Katherine Jackson to Produce MJ Movies

I have a feeling that some shady ppl are whispereing to mrs jackson on what to do, and it worries me alot.

I don't know how true this report is, but if there is any truth to it all I wanna know is, does Mrs. Jackson have her lawyer present when these kind of deals are being made? 'cause if she does'nt she could be walking straight into alot of legal and financial drama in the near future i.e that lawsuit from that Japanese company.

All in all, Im just feeling a bit uneasy about certain things being done since MJ passed and I keep asking myself this question, would Michael have approved????? If Katherine and Joe before had gone to MJ and said, 'we'd like to put out a belt with your kids signatures on it....' what do you think MJ's response would be?.....yup, hell no!

My thoughts, exactly. Only possibility I could think of his approving would be knowing that his parents were in dire need of money to keep their home, pay utility bills, etc. Even then, I just can't imagine it without seeking out other less exploitational options.

People also need to think about the brand name Michael Jackson. Keep in mind that Michael never believed in oversaturating the market with his name/image at any given time. If all these deals really are being made and go forward while estate produced ideas also go forward, that oversaturating is what is going to happen.

People also need to think about the brand name Michael Jackson. Keep in mind that Michael never believed in oversaturating the market with his name/image at any given time. If all these deals really are being made and go forward while estate produced ideas also go forward, that oversaturating is what is going to happen.
I agree, this is someone who loved to be mysterious and build up anticipation. Michael knew how to keep people wanting more. i can't stand when artist/celebs don't know how to take a break, how can you miss someone who never goes away? As a fan of michael's i personally wish eh'd never go away but i understand that not everyone feels that way and people do get tired of him. I just hope the estate doesn't get tacky like elvis' and they start making MJ toilet seat cover, lighters, MJ plate holders and etc.

This is a little off but I wish a fan worked for Sony or the Estate, people do not want constant re-releases. For example the this is it sondtrack should have had the versions of the songs from the movie not the originals, it's just like another greatest hits album with a few bonuses. They should try to release his tours and work with people on releasing the cartoons and the varitey show.How about a live album? In america i don't think moonwalker is on dvd and what about releasing captain eo and the making of. I know people will be interetsed in the making of alot of every MJ video. I knwo it's only been a year but these are the kinds of projects they should have in mind.

The home movies sound cool i'd love to see them if they are done respectfully and even if katherine is working with shady people i don't think she'd do anything to make her son look bad or to purposely harm anyone, she's always trying to protect her family.

Last edited:
this is not going to end well...maybe the material she has is very good,but with those ppl around it's never gonna be classy....now I don't want to pass for self righteous towards adult entertainment or what ever activity they are involved in,I couldn't care less,BUT having MJ associated with the same ppl he distanced himself from when he was alive seems like a smack in his face....and coming from his own mum makes me sick....
His name has been tarnished enough,time to protect him ffs

Totally agree! I'm sick of all these shady people who are still hanging around! I couldn't believe when I found out Katherine was associated with that pig for her book! Could not believe it.

But how much can she really make with these small time folks? Wouldn't more money be made if she hooked up with reputable folks? You're telling me she would rather sell her book through a wesbite instead of bookstores around the world?

I don't get the Jackson family, I really don't. They go to tabloids to sell their stories and so much more, I can't even keep up! I just pray someone is looking after Michael's legacy.

I agree, this is someone who loved to be mysterious and build up anticipation. Michael knew how to keep people wanting more. i can't stand when artist/celebs don't know how to take a break, how can you miss someone who never goes away? As a fan of michael's i personally wish eh'd never go away but i understand that not everyone feels that way and people do get tired of him. I just hope the estate doesn't get tacky like elvis' and they start making MJ toilet seat cover, lighters, MJ plate holders and etc.

This is a little off but I wish a fan worked for Sony or the Estate, people do not want constant re-releases. For example the this is it sondtrack should have had the versions of the songs from the movie not the originals, it's just like another greatest hits album with a few bonuses. They should try to release his tours and work with people on releasing the cartoons and the varitey show.How about a live album? In america i don't think moonwalker is on dvd and what about releasing captain eo and the making of. I know people will be interetsed in the making of alot of every MJ video. I knwo it's only been a year but these are the kinds of projects they should have in mind.

I agree with you guys,also when a tribute or a project turn out to be a failure or are associated with shady characters,fans start to be weary,just look at what happened with the tributes in Austria and Italy(and London)...after the ill-fated tribute in Austria,Italians (and Europeans)fans were not so keen to trust another one knowing that the previous were cancelled 2 times,in fact the Roman concert sold just 3000 tickets over a 80.000 stadium capacity....the fact that it was not official made a big difference not only for the reasons above,but because these projects need to be done by professionals,need great financial support,need to be marked all over the world and marketing has its costs,performers have their costs and so on...

As a fan I'd be willing to spend 100$ for a special project rather then spending 20$ at a time for small and badly produced ones that doesn't really benefit M's estate or worse,as you have explained perfectly,risk to overexpose M's name and not in a "over the top" kind of way just like he used to do.

Michael's family believe in the contrary last year has proven it. Nothing could stop them from giving interviews, appearing on award shows and singing SMILE for 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999th time. They don't get concept of ''less is more'' IF Katherine goes ahead she will not only give a great bunch of what she will illegally make to her creditors but they will oversaturate too. It's a great danger for Michael's estate and long time beneficieries his children. Katherine being a short time beneficiary only has total opposite interests than the children. For now the kids don't get anything and dont think much of it anyway but when they are adults everything will fall into it's place.

MJ's Mom: They're Takin' Every Penny You Make

7/2/2010 12:30 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Katherine and Joe Jackson are set to make a bundle off of their various Michael Jackson business ventures. But Katherine and her hubby haven't figured out ... someone is waiting in the wings to take away everything they make.

0701-katherine-howard-ex-01a.jpg

TMZ broke the story ... Katherine and Joe owe more than $13 million to a South Korean newspaper -- the Segye Times. The paper gave Joe, Katherine, and Jermaine a $5.5 million advance for a Jackson family concert series that never got off the ground. The newspaper sued in 1994, won a $4 mil judgment which has swelled with interest to more than $13 mil.

Edwin Bradley, a lawyer for the Segye Times tells TMZ, his client will go after anything Katherine and Joe make -- and that includes profits from Katherine's book, the movie projects she's producing with Howard Mann (pictured right) -- everything.

Ironically, Katherine's allowance from the MJ estate could be in jeopardy, since she's making money off of her son on the side. But the allowance could actually be protected from garnishment.

We're told the newspaper will go to court on September 14 to try and wrestle money earmarked for Katherine from the MJ trust. Sources tell us, however, there is a big fat zero in the trust now, because the estate is in debt.

Bottom line ... Whatever Katherine makes outside the estate will probably end up lining someone else's pocket.

I think that it's because the estate is not settled and they have to pay creditors, etc...

Yes me too. Note they say there is no money in the trust- the trust is the beneficiary. Until probate is passed the assets are not transferred to the beneficiary.

katherine and the children are still getting money monthly regardless of

what it's called.

How would they be getting money if the estate was in debt and why are fans taking tmz word as fact?

How would they be getting money if the estate was in debt and why are fans taking tmz word as fact?

I believe this topic has been discussed before and I'm not certain but Joe katherine and Jermaine still have a balance. If so, that Korean debt has most likely gotten a judgement on everything they own. But isn't there a statue of limitations on this? someone?

Sources tell us, however, there is a big fat zero in the trust now, because the estate is in debt.

I think that it's because the estate is not settled and they have to pay creditors, etc...

Yes me too. Note they say there is no money in the trust- the trust is the beneficiary. Until probate is passed the assets are not transferred to the beneficiary.

True. They need to pay all the debts first until they can put the money in the trust for the beneficiaries.

If so, that Korean debt has most likely gotten a judgement on everything they own. But isn't there a statue of limitations on this? someone?

Judgement is valid for 10 years however prior the expiration you can apply the court for an extension/renewal of another 10 years. Depending on the judgement type it can be renewed multiple times. So it looks like as long as they apply to renew the judgement they can still pursue the collection of the debt without statue of limitations.

legal mumbo jumbo

683.120. (a) The judgment creditor may renew a judgment by filing
an application for renewal of the judgment with the court in which
the judgment was entered.
(b) Except as otherwise provided in this article, the filing of
the application renews the judgment in the amount determined under
Section 683.150 and extends the period of enforceability of the
judgment as renewed for a period of 10 years from the date the
application is filed

(c) In the case of a money judgment payable in installments, for
the purposes of enforcement and of any later renewal, the amount of
the judgment as renewed shall be treated as a lump-sum money judgment
entered on the date the application is filed..

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=ccp&group=00001-01000&file=683.110-683.220

Frankly, I think this is papa Joe still doing his best to make a dollar. He recently
dropped his action for a monthly stipend and it is most likely because he has
made money through his recent activities. It is very clear who Michael wanted to
receive income from his estate; it is also clear that Joe is going around the estate
and the executors in anyway he can. He brought those shady characters back
in the picture and is using Katherine as the front person because she is a
sympathetic figure and we know how Michael felt about her.

This is just my opinion, but until and unless the estate sanctions these things,
I won't be contributing to Joe at all.

Frankly, I think this is papa Joe still doing his best to make a dollar. He recently
dropped his action for a monthly stipend and it is most likely because he has
made money through his recent activities. It is very clear who Michael wanted to
receive income from his estate; it is also clear that Joe is going around the estate
and the executors in anyway he can. He brought those shady characters back
in the picture and is using Katherine as the front person because she is a
sympathetic figure and we know how Michael felt about her.

This is just my opinion, but until and unless the estate sanctions these things,
I won't be contributing to Joe at all.
At the end of the day it's katherine's decision on what she wants to do not joe's or anyone else. People make katherine out to be so weak. Has anyone ever just thought maybe katherine and joe are more alike that it seems, after all they've been married for over 60 years.

Last edited:
At the end of the day it's katherine's decision on what she wants to do not joe's or anyone else. People make katheine out to be so weak. Has anyone every just thought maybe katherine and joe are more alike that it seems, after all they've been married for over 60 years.

I think Joe is a very convenient scapegoat for many in the family,Kate included.

I think Joe is a very convenient scapegoat for many in the family,Kate included.
agree
At the end of the day it's katherine's decision on what she wants to do not joe's or anyone else. People make katherine out to be so weak. Has anyone every just thought maybe katherine and joe are more alike that it seems, after all they've been married for over 60 years.

yup.

Back