Would you like it if MJ used this style for his album?

It depends if it fits on the album.. You think he is going to use real instruments only?
Who are you asking, and why are you asking that? I'm confused; why would he only use real instruments? Not that I'd be totally against that. lol

Edit- Oh. Ok, never mind; you're referring to the original poster, and Saadiq's stuff. Ah. lol

yep..he can do whatever he wants..lol

he's the one that's the pro producer..lol

on the same token as some fans are considered thinking MJ would be looking, there are other fans who do give the impression that THEY think they are the producer, rather than just expressing their wishes..lol eg. 'more neo soul, less cowbell'
Who? Name names. lol Just kidding.

6914_will-ferrell-cowbell.gif
??

Last edited:
^^ Aw, thanks T-man :) Thinking about that Walken sketch makes me smile lol. Maybe that's part of why I like cowbell so much. But then I like hand claps too, so it's probably not just that... lol

Well, this is just a pic, but still... courtesy shipoffools from the cowbell thread. :)

more_cowbell.jpg

:lol:

^^ Aw, thanks T-man :) Thinking about that Walken sketch makes me smile lol. Maybe that's part of why I like cowbell so much. But then I like hand claps too, so it's probably not just that... lol

Well, this is just a pic, but still... courtesy shipoffools from the cowbell thread. :)

more_cowbell.jpg

:lol:

:lol: Yeah that's it! ^_^

Sounds good. But the main thing for me is that Michael has his own style, and doesn't copy from others. Michael is a pioneer, not a follower. I hope that will reflect in his new album, not that you can say: oh, he took that from someone elses sound.

I agree. Raphael reminds me of Sam Cook in those pictures. But he does sound good.

I'm from the Old School vibe and.he doesn't need to change his style unless there are certain vocalstyles that fits him.Like when he was trying to copy Teddy Pendergrass or Ronald Isley or Smokey or Sam Cooke or James Brown or Stevie Wonder or Barry White(there's line in You're Sweetness is My weakness where Barry's sings a part that Michael copied)The influnce with Michael is still endless He can do anything and make a song his.

yes that's the cowbell philosophy we're trying to avoid, Mike and i.

I love many songs on Dangerous, it's one of my favorite albums. But the New Jack sound didn't work for me. And there were many critics then saying: what's happening? Because New Jack was already kinda 'out' when Dangerous was released. Critics said Michael tried to follow a trend and that he never did that before. I agree with that partly.

The HIStory album had a more experimental feel again, just like the songs Morphine en Shout later on.

I hope this will happen on the new album. I'm really curious to hear it's sound and hopefully... melodies again.
he always experiments, so we'll always be counting on that (no matter what sound he's influenced by), though i'm a big fan of what he did with NJS and how he used Teddy Riley, and it was much more than following a trend.

Well I like this kind of music and it would suit Michael well... it seems to be something that many young new artists are really into. Then why now older artists too..in a way it would be like going back in time for Michael (he's lived the golden Motown era) but I think it would work.

Maybe one song in that style, maybe two. Indeed it is quite beautiful music but I'm not sure if it's energetic enough for Michael's style. Personally I would rather not an album full of songs like this... if my personal fantasies came true, Michael would try something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Fq0WhgzaY

Which is not totally beyond the realms of possibility, considering tracks like Childhood and Earth Song...

Back