Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here

Does anyone know info about the song “Too late to turn back now”? Mentioned in list of songs found on Michael’s wall and also mentioned in Joe Vogel’s book. Could possibly be a cover of a song by the Cornelius Brothers.
MJ wrote "vocals" under the song's title so it means that it's a song that he wanted to record while he was in London. This could possibly indicate that the song is just an instrumental (like most of the songs from MJ's final years).
28-songs-MJ-was-working-on-copy.jpg

I don't think there's anything that suggests that the song might be a cover.

MJ wrote "vocals" under the song's title so it means that it's a song that he wanted to record while he was in London. This could possibly indicate that the song is just an instrumental (like most of the songs from MJ's final years).

What joe Vogel said about it ?

Regardless of how everyone feels about mix #9, I’m almost positive this can be recreated using those multitracks. The hardest part will be discerning which ones are from the 1994 sessions and which ones are from 2010.
iirc, the 1994 sessions are the demo guitar and the strings. at least a part of those strings. the harmonica, other guitars, the accordion, and the extra strings are all 2010. The Mix 9 snippet is an example.

iirc, the 1994 sessions are the demo guitar and the strings. at least a part of those strings. the harmonica, other guitars, the accordion, and the extra strings are all 2010. The Mix 9 snippet is an example.
So that's exactly what we have in the multitrack then.
Two different protools sessions of Much Too Soon leaked, one with vocals, strings and guitar, and one with a re-recorded guitar track and I'm not sure what else, I don't remember too well.

But my guess is that the one with the guitar and strings is the original demo as MJ left it and the second one is the one they started to work on for the 2010 album.

But my guess is that the one with the guitar and strings is the original demo as MJ left it and the second one is the one they started to work on for the 2010 album.
I'm not sure if those were original tracks. iirc vox track has been muted where MJ isn't singing. That's something Bruce usually didn't do.

revisiting this list, realistically, do you guys think Michael would've completed these songs in the time frame he was giving himself?

Anyone got more info about this one? Taken from the MJ Tracker:
Most likely from the Addams Family movie. Was actually recorded in 1993. I think it leaked but I heard it at Brad's seminar. It's catchy and has a nice chorus. But never got finished because of the accusations in '93.

Family Thing would've been a good song to play during the credits while they showed outtakes and bloopers

Isn't that Family Thing? I think it had some different titles like "Family Values" and "Family Affairs"
From the description it seems that it is not. As far as I know it was always called either "Family Thing" or "Addam's Groove". The alternate titles come mostly from Wikipedia if I'm right.

Maybe the Estate can produce a medley out of some of the unfinished tracks. A bit like what the Beatles did on Abbey Road side B or what the Dutch did with the project “stars on 45” which turned out to be a massive hit in my country and Holland

Maybe the Estate can produce a medley out of some of the unfinished tracks. A bit like what the Beatles did on Abbey Road side B or what the Dutch did with the project “stars on 45” which turned out to be a massive hit in my country and Holland
Like Queen and "You Don't Fool Me".

You don't fool me isn't a medley of unfinished songs. Love that track though. Kinda amazing to me that they made a track like that out of a 2min recording of Freddie adlibbing. Brian's solo is killer as well.
Isn't it a hodge podge of different verses or is it all one session?

Isn't it a hodge podge of different verses or is it all one session?
It's possible Freddie recorded them on different days or something, I guess, but there was no actual song before Queen put it together after Freddie passed. The vocals are from post-innuendo and were among the last he recorded.

Last edited:
Just rediscovered Goin' Places, and it's giving me major What A Lovely Way To Go vibes. The whole production, the laughs and talking in the bg. I'm thinking it's gotta be from around '77 (the version on T40), before Off The Wall. Am I onto something here?

Last edited:
Just rediscovered Goin' Places, and it's giving me major What A Lovely Way To Go vibes. The whole production, the laughs and talking in the bg. I'm thinking it's gotta be from around '77 (the version on T40), before Off The Wall. Am I onto something here?
I'm 100% certain WALWTG was done around 1977. Mike's voice sounds like Destiny era. If I was to compare it any song it'd be Blues Away, which was the first song Mike wrote that was released.

Here's Michael basically confirming it himself

Last edited:
Is the Estate even in good with Brad Buxer? Is that why The Loser has been left to languish and get leaked? Because it's certainly better than most of what they picked for Michael.

I'm 100% certain WALWTG was done around 1977. Mike's voice sounds like Destiny era. If I was to compare it any song it'd be Blues Away, which was the song Mike wrote that was released.

Here's Michael basically confirming it himself

This is what I've been saying and when Michael was asked, he said majority of the songs mentioned were considered for OTW.

Back