"Why I Regret Turning Down A Date with Michael Jackson", by Katie Couric ! June 1st, 2013

MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
Where Michael IS..Is where you will find Me <3
Country
Canada
560097_10150835606867312_86958536_n.jpg

My Secret dates with Bob Saget and Jeff Probst and why I regret turning down Michael Jackson, by Katie Couric..
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER PUBLISHED: 15:30 GMT, 30 May 2013 | UPDATED: 09:14 GMT, 31 May 2013

article-0-1A11C7C9000005DC-130_306x709.jpg

Katie Couric has opened up the pages of her rather eclectic little black book.

The TV journalist and talk show host, 56, has revealed she went on first dates with Full House star Bob Saget and Survivor host Jeff Probst - but neither ever called her again.

In an interview with Howard Stern on his SiriusXM radio show on Wednesday, Couric she also revealed she once turned down a date with Michael Jackson - a move she now regrets.

Katie, who has two Caroline, 17, and Ellie, 21, with her late husband Jay Monahan, is now in year-long romance with NYC financier John Molner.

article-0-1A11C77E000005DC-37_306x423.jpg
article-0-1A11C7F9000005DC-798_306x423.jpg

Not interested: She went on first dates with Bob Saget and Jeff Probst, but neither called her for a second catch-up

Recalling her night out with comedian and actor Saget, she described him as 'really fun' but it seems he didn't feel the spark.
'I don't think I did it for him,' she admitted. While he didn't call her for a second date, Couric assured Stern 'that's alright.'
She continued: 'I went out with Jeff Probst once too. I think he had puka shells on -- that was kind of a weird thing.'
Probst, 51, who has hosted the hit reality show Survivor since 2000, also didn't follow up for another date.

While Stern was shocked the men didn't pursue her, Katie made it clear there were no tears on her pillow as a result.
'I can't say that I was devastated that neither called me back,' she said..

'I thought they were both nice guys... I don't think there was real magic there with either [of them], but I enjoyed spending time with them.'

She added: 'I think women need to be much more open-minded.'

She also spoke about how Michael Jackson tried to organise a dinner date through his friend and spiritual advisor, Rabbi Shmuley Boteach about 12 years ago.

'[Boteach] called me in my office at the Today show,' she said.

e53b901ba350e6ba28f4cc6.jpg

Regret: She turned down a dinner offer from Micahel Jackson, but now wishes she had accepted the offer!

'[He said] "Katie, I have a question for you, are you seeing anyone?" And I thought, this is so beyond creepy that Rabbi Shmuley is hitting on me. I'm like "Rabbi Shmuley, you have like nine kids, what's going on here?" I said "Actually, I am [seeing someone]." Because I had a boyfriend at the time.'

She continued: 'He said, "Oh, that's a shame . . . Michael [Jackson] said to me 'That's the kind of girl I would like to go out with . . .' and I said, "Rabbi Shmuley, that's very flattering but I am seeing someone . . . will you tell him how flattered I am and what a nice compliment that is?"'

'Not to be too psychoanalytical about it, but I think he was looking for a little normalcy possibly, and maybe he saw me as kind of a normal person,' she said.

She now wishes she'd accepted the offer.

'I do regret not having dinner with him,' she admits. 'That would have been insane -- breaking bread with Michael Jackson!'

In February, Katie famously recalled her horrible date with Larry King 25 years ago, revealing the talk show legend 'lunged at her back at his place'. They didn't go out again but remain 'friends'.

article-0-1A11C7EF000005DC-321_634x866.jpg

Current romance: Katie is dating NYC financier John Molner, pictured here together at the Met Gala earlier this month.

article-2333405-1A11DD5C000005DC-157_306x423.jpg

Late husband: Jay Monahan, pictured here with Katie in 1995, passed away in 1998 of colon cancer

Katie's husband Jay passed away in 1998 of colon cancer when their children were only six and two.

In the February issue of America's More, she revealed she'd always hoped to marry again and find a father figure for for her girls.
She said: 'I really did love my husband a lot, but after Jay died, I always thought I’d end up like Florence Henderson on The Brady Brunch.

'It’s actually surprising to me that it has been almost 15 years, and I haven’t remarried.'

She continued: 'I think life is more fun when you have someone in your life. And I always wanted to find a father figure for my daughters, but it hasn’t worked out that way. I’ve had long-term relationships, but they haven’t turned into lifelong partners.”
Katie admitted dating becomes more difficult with age.

She said: 'When you get to my age, everyone is a little bit wounded. So I think it’s important to handle people with care – not to think, "Oh, what a terrible date," but just, "This person isn’t for me." Everyone has a lot of baggage. It’s just, can you fit it into the overhead bin?'

The Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...--I-turned-Michael-Jackson.html#ixzz2UqalxOM4

I am sorry if this was already Posted somewhere else ! I did a search and I didn't see this anywhere !​

Re: "Why I Regret Turning Down A Date with Michael Jackson", by Katie Couric ! June 1st, 2013

Nice story, and yes she's a fool for turning down a date.
It would have been nice for Michael, but I am sure she would have enjoyed it herself as well! :)

Re: "Why I Regret Turning Down A Date with Michael Jackson", by Katie Couric ! June 1st, 2013

to bad she missed out on a good thing. Michael would have rocked her world. more ways than one.lol.

Poor lady :better:
Bet shes kicking herself now

'[He said] "Katie, i have a question for you, are you seeing anyone?" and I thought, this is so beyond creepy that Rabbi Shmuley is hitting on me. I'm like "Rabbi Shmuley, you have like nine kids, what's going on here?"​

That's hilarious :D

I don't think Michael was interested in her. I think it was just the Rabbi trying to hook him up with someone.

How many times is she going to bring this up? :doh:

How many times is she going to bring this up? :doh:

I would say she will keep on bringing it up forever! Too bad, Katy, you missed out--

Also I don't like what she said here about how INSANE it would be to break bread with MJ. Why insane??

I would say she will keep on bringing it up forever! Too bad, Katy, you missed out--

Also I don't like what she said here about how INSANE it would be to break bread with MJ. Why insane??

I use that term from time to time...Meaning it'd be crazy awesome to break bread with MJ....and she'd be right :D

I know some are tired of hearing this story, but hey it's just more prove that Michael wasn't gay and was attracted to WOMAN. I'm not a big Katie fan, but I don't mind her repeating this story over and over. It's better than hearing people call Michael gay and accusing him of molesting boys over and over.

Her loss. I really think that if people took the chance to have talked to and meet Michael that they would have liked him. I think a lot of people missed their chance to get to know Michael for whatever reason. The ones that took the chance I bet feel very lucky and appreciative that they did.

About this: [He said] "Katie, I have a question for you, are you seeing anyone?" And I thought, this is so beyond creepy that Rabbi Shmuley is hitting on me. I'm like "Rabbi Shmuley, you have like nine kids, what's going on here?" I said "Actually, I am [seeing someone]." Because I had a boyfriend at the time.'

Didn't she say in the interview with Jimmy that she did not accept because she had some teen girls & the paps would be too much if she went on a date.

The big question is if Michael really told the Rabbi that he was interested in Katie in the first place, especially since she went to the dinner to have a meet before a possible interview and the interview never took place.

Last edited:

That wasn't even a date. As far as I know, Michael invited to dinner his possible interviewers to meet them beforehand. He did the same with Mary Hart, Barbara Walters and Larry King (the people I know Michael invited to dinner.)

Double facepalm to Katie Couric for still milking on that Michael story to get attention!

Last edited:

Glad she didn't, poor Michael didn't know what he would've gotten himself into... She'd be bringing up her story about dating Michael Jackson on a daily basis had they done it and probably exaggerate some things, you know... journalists :sigh:

In a way im glad of hearing this again i mean considering all this ish wade robson is bringing out a nice story like this great to hear :)

Well at least this time she did not try to say anything about his nose collapsing. Maybe some fans wrote to her after her last comments with Jimmy. It seems this time she kept it all positive.

I'm certainly not going to complain because I Would rather hear cute positive stories like this than all the other BS about MJ swirling around. Look at it this way , this is a breath of fresh air and "Good" for the general public to hear. Katy can tell it over and over as far as I'm concerned. It causes no harm and is a cute story. We really do need more positive stories about MJ. Fans complain all the time their are not enough or any. So I would encourage her and others to do so and not complain about them when they do. Positives, cute or fun stories about MJ come few and far between.. We needs more like this.

Saying breaking bread with MJ would have been insane .. Is meant as a compliment :) Its a slang like term in the USA meaning, That would have been so surreal, mind blowing or out of this world. She regrets not doing it .. so she didn't mean she would be insane to do it. For example, When people watch MJ perform on Youtube.. comments will say ...
"OMG thats insane" It means it blows your mind, It's beyond comprehension, over the top ,out of this world .. Its a compliment.

Yeah we do need more
[Thinking pos] Who knows how it might have turned out ? :thinking:
A nice thought.

I'm certainly not going to complain because I Would rather hear cute positive stories like this than all the other BS about MJ swirling around. Look at it this way , this is a breath of fresh air and "Good" for the general public to hear. Katy can tell it over and over as far as I'm concerned. It causes no harm and is a cute story. We really do need more positive stories about MJ. Fans complain all the time their are not enough or any. So I would encourage her and others to do so and not complain about them when they do. Positives, cute or fun stories about MJ come few and far between.. We needs more like this.

Exactly. Katie can tell this story over and over for all I care, it causes no harm.

I doubt Michael had any romantic interest in her, though. Didn't he say "Rabbi Shmuley keeps telling me he'll find me the perfect woman. My response is: 'As long as she's not a journalist'"? ;D

Most ladies would regret having turned Michael down I think.

Saying breaking bread with MJ would have been insane .. Is meant as a compliment :) Its a slang like term in the USA meaning, That would have been so surreal, mind blowing or out of this world. She regrets not doing it .. so she didn't mean she would be insane to do it. For example, When people watch MJ perform on Youtube.. comments will say ...
"OMG thats insane" It means it blows your mind, It's beyond comprehension, over the top ,out of this world .. Its a compliment.

tumblr_min1azEQq71r116s7o1_400.gif
www.MessenTools.com-34%20pensativo.gif

If you want to know why Lara Logan did the piece recently on "60 Minutes" about Michael Jackson and his 4 or so warehouses full of his stuff instead of Katie Couric, it is because Lara Logan proved more popular on the CBS News than Katie Couric. I use to watch Lara Logan reporting from Iraq, the updates of the War. It was before Katie Couric took over as the News anchor because Dan Rather had gotten into trouble and was let go. Then Bob Schieffer took over duties and that's when we first met Lara Logan. Lara Logan upped Katie Couric and now we get to hear about Katie Couric turned down a date with Michael Jackson. Well, now, Lara Logan has once again upped Katie Couric because Lara Logan got to handle Michael Jackson's personal clothing. Eat that Katie Couric!
minutes18n-2-web.jpg

This time I wouldn't call it complaining out of just doing it. As has been said on the thread, some of us aren't too fond of her due to her previous comments about Michael. You can't call out on fans that have done so and "force" them to see positivism (even when that's the case) because it's only natural to feel defensive towards any Michael related story even if it seems positive in the beginning, it could turn out to be the opposite, we've been there before.

Yes seriously :) Im not kidding you
In the same way the slang term - thats sick = awesome or great
or the same way saying thats BAD = Good - as MJ saying I'm BAD

From urban dictionary

insane
Very,very, very talented.
"Wow the drummer from that that band InEyesofRuin is insane!!!

insane
crazy, extreme, awesome, intense, kool
Did you see him rocking out on guitar? Man that was insane.

I love Katie.
I wish the Today Show still had Katie, Matt, and Anne on together.

I've sort of moved onto Good Morning America.

Probably many fans tweeted her negatively after how she mocked of Michael about his "weirdness" and "collapsing nose" just because he had a tape on it. And in that interview with Kimmel she seemed embarrassed to imagine "dating" with him because of her daughters. Some of you pretend to force us take it possitively knowing Katie's hypocrisy, come the f*ck on! :beee: :smilerolleyes:

:heart::wub: I love hearing that Katie Couric regretted not going on a Date with Michael , because for one simple fact is that Michael wanted her so to hear he would have had his chance made me happy to know ! Even if it didn't pan out ! It warms my heart to hear that women regret not dating him that he WANTED !! CHEESING :heart: :swoon:

Back