

So.. What's so wrong about this again?

Just like us.

What is with you? Of course he would liked to have topped Thriller! Wo wouldnt!? Do you just wake up in a bad mood sometimes and look for one of my posts to start an arguement over?

Michael has said he's allways trying to top himself and he's a perfectionist. You think he was perfectly content with just having Thriller be the biggest selling album ever and he was never going to try and top that!? What else would he have to aim for?

I dont know his thoughts but I think its pretty obvious knowing Michael's nature that he would want to try and top Thriller.

So calm yourself down for once! :doh: Your like MJ's guard dog, ready to pounce at any second. Save your energy for when our really need to defend him.

Actually we do know his thoughts. He always wanted to be a pioneer and he even said " Sky's the limit, and to me that's really true." Of course even if Thriller wasn't enough evidence. What about This is it? MJ obviously wanted to set the bar even higher for his tours.

That's an odd comment for her to make. :mello: (Oh, other than forcing his name into it for more publicity) I say good riddance to her show.

yes, Ogar is obsessed with him. The hoe shouldn't even be speakin his name. Instead she needs to be doin her job workin her curb.

anyways, can't wait till her show ends. It was good when she was given away cars and whatnot but then the IRS got on her so she switched to just havin that Dr. Oz guy on her show and tlkin bout Mike...

Ogar will be known for...

1. Not knowin how to put her fork down.
2. Sittin on a couch.
3. Interrupting people when they are talking.

She need to go sit in her house with Steadman and do some taebo fo real...

Bet mike doest like her arse either. It not secret that Ogar finds him quite quilty so why talk about someone who u think is a peeeeeeeee?

I don't want that nasty bish to say his name.
Thriller won the sale rate against his other albums such as BAD and Dangerous surely because of the time it was released, first come first serve. Don't talk about 'off the wall' people were burning their disco records during it was released... Poor mike hahha.

yes, Ogar is obsessed with him. The hoe shouldn't even be speakin his name. Instead she needs to be doin her job workin her curb.

anyways, can't wait till her show ends. It was good when she was given away cars and whatnot but then the IRS got on her so she switched to just havin that Dr. Oz guy on her show and tlkin bout Mike...

Ogar will be known for...

1. Not knowin how to put her fork down.
2. Sittin on a couch.
3. Interrupting people when they are talking.

She need to go sit in her house with Steadman and do some taebo fo real...

Ohh one time bish got the nerve saying that " it hurts when people tell lies about you" somewhere along those lines and I laughed and laughed and laughed. Remember when we watched that Ogar thing during 2005 with the Presley hoes? ... Mayummmm *insert physical abuse right here". She keep steadman around to cover up her lesbian scandal IMO... Wehhwehh.

That reminds me of our skit... "you wouldn't want a black boy to play you would you Opah? No u wouldn't! You would want a Gorilla like yourself to play you" :bugeyed

I just watched the Oprah/JK Rowling interview where Oprah also spoke about this -- that she was ending her show because she knew she couldn't "top it" (Ms Rowling related with her ending of the Harry Potter series).

One of the many things I love about Michael is that he DIDN'T stop when he achieved massive success. He could have never started a solo career and would have already lived more than most people with his J5 success. And he could have retired a wealthy young man after Thriller, but a true artist could never rest on his laurels. I think we are all glad he didn't stop after Thriller, or Bad, or Dangerous!

I love and respect Michael's desire to create boundary-breaking, trend-setting work that also remained authentic to his soul and values. With all Oprah's talk about "authenticity" I would think she would understand that, but then again she isn't really an "Artist" in the same way, and I believe she is great at what she does but makes most of her decisions from a commercial rather than creative mindset.

Ohh one time bish got the nerve saying that " it hurts when people tell lies about you" somewhere along those lines and I laughed and laughed and laughed. Remember when we watched that Ogar thing during 2005 with the Presley hoes? ... Mayummmm *insert physical abuse right here". She keep steadman around to cover up her lesbian scandal IMO... Wehhwehh.

That reminds me of our skit... "you wouldn't want a black boy to play you would you Opah? No u wouldn't! You would want a Gorilla like yourself to play you" :bugeyed

lol her lesbian affair with her BFF Gayle teehee.

BA HA HA HA our skit "heehee why would you ask me that question? It's like me askin you...how much yo fatass weigh? :tease:

I cannot stand that woman.. Oprah makes me ill

'Ogar'??? Im sorry but thats terrible. Sounds nothing like Oprah hahaha

I still cant see whats wrong with this............she wasnt dissing MJ.

29gitcl.jpg

:lmao: Prince just has some of the best facial expressions to describe how we feel! :lol:

I still cant see whats wrong with this............she wasnt dissing MJ.

Mere mention of OPRAH'S name gets a rise out of MJ fans. All about OPRAH'S unforgivable behaviour after the allegations. From her deafening silence, to the cast of characters she brought on her show to take pot shots at MJ, while she sat there laughing and egging them on. Talking the likes of chris rock, jon stewart, priscilla and lisa marie pressley et al.

Back