Will the Bad Wembley concert surpass the popularity of Dangerous in Bucharest?

The majority of the people who bought Bucharest aren't hardcore fans who researched it, they are people passing by it in the store who like Michaels music and just picked it up. The people on the MJ forums are a very small portion of the massive fanbase. To anyone else walking in a store that sees Michael Jackson Live Bad Tour Wembley on DVD, hell yeah they are going to get it. The product itself has such huge appeal. Maybe after they buy it they might be a bit dissapointed by the quality but the performance and audio is going to be incredible! The Bucharest show isn't of great quality, the HIStory on Film DVD is bad quality, Dangerous Short Films DVD is bad quality, Vision was bad video quality, that didn't stop those from selling tons and tons of copies. It's all about the music and the performance. It's going to be better to have great audio than great video for a concert like this.

Bad Tour Wembley appeals to a larger group than Bucharest did, at least in the US there are lots of people who only like MJ up until Bad. This Munich 97 show people are talking about, I think it airs on TV alot in Europe but I have yet to see it air in the US. However I do see the 30th anniversary concert air pretty frequently. The TV concerts should not be compared to physical product that is being sold though. Unless you are talking about when Bucharest first aired on HBO.

The product itself has such huge appeal. Maybe after they buy it they might be a bit dissapointed by the quality but the performance and audio is going to be incredible! The Bucharest show isn't of great quality, the HIStory on Film DVD is bad quality, Dangerous Short Films DVD is bad quality, Vision was bad video quality, that didn't stop those from selling tons and tons of copies.

But the Bad concert won't be anywhere near the quality of Bucharest, right? At least it's not expected to be.
And yes, the general public might be willing to just buy the DVD but what happens if the quality is so bad that the release will only be receiving negative feedback from the beginning? This could result in a snow ball effect, just like with "Michael".

I guess what i meant by popularity is 'most watched'. In time to come will more people have watched the Bad Wembley concert then the Dangerous in Bucharest concert i guess is what im asking.
If Wembley is never shown on TV, then there is no chance of that happening. Bucharest has been on TV so much already.

Well as of now, the Wembley DVD's audio just proved itself to be better than the Bucharest DVD and lots of other live concert DVDs from other artists too which will attract alot of attention, and from just watching Another Part Of Me, its also safe to say the performance is already better than anything ever seen, its gonna be epic.

I don't know. I hope it does well. Maybe Bad 25 will make new fans as well.

Now I've seen the quality of APOM I do absolutemy think BAD will be more popular than Dangerous Bucharest!!

Quality is GREAT!!

BAD will surpass no doubt!

Let's be fair,people who purchase concert dvds are either fans, interested (potential fans) or ones who have actually been to the concert and want some sort of memory to take away with them... Bad is Michael's second largest selling album and his tour was certainly popular of it's time and popular today. Whilst Dangerous Bucharest had a lot more promotional and televised input, BAD is a legendary tour that people, the public, will recognize as a concert that hasn't been released for a long time and has in fact a lot of potential to buy into. Dangerous tour has been Mj's only official concert dvd that has been out for many years and (hate to say it) but was also present for MJ's death sales increase.

Who knows though! I hope Bad25 does well. The Young & The old all have the opportunity to buy into it for their days in the 80's,90's and now the naughties.

I reeaally hope the estate finds the film reels and re-release it later on! The APOM performance just blew me away! Imagine wathcing that performance on blu-ray with that kind of audio. I would collapse thats forsure. All in all cant wait for the DVD! Im so pumped :D

For me personally it will, don't get me wrong I like the Bucharest DVD but I've seen it too many times and for me Bad Tour is Michael's best Tour been waiting for years to see the Wembley concert and now I will be able to :)

Judging by the sheer quality of this performance I think, in time, it could top Bucharest. A few things that swing in favour of Wembley selling alot of copies are the fact that Spike Lee's documentary will air over Christmas and possibley Wembley will air on bbc. I think the documentary could bring a lot of fans back to MJ, especially in America. Another thing that's great about Wembley is that it's coming straight out on dvd, whereas Bucharest wasn't offically released for ten years, and then only as part of The Ultimate Collection. This will definitely be the definitive live Michael Jackson concert dvd to own but it may take a few years. Visual quality aside, I don't think anyone would argue against it being one of his greatest ever live performances. Just looking at APOM and HN they combine outstanding live vocals and dancing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hold Bucharest very close to my heart because that was the first time I have seen an MJ concert on TV. I have never been to an MJ concert so it was great to see an MJ concert on TV and it blew me away. I recorded it and I watched it all over and over again. And I will never forget that when I showed it to my granny she too was very impressed and actually she cried at the end! And she knows virtually nothing about Michael, just that I am a fan of this guy! That's the power of an MJ concert - even through TV.

However, Bad Tour is even more magical IMO. I was a small child when I went to Vienna with my family and I saw all the MJ posters around the city, advertising the Bad Tour concert that was upcoming. I was already a fan and I so desired to be there but we didn't have the money. So to see Michael on Bad Tour is a childhood dream come true to me. And from the parts I have already seen I think this is his peak as a live performer. And the APOM and HN that we saw from the DVD already totally lives up to the hype and totally lives up to my expectations.

I really think it has a good chance of outdoing Bucharest in time.

What I don't know is: how will the sales count?

Obviously the single DVD alone will count in the sales of the DVD but not in the sales of the Bad 25 album. What about the boxset that contains both the CDs and the DVD? Will it count in the sales of the album or the DVD?

Back