World cup 2010 discussion. [merged]

How many yellow cards have there been? About 15??? Lol! Last time I counted at just after half time was about 8!

Aww man :( Well Spain was the better team this time. Congrats for the new champions.

And thanks South Africa for this tournament, well done! :clapping: :)

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllll de España!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAMPEONESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :clap::clap::clap: Buen trabajo chichos, buen trabajo. Gracias por la venganza del mundo latino :p I jumped so hard i almost sprained my ankle lol. So much for my heels tomorrow morn lol. But it don't matter, that beautiful goal and Spain´s victory is well worth any pain.

Queen's We are the champions rings soooo loud in my head right now. Off to see the ceremony. El Señor bendiga España. The whole country will be in fiesta, can´t wait to see the images :D:dancin:

SPAIN WON
e5000482.gif

they deserved to win, Holland should of had atleast 2 red cards before the extra time.

ONE NIL TO THE EURO AND NOW THE WORLD CHAMPIONS
e5000482.gif

bring on Euro 2012!!!!! :eek:

Spain won.. well I can't say I was for either one of them.. but it was a an exciting match although it had nothing to do with fair play and joga bonito but what the hell, those were European teams playing after all

Sad to see the Dutch lose, but they just f*cked up majorly throughout the game! :( HOWEVER, I'm happy to see a new team win so HUGE congrats to Spain! :D PAUL THE OCTOPUS WAS RIGHT AGAIN!!!!!

Congrats to Spain!

This game they were slightly better i think but not much.

Not to complain but i didnt like the arbiter much...i know Holland messed up at times but a lot of cards were uncalled for, especially the last ones and they shouldve flagged for 'buitenspel (sorry, dotn know the english word for it) right before the goal was made...

Nevertheless i was glad it didnt end up with penalties, that is never a fair ending in my opinion.

I didn't visit this thread in a while, congrats to Spain. I wanted Netherlands to win, because they never won a final and because Spain press said some nasty things about us, but I have to say I think referees in this World Cup were a shame. A lot of teams didn't make it because of them. I'm not saying Spain didn't deserve to win, because they do, but the free kick of Snejider that was supoosed to be corner and was goal kick, amazing, and there was a foul to a netherland player just before Spain goal I think, on the left of Spain's goal that was obviously foul because they didn't let him pass, blocked the way. The referee was so nervous because of the final, and he had an awful match. Again, Spain deserved it, but Netherlands deserved it too.
Maybe someone will say that Spain deserved it more, or the teams that qualified did it right, but let's face it this World Cup, in terms of referees because the rest was amazing, was a shame. ( remember England's goal against Germany or Argentina's goal against Mexico, that defined the wholes match)
Again, congrats to Spain, and Netherlands too.

This tournment have been poor and I don't care who wins. This must be the worst world cup ever!!!

Paul the Octopus predicts Spain to win.

OMG! :wild: The octopus hit again! :wild: And 2014 in Brazil!!!!!!!!! :clap: :D:dancin: :punk:

Congratulations Spain! :punk: :dancin:
:lol: That is so funny!
I bet all the Dutchies wanna kill that octopus now! LOOL!
Congratulations Spain! :D

Can't wait for 2014! X___X :punk:

CAMPEONESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :clap::clap::clap: Buen trabajo chichos, buen trabajo. Gracias por la venganza del mundo latino :p I jumped so hard i almost sprained my ankle lol. So much for my heels tomorrow morn lol. But it don't matter, that beautiful goal and Spain´s victory is well worth any pain.

Queen's We are the champions rings soooo loud in my head right now. Off to see the ceremony. El Señor bendiga España. The whole country will be in fiesta, can´t wait to see the images :D:dancin:

Gracias!!! :wink: Celebraremos un poco en tu nombre también por tu apoyo!!! Thanks a lot!

When I saw this I was like; aaaaawwwwwwww!!! :wub:

tumblr_l5f18j3Xp41qzvhq4o1_500.gif

Even though I was sad over Holland's loss, I couldn't help, but to smile when I saw this. :wub: I'm just glad to see a new team win the World Cup for the first time. Spain, you guys got a great goalie! :D

Glad to see Spain won!!:clapping::clapping::clapping:And again,the octopus was right!:D

Fabregas has been the difference. He changed the game and was the man of the match.

Xavi and Casillas were also good.

Fabregas has been the difference. He changed the game and was the man of the match.

Xavi and Casillas were also good.

You could very well be right. I gotta say Casillas was amazing with them two shots he blocked. It would have been unfair though for the Netherlands to score like that when Spain played such a beautiful, tactical game and dominated the entire 120 mins.

Glad to see Spain won!!:clapping::clapping::clapping:And again,the octopus was right!:D

That animal is bloody fantastic, as the Brits would say. It is a freaking legend hahaha. So funny to see nations fighting over it lol. Here´s the new Spanish flag

ept_sports_sow_experts-289140584-1278882678.jpg

found it here :D http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Paul-the-Oracle-Octopus-goes-eight-for-eight-is?urn=sow,255211

Gracias!!! :wink: Celebraremos un poco en tu nombre también por tu apoyo!!! Thanks a lot!

De todo corazón, créeme. Thanks so much for the very kind thought. I would´ve loved to be in Madrid right now and celebrate with all you lovely people, but i am there in my heart. Congrats again, you guys deserved it.

O/T - ur siggy rocksss so very, very much; can´t even put it in words how cool and sexay that is :p

holland should have concentrated on playing good football instead of trying to kick the crap out of the spanish players instead. although decent football games are runined by players who continuingly dive and cheat. why are footballers such softeys who roll about like they have been shot. its a shame some of them dont break their arms etc with all the dives they pull. would serve them right. its embarrassing

Last edited:
De todo corazón, créeme. Thanks so much for the very kind thought. I would´ve loved to be in Madrid right now and celebrate with all you lovely people, but i am there in my heart. Congrats again, you guys deserved it.
I know two girls who are au pairs in Madrid right now, they are so lucky to experience Spain's first world championship!

To be fair I thought that the referee was VERY lenient at times, Holland played really dirty, I'm surprised they didn't get red cards! They took justice into their own hands and relatiated after bad tackles and one of them physically kicked a Spanish player in the chest!! (And no he didn't get the ball nor have his eye on it!) That player should have been sent off!!

(Nevertheless, I wanted Holland to win, lol) but well done Spain and Mr Octopus!

i guess if it had been a group game there would have been more red cards. i guess he had to be lenient or it would have become ridiculous with holland having about 8 on the pitch!

Back