Oprah “I don’t want to be Michael Jackson.”

billyworld99

Proud Member
Oprah, who insists she cares more than anything about being true to her viewers. “My fear about ‘Will the people really follow me?’ — I’m past that,” says Oprah. This past summer, she says, she was reading a magazine article about Michael Jackson and was riveted by a quote from a former colleague of the late superstar. The friend said that after Jackson released Thriller in 1982 and it became the all-time best-selling album, he was paralyzed by the notion that he could never top that. “All the bells went off,” says Oprah. “This is why I lived in fear about this network. I kept thinking I have to repeat the 25-year phenomenon of the Oprah show.” She adds: “I don’t want to be Michael Jackson.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/opra...r-talk-show—and-the-birth-of-her-network-own/

OPRAH, just go away already.!!! This interview is about her. So why bring up MICHEAL two minutes into the interview, when he was persona non grata for so many years.?

Anyone still watches her show, or cares about her NETWORK.???

OPRAH, just go away already.!!! This interview is about her. So why bring up MICHEAL two minutes into the interview, when he was persona non grata for so many years.?

She was bringing up the message someone left talking about Michael and how she relates that to her.

I dont see anything wrong with this tbh, we all know Michael would liked to have topped Thriller.

29gitcl.jpg

She was bringing up the message someone left talking about Michael and how she relates that to her.

I dont see anything wrong with this tbh, we all know Michael would liked to have topped Thriller.

Heard those rumors about MJ yrs ago. Pretty sure the big O heard them back then too. Heck she probably asked MJ about it during their blockbuster interview. OPRAH, the phony brings it up now, because she thinks it is safe to utter MJ'S name.

it was George Michael who said this not MJ friend....
anyway ! Oprah leave MJ alone or is it the Presely blood in ur azz force u to use MJ's name to promote urself by connecting ur name to his every possible time.

we all DON'T know Michael's thoughts. why do you speak for everybody? you only speak for yourself.

we don't know the extent of Michael's sales. but it would be nice if a person would not speak on behalf of other people.

Oprah, the so-called most powerful woman in the entertaiment business, feels the need to compare herself to Michael. She may not want to admit it, but she, herself, also sees Michael as the pinnacle in the entertainment world. Everybody, including Oprah, is chasing Michael.

More than once, she uses Michael to promote her show. IMO, Oprah is overrated, way overrated.

it's interesting. code speak..ain't it fun. an article says that it's not just about the money, yet it spends nearly ninety percent of the time talking about the money. indeed..codespeak. 'I'ts not about the money' means..it's about the money.

'i don't want to be Michael Jackson'...means i want to be Michael Jackson...since this and numerous other articles has celebs reading about Michael, while Michael wasn't reading about them.

haha...this magazine picks out the paragraph about Michael, and then talks about money. indeed, the gold standard is Michael and his success. so much envy. now Oprah gets advice from people fired from mtv. she hears that her overexposure is garnering less and less viewers. and she's taking advice from failures. and she thinks she's gunna work out with the same formula that is abandoning her now? lol. ok.

why is she getting advice from mtv rejects? lol. oh well.

it's great to note that the chief of viacom fired his underling. obviously, mtv is sinking.

it's also interesting that that bad habit continues..media calling all the people that associated with Michael 'friends' though he was backstabbed, much. that associate has no idea about what Michael thought, post thriller. and MJ's appearance on mtv with carson daly, showed a confident Michael, who said proud confident things about the number 1 album..Invincible.(which i'll be downloading for the 14th time)

if so many media, such as oprah, and fortune want to paint Michael as a failure, or say they don't want to be like him, or assume Michael was terrorized by the success of thriller, you gotta wonder why they all refer to him and read about him, and talk about him, and then claim to want to reach as many people as he did. the fact is they know Michael has the ultimate success. he made maximum profit from minimum exposure. he went out with a sellout 50 concerts at the 02, and the world demanding he come to them too, after him being out of sight for 12 years. you can't beat that. nobody can. they're all intimidated by Michael's success, and they're envious of it. that's why they keep referring to him. i never heard Michael say 'oh..i don't wanna be Oprah Winfrey'. or..'i don't wanna be Fortune Magazine.' they're not gunna reach that MJ pinnacle of success. but they want to. or they'd stop referring to MJ the way they do, and use those snide references on someone else, and highlight others making those snide references, on someone else the way that website and Fortune Magazine did so on Micnael.

Last edited:
excellent post 144,000.. I was wondering why in the hell was Oprah reading about MJ anyway

lol she has nothing to fear.... Oprah will Never be Michael Jackson... She cant keep the weight off and she aint as popular.

She's just a talk show host..............

What influence does she have on the Entertainment Business???????.........

it was George Michael who said this not MJ friend....
anyway ! Oprah leave MJ alone or is it the Presely blood in ur azz force u to use MJ's name to promote urself by connecting ur name to his every possible time.

:hysterical: LOVE IT! I remember when she tried to say she was Elvis cousin!

Oprah I can't wait until your show is FINALLY OVER! :D You are one of the biggest backstabbing people of them all! FAKE B*tch!-_-

Oprah is among the most obnoxious people in television today. She should just do us all a huge favour and drag her fat ass out of our sight. Her show has long since had its heyday and it's neither fascinating nor new anymore. It's turned into another celebrity-centered crap show. It barely ever brings attention to important issues anymore. I'm sick of her and I'm glad this will be her final season. I hope we never see her again--although that's too much to ask of her, I guess.

Finally, how dare she even mention his precious name with those unworthy lips of hers? They're good for naught but hypocrisy.

:eek: She did??...when?

It was when she was with LMP and her mommy I think on her show! lol She did this weird family history crap and said she was a distant really distant cousin or some crazy crap like that!

It was funny and desperate....cause I believe it hits back to slavery times when they could have been a link between their families and that ain't nothing to be proud of! :bugeyed You know what I mean?

ANYTHING FOR MONEY = Self Indulged~~~

Psalm 37

L.O.V.E Always

:angel:

wow, she is so obsessed with Michael. she can't stop talking about him.

Oprah has nothign to worry about, she is SO NOT like Michael...

She has become so fake the last years, yikes.

i think in a way michael topped thriller because he didn't get caught in that moment and he explore other things like videos, tours,song composition,etc while still making great music.his next albums didn't sell like Thriller but they are more mature and complex, full of meaning!

wow, she is so obsessed with Michael. she can't stop talking about him.

Just like us.

we all DON'T know Michael's thoughts. why do you speak for everybody? you only speak for yourself.

we don't know the extent of Michael's sales. but it would be nice if a person would not speak on behalf of other people.

What is with you? Of course he would liked to have topped Thriller! Wo wouldnt!? Do you just wake up in a bad mood sometimes and look for one of my posts to start an arguement over?

Michael has said he's allways trying to top himself and he's a perfectionist. You think he was perfectly content with just having Thriller be the biggest selling album ever and he was never going to try and top that!? What else would he have to aim for?

I dont know his thoughts but I think its pretty obvious knowing Michael's nature that he would want to try and top Thriller.

So calm yourself down for once! :doh: Your like MJ's guard dog, ready to pounce at any second. Save your energy for when our really need to defend him.

Back