Your least favorite songs that everyone else seems to love

I'm surprised to see so many mentions of One More Chance.

Okay, I know it's nothing groundbreaking or anything, but MJ's vocal delivery floors me everytime, especially the "if you see her.... tell her this from me-ee" line.

Listen to R Kelly's original demo on Youtube and compare it to MJ's far superior version and you'll see just how much he brings to this song.

Give In to Me...:no:

Thriller -without the video.

And I'm shocked so many of you dislike Butterflies! Lol. I listen to this during my nice quiet moments and reminisce about old boyfriends. LOL

Lastly, I know this is not a post about your favorite songs but I wish the DJs would play more "Can You Feel It" whenever they devote a segment to MJ songs...all they play is Thriller, Rock With You, Don't Stop Till..., and Wanna Be Starting Something >>>(love that song, though). "Can You Feel It" makes me jump up and down with my arms stretched out to the ceiling whenever they chant those words. Hahaaa. Like I'm in church or something. LOL But it's the best feeling in the word listening to that song blaring through the speakers.

Last edited:
He meant the song they sang together for the "This Is It" tours. The song is called "I Just Can't Stop Loving You".

Well, I figured that...I just couldn't figure out why she couldn't remember the name! :lol:

I've never really been absolutely crazy about a lot of the non-Teddy Riley songs on Dangerous like Give In To Me, Who Is It, Gone Too Soon, Heal The World, Will You Be There... they're just too kind of polished and grandoise for me, I think. I'm tempted to say 'trying too hard' or something to that effect. They just feel kind of nullified to me. They're the obvious ones as I know that there are an awful lot of big fans of Dangerous amongst the fan community. But they just don't really... do the trick, for me. There's something missing that just puts me off listening to them very often. Call me harsh, by all means.

Okay, I know it's nothing groundbreaking or anything, but MJ's vocal delivery floors me everytime, especially the "if you see her.... tell her this from me-ee" line.

Listen to R Kelly's original demo on Youtube and compare it to MJ's far superior version and you'll see just how much he brings to this song.

I 100% agree with this! :)

That line is amazing...for sure..he sounds incredible there...but the rest of the song just doesn't sound consistent for me....doesn't flow well...

DSTYGE (i hate this song now, can't stand it), TGIM, thriller, Heal the world (every none fan likes this song :scratch: ), YANA (same as HTW), Butterflies.

Thriller---the song is...corny to me, period. I don't even really love watching live performances of it, either.
Beat It---when he performs the song esp. singing live, that's when it comes alive, not when it's blasting from the original recording.
The Girl Is Mine---the song is corny.

I have a question which Era did most of you become fans? Im seeing some responses that I thought I would never see...someone mentioned DSTYGE, a lot of people mentioned Beat It, and one person even said Will You Be There...im like what!?????? those are like some of his best work...how can you hate Rock With You?? lol oh well people have their own opinions

I have a question which Era did most of you become fans? Im seeing some responses that I thought I would never see...someone mentioned DSTYGE, a lot of people mentioned Beat It, and one person even said Will You Be There...im like what!?????? those are like some of his best work...how can you hate Rock With You?? lol oh well people have their own opinions

iBecame a fan in the Invincible era lol. And iLove all those songs you mentioned except DSTYGE, iAlways skip over that one. :X

Just You Are Not Alone at the moment. I used to dislike other popular MJ songs - RWY/SOOML but I like them these days. YANA however has never growen on me at all and i doubt it will. The video doesn't help either, or the live performance at the 1995 awards (sorry to bring lip syncing in) but the lip syncing to that song looks ridiculous when he's barely doing any dancing (ex. one cool little bit when he goes up to the side of the stage and does a little jig.. hard to explain : P).

SYB (DTTG) maybe as another one. It just seems a bit long. I can handle the single edit.

I was one that mentioned DSTYGE.. I have been a fan since early 80's and love J5 and Jackson's as well as Michael's music so it's not a case of liking a certain era.. I just don't really like the high vocal in that song. *shrugs* I don't hate it obviously.. I like it, It's just one of my least faves that everyone loves. :D

weanna be starting something gives me shivers in the wrong way, LOL..
and then to imagine michael would have started the this is it shows with it, hahahaha...
It would have been a bummer for me (that,s a joke, it would also be okay with me when he had started the show by singing the mana mana song ....grin...'

I was one that mentioned DSTYGE.. I have been a fan since early 80's and love J5 and Jackson's as well as Michael's music so it's not a case of liking a certain era.. I just don't really like the high vocal in that song. *shrugs* I don't hate it obviously.. I like it, It's just one of my least faves that everyone loves. :D

iFeel the same way about the song. I've got to be going through a long playlist to listen to that song.

I guess I became a fan in the Bad era, but like Lorraine said I'm not sure that is why I do not particularly like Rock With You (I don't hate it, just my least fave) because I love most of Off The Wall and as far back as J5 but RWY just doesn't do it for me.

I was talking about this with another fan yesterday who suggested that it might have something to do with the fact that RWY is kind of overplayed? Not sure really.

How can one "hate" an MJ song?

True there are songs I don't hear very often, but when I hear them I like them a lot.

2000 watts and Privacy may be the songs I don't like very much, but I don't hate them.

Human Nature is the best song ever - live at rehearsals is the best!

At the moment,some of my least favourite songs would be I just can't stop loving you (althogh sung live I think it is amazing) and Heal the world (love the message of the song). :)

Bad, I have never listened to the entire song nor did I ever have it on my mp3. I just don't even think of it as if Mike never even sang it. I have other songs, but Bad is the biggest of them.

At the moment,some of my least favourite songs would be I just can't stop loving you (althogh sung live I think it is amazing) and Heal the world (love the message of the song). :)

iLike Heal the World but iAlso don't like IJCSLY, and iDon't like Speed Demon. Only songs iDon't really listen too in that album

iLike Heal the World but iAlso don't like IJCSLY, and iDon't like Speed Demon. Only songs iDon't really listen too in that album

Now I've seen your posts in different threads and why on earth do you make I little and then the next letter big and makes it in one word?

Do you copy iPhone, iTunes and think it's cool or what is it?

Thriller: I only like the beat during Prices rap.

IJCSLU: horrible, when it first came out I was about 11 years old and waiting for THE new Michael Jackson song and I hated it, and that version also had the whispering corny intro "I just wanna lay next to you for a while".
Luckily the Bad single + video came out shortly after that and made it all good.

One more chance: I don't really like anything that's written bij R-Kelly for Michael.

Hold my hand: Akon, said enough.

The way you make me feel: don't really hate it, but I always skip it (to speed demon, 'cause I do love that one LOL).

And I never listen to the BOTD album, I just don't like it as much as his other albums.

Back