Worst decade for music

I will say that some of the 80's music did kill me. Those cheap corny fluffy pop songs and that SAME beat that was in just about errrbodys songs. Ugh I hate hate hate hate that beat. But of course the good out weighted the bad.

Unfortunately metal destroyed future bands that could have been great like Led Zeppelin, AC/DC etc..instead we got a bunch of one off stupid wannebe metal outfits that along with glamorized rap in the 1990s played a huge role in destroying the artistry of music.

Yes, but you also got a lot of great bands like Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Tool, Opeth, Megadeth, Metallica, Dream Theater, and others. I would consider all of those bands I mentioned as having artistic value (not to mention that their music's great. :D )

Each of the decades have memories for different age group so thats impossible to answer
and me personally speaking I listen to all types of music some new and alot old, so therefore if I wasnt around for the eras i've deffo listened some of the great songs from them. So me personally I don't honestly think there has been one and never will be.

Most of the '00's music is highly forgettable.
If each decade is a song on an album, then the new millennium would be pure filler. Or an interlude. Probably produced by Timbaland.

I think that the actual decade is the worst....
and so many songs today have been inspired from the 80's period...the better music era is 1983-1993

The 1950s-1990s were great. I usually buy music from that time anyway. I always try to catch up on what I missed.

The '00s is beyond terrible. I was watching (please, do not even teased me for this) GMA (Good Morning America) this morning and saw Miley Cyrus on there and I just wanna scream. It was just terrible. Terrible. The rap music of today is just a joke. With the exception of Nas, Common, Kanye, Lupe, most of the rap music is garbage. Lil Wayne needs to just stopped being played on the radio. I haven't heard a good R&B group, male or female in years. Dru Hill - where are they now? Jagged Edge - what do they do? DC has broken up, Boyz II Men is on tour and they are not getting any radio play. It is just pathetic. The radio is desenstized with trash and I am surprised that Alicia Keys and Ne-Yo are even played on the radio. They are R&B right now. The radio is a joke. I listen to it for the talk because that is what is entertaining. The music is horrible and T-Pain along with Rihanna should be banned from the radio. If I have to hear "Take a Bow" or T-Pain's so called "singing voice" I am going to break my radio.

The 1950s-1990s were great.

I have to agree. Unfortunately. The vast majority of my downloads are songs from the 60s and 70s.

And I'm getting ready to step into the 50s and cop me some Jackie Wilson.

Thanks to my parents who only played Jackie, old Marvin Gaye, BB King, Bobby Blue Bland, Brooks Benton and Dinah Washington...

Thank god my grandmother loved Motown, Gladys, Aretha, James Brown or the 60s would have passed me by! LOL!

I will say that some of the 80's music did kill me. Those cheap corny fluffy pop songs and that SAME beat that was in just about errrbodys songs. Ugh I hate hate hate hate that beat. But of course the good out weighted the bad.

ooooh and the beat in this decade are all different and unique, you just can't remember them all ! OH THE VARIETY OF THE 00'S!!!

You know more that any stat, figure, percentage, or analogy I can give you to prove that this decade is the worse decade for music..

NEVER before in history has a large amount (to this extent) thought this decades music is the worse.. You go to a highschool and a good amount of people will agree

I enjoyed the decade as a whole, but the synth-craze everyone was on killed live performances. I love the Bad tour and I have a lot of Stevie concerts from the 80's on CD, and they just went crazy with the synth instruments. If the Bad Tour had all live-instruments with only a few non-synth electric instruments, it would have been even better.

It was the craze back then, but it has not aged well.

Last edited:
^it's that tat ...tat...tat...tat beat. you know what I can't even describe it but I can't stand that beat. It's on just good friends.:hysterical:
That beat kills me.

It's like it's hit on point at the same space of time. It's sound like someone took a drumstick and kept hitting an aluminum trash can top. I'm like Oh GOD make it stop:doh:

I can stand just good friends though. superstition you're right the music didn't age well.

all you would hear throughout the whole song was: tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat

who came up with that garbage of a beat:smilerolleyes:and why did everybody have to use it:doh:

The instruments in the 80s may not have aged well, but the music itself was wonderful. Every era has instruments that sound dated. The 60s could be argued to sound dated becuase of the acoustic guitar or the 70s with electirc guitar and other instruments you don't hear at all anymore. The instruments may sound dated, but the music is still amazing.

^it's that tat ...tat...tat...tat beat. you know what I can't even describe it but I can't stand that beat. It's on just good friends.:hysterical:
That beat kills me.

It's like it's hit on point at the same space of time. It's sound like someone took a drumstick and kept hitting an aluminum trash can top. I'm like Oh GOD make it stop:doh:

I can stand just good friends though. superstition you're right the music didn't age well.

all you would hear throughout the whole song was: tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat

who came up with that garbage of a beat:smilerolleyes:and why did everybody have to use it:doh:

and now all you can hear is EH! EH! EH! BREAKIT-BREAKIT-DOWN! EER EER EER ...

GOD TIMBALAND IS TOO IRRITATING TO BE DESCRIBED WITH WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed

The trouble is with Timbaland too me is that he's been producing tunes with the same basis all the time in particular with the latest of the tunes he's produced. All of them too me have the similar beat and drum type....
That's just my opinion lol
Although I still have a good boogie when i'm out with my mates and intoxicated lol :)

I don't know what timbo has out now. I been stopped listening to mainstream. Stop torturing yourselves. I listen to what someone posted on here about how he copies himself.lol madonna flo rida or something like that.

Not only does he bite other ppls music but he does it to himself as well. lol

Yes 4 minutes = elevator.

Timbaland's work with Missy Elliott, Aliyah Baby Girl and Nelly Furtado I respect. All after that is plain BORING.

(Oh well he's had crap even before that, like Bubba Sparxxx what the heck?!)

You know more that any stat, figure, percentage, or analogy I can give you to prove that this decade is the worse decade for music..

NEVER before in history has a large amount (to this extent) thought this decades music is the worse.. You go to a highschool and a good amount of people will agree

Damn right!

Back