Will there be TV Coverage or a DVD of This Is It?

Would you buy the DVD?

• Yes

Votes: 205 98.6%
  • No

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters

LukeNo.1MJFan!

Proud Member
I was just wondering...

Does anyone know if This Is It will be on TV?! :)

Hope so :D

Last edited:
I would assume a DVD, especially as it is considered the norm now. Randy Phillips has hinted at the release but nothing is confirmed.

There should be voting option "Stop copying this stupid threads"

Last edited:
I've said before that I think there will be a 3D movie which basically is a concert documentary, so concert footage intercut with backstage stuff (rehearsals etc). And then there will be a DVD of the movie.

^

I believe it was a dig at this being a duplicate thread discussing dvd or televised concerts from the This Is It Tour. I could be wrong though ;)

A DVD release is almost certain.

For one, they have the bennefit of being at the same place for 50 shows. There will likely be costume changes. This means that they can splice together stuff from multiple shows, getting the best take(s) from each song and get a truly great concert put together. Is there a weak spot in Dirty Diana, or a bad note in Billie Jean? Use one of the other 50 shows.

With the money they are spending on these shows, it would make no sense at all to not do a DVD. There could be special features, like the making of, interviews with Kenny Ortega, Randy Phillips, set designers, engineers, etc. Dance auditions, rehearsals, the This Is It press conference... who knows what else.

Yeah, we'll be seeing a DVD, mark my words.

I've been thinking about this and, perhaps, we'll see a DVD release like that of The Rolling Stones who release all their tours in 4DVD boxsets featuring a number of shows from the tours with lots of special features.

This way, if the rumour if different setlists at each show turns out to be true, many shows could be captured and would leave more room for special features.

I think this may be what happens.

Maybe it doesn't have to do with this particular subject, but... maybe we'll see some pro shot footage from the opening night on TV or something:)

I mean there are millions of themes about DVD and TV broadcasting. And this threads are absolutely useless. Is it so hard to understand that nobody knows it?

I posted this because maybe somebody DOES KNOW SOMETHING!

Bluray of THIS IS IT! is almost guaranteed!!

Just be amazing to see, to relive the exp, i can see ps3's flying off the shelf when this comes out!

Terry

I can see an MTV special but not a whole concert on TV,and u know Sony will blu-ray MJ, Yes!

I definitely buy this! LOL at only one person said no, I knew that would happen.

naive? :bugeyed I'm 12 of course i'm naive! lol :D

Ah ok then :)
Sorry for being a little bit argessive, I just got awful mood... because of some problems in family =(

Well, speaking of DVD... I don't think we will see it soon. For certain Michael is already planning to take This Is It concerts out of London and we probably will see more than 50 shows during this 3 years. So I think only after them there will be a DVD. But if it was sooner... It would be great! :D

I've said it on many occasions now:

There is a DVD set for release. Filming for the DVD will take place throughout July.

Sony BMG.

I hope soooooo :)

And woop woop to the Blu - Ray

I dont care about duplicate topics/posts at the moment I just want to talk about it all the time :D

philips mentioned a live album aswell in an interview

Back