Would You Move Out If Your Roommate Was Gay?

Just because MJ did not want to offend gay fans does not mean that he would be accepting of their lifestyle. (And MJ had many acquaintances but very few friends.) And, that is what people need to understand. Not being accepting of how a person lives does not mean that you are homophobic or closed minded. That really irritates me. For some people you have to be for or against. And if you are against it, you are automatically relegated to one of those people that want to march to have them crucified at the stake.

I know people around me at work who I don't associate with because I am not accepting of their lifestyle. That is whether they are gay, promiscuous, or too religious (if this can be understood). I don't have to bash them over the head with my opinions. I know what is right and wrong and people will make their own decisions how they want to live.

Now if a roommate of mine told me she was a lesbian, if I was in a dorm room, I wouldn't say automatically, "I have to get out of here". (I went to an art school so that would have been difficult). But if my roommate was not respecting of our space, no matter who it is, I would not want them as roommates.

And before you start, I am not calling all gays promiscuous. I am just pointing two separate lifestyles I do not agree with. (Actually I don't believe in sex before marriage, but that is a different story).

LOL. In one part of the story, darryl walked in on dave and Max kisisng, and Max said, "It's not what it looks like. We were just playing." :doh::lmao: Dave STILL lied and said, "We don't like each other that way." :doh: :lmao:

Just because MJ did not want to offend gay fans does not mean that he would be accepting of their lifestyle. (And MJ had many acquaintances but very few friends.) And, that is what people need to understand. Not being accepting of how a person lives does not mean that you are homophobic or closed minded. That really irritates me. For some people you have to be for or against. And if you are against it, you are automatically relegated to one of those people that want to march to have them crucified at the stake.

I know people around me at work who I don't associate with because I am not accepting of their lifestyle. That is whether they are gay, promiscuous, or too religious (if this can be understood). I don't have to bash them over the head with my opinions. I know what is right and wrong and people will make their own decisions how they want to live.

Now if a roommate of mine told me she was a lesbian, if I was in a dorm room, I wouldn't say automatically, "I have to get out of here". (I went to an art school so that would have been difficult). But if my roommate was not respecting of our space, no matter who it is, I would not want them as roommates.

And before you start, I am not calling all gays promiscuous. I am just pointing two separate lifestyles I do not agree with. (Actually I don't believe in sex before marriage, but that is a different story).

I don't understand the way you think. I never figured it was up to me to accept someone else's lifestyle or not. People are what they are, whether I accept it or not. So I could just as well get to know the people behind the lifestyle. A lifestyle does not define you as a person, it's not as if I have to live other people's lives when I talk to them, when I am kind to them, when I show interest in their opinions and lives. I don't see any threat or a problem whatsoever. It would be so nice if we all could just coexist in harmony, but the question posed in this thread's title and some of the answers given leave me not so hopeful for that to happen anytime soon.

I don't understand the way you think. I never figured it was up to me to accept someone else's lifestyle or not. People are what they are, whether I accept it or not. So I could just as well get to know the people behind the lifestyle. A lifestyle does not define you as a person, it's not as if I have to live other people's lives when I talk to them, when I am kind to them, when I show interest in their opinions and lives. I don't see any threat or a problem whatsoever. It would be so nice if we all could just coexist in harmony, but the question posed in this thread's title and some of the answers given leave me not so hopeful for that to happen anytime soon.
i think all he is saying is that it doesnt matter if youve got to separate rooms and if you dont get with someone dont be ignorant or rude :no:but just say hi or something :yes:

If he/she pays the rent, keeps the place clean and doesn't smell.........then I'm OK......

But if he tries anything with me (when he knows I'm straight)..........I'll introduce him to the knuckle brothers :angry: !!!!!!!!!!!

Violence is wrong unless he tries to force you plus youll just be creating another martyr.

I couldn't do it if he and his lover were sucking face in front of me all the time.

I've worked with gays at a job and all was good and professional.

yes you just got to be polite ;)but not if they come on to you and they know your straight :no:

Back