Why was/is everybody dissing Michael for "bleaching his skin", but nobody is dissing Nicki Minaj for

Re: Why was/is everybody dissing Michael for "bleaching his skin", but nobody is dissing Nicki Minaj

He had vitiligo [FONT=arial, sans-serif]f[/FONT] but didn't he mention how he wanted his skin lighter and about bleaching to cover up the patches ?
no. Where in the world did that come from??
He said they used makeup to even it out.

Re: Why was/is everybody dissing Michael for "bleaching his skin", but nobody is dissing Nicki Minaj

no. Where in the world did that come from??
He said they used makeup to even it out.

He used makeup every time he was out in the public ?? to this day i never knew exactly what had happened other than the fact that he had vitiligo which he mentions like once in his whole career, during the Oprah interview.

He also talks about it with Bash*t in Living with Michael Jackson. The Vitiligo Fact File & Discussion thread in The Legacy Project on this site has alot of information.

"The autopsy shows that he actually did bleach it, all over and regularly." quoted by a fellow fan...

Nicki Minaj does everything to go with the time, and actually noone cares about her skincolour anymore. When Michaels skincolour changes because of his vitiligo that was kind of totally new to the world and caused a lot of attention.

I guess it's because Michael's skin colour change was kind of sudden, also because he was eccentric?

It kinda reminds me of when R.kelly was given a pass on molesting and pissing on teenage girls on tape whereas Michael was raked through hot coals for merely being accused of molesting boys with no proof and even before the trial!

I don't even bother to listen to this BS :no:

"The autopsy shows that he actually did bleach it, all over and regularly." quoted by a fellow fan...

The autopsy does not make statements about bleaching. Maybe you should read the actual autopsy...

Well the police did state they found 20 tubes of bleaching cream, so yes he had vitiligo and yes he was bleaching his skin.

Well the police did state they found 20 tubes of bleaching cream, so yes he had vitiligo and yes he was bleaching his skin.

I do think he bleached to even out the vitiligo patches but it's simply not true that his autopsy says anything about bleaching, let alone "all over and regularly". Why do fans make up such things?

These are the statments his autopsy makes of his skin:

Page 6: "The decendent's overall skin has patches of light and dark pigmented areas."

Page 17: "There is focal depigmentation of the skin, particularly over the anterior chest and abdomen, face and arms."

And on page 14 it states he had vitiligo.

Thank you. I didn't respond right away because I'm on a phone and I have the autopsy report saved on a disc.
I had never planned to pull it up and read it but the day it was released DD was on TV waving it around and claiming it proved Michael was a raving drug addict. So I decided to read it myself.

I finally got to look at it again last night and respect77 is absolutely correct.
It actually mentions vitiligo more than once.

The 2 creams are benoquin and hydroquinne, both used for widespread vitiligo. This is when it's all over your whole body, there are way more white splotches than dark and this is what he meant by trying to control it.

I guess it's a matter of semantics if you want to call it bleaching but that denotes a desire to become lighter which Michael never did.

And yes, I doubt he ever went out in public without makeup. Dark in the victory days and lighter as the vitiligo got worse in the dangerous days.

Last edited:

If the biggest superstar went outside looking literally like a cow, especially given how nervous/self conscious he was anyway what would that have done to him? We all do things to make ourselves look more presentable to help with insecurities, Michael was no different. He had no control over a medical condition, so he evened it out so it wouldn't look so bizarre. Some people are questionable in their support of Michael. Utter nonsense.

Even Arnold Klein explained on Larry King Michael as a treatment for the disease used benoquin and hydroquin to EVEN OUT the original color pigment that tried to come back and looking such pictures like these ones, I don't blame him at all and I understand why since there are assholes who have called him spotted cow or Dalmatian.

gallery_6771_42_11694.jpg

20140727-195933-71973695.jpg

I think some people don't make it clear that any skin bleaching cream that was discovered in his possession was strictly for the vitiligo and nothing else. It's important that the distinction is made that any skin bleaching he did was because he had vitiligo, not because he wanted to be white like the media and general public have believed for many years and still continue to believe now.

Two words:

Michael. Jackson.

Some information on Benoquin and its side effects.

"Information for the Patient

Benoquin Cream 20% contains a potent depigmenting agent and is not a cosmetic skin bleach. Use of Benoquin Cream 20% is contraindicated in any conditions other than disseminated vitiligo. Use only for final depigmentation in extensive vitiligo. Areas of normal skin distant to the site of Benoquin Cream 20% application may become depigmented, and irregular, excessive, unsightly, and frequently permanent depigmentation may occur."

http://www.drugs.com/pro/benoquin.html

"Depigmentation

When therapies for repigmentation have failed and/or the vitiligo has become extensive (generally over 50% coverage), some opt for depigmentation of the remaining 'normal' pigment. Monobenzyl ether of hydroquinone, commonly called monobenzone or mono, is used to kill the remaining pigment cells, leaving the entire body fair. Like treatments for repigmentation, use of monobenzone requires patience and consistency. The process can take up to 2 years to complete, though some are done sooner depending on the initial amount of remaining pigmentation and the strength of the medication used. This medication is only available in compounding pharmacies, and can be ordered in a 20%, 30% or 40% strength. Typically, people start with a lower percentage and work up to stronger levels as their skin adjusts to the monobenzone. Potential side effects are dry skin, itching, or a rash. Because of the possibility of these side effects, it is not recommended to use monobenzone on the face. This medication has a systemic effect, so even areas where it is not applied will still depigment. Since no pigment will be left in the skin, people who have depigmented must be very cautious about sun exposure due to the risk of burning. According to doctors, however, since the melanocytes are gone, there is very little risk of melanoma, which is a dangerous cancer of the melanocytes."

http://www.vitiligosupport.org/treatments_and_research/depigmentation.cfm

Michael did not turn "light" suddenly. It was a more gradual process (as stated in the articles above, click on links) and no doubt a hard and very personal choice for him to make. Depigmentation, as mentioned by others, does not leave the skin an even tone, but leave splotches which are then lightened to match the depigmented areas.

Back