Why i perfer the US shows of the Bad Tour..

Id like to see another Bad Tour released on dvd from the american leg, the TWYMMF clip from MSG from BAD25 doc qualitywise was good in terms of Video/Audio fingers crossed the full performance will be on the DVD/Bluray as an extra.
If that came from one of the Umatic tapes the estate say they have found they should release it why not its not unheard of for artists to have more than one DVD for a tour look at Queen 2 for the Magic tour and Beyonce 2 for I am Tour.

MSG is the american eqivalant to Wembley Stadium so what better show to release.

That TWYMMF clip from Bad 25 was SO good quality.
I should point out that they blew up the picture to fit the 16:9 space (as they did for all the stock footage that wasn't film-based), so you already lose a bit of quality doing that (as well as they probably didn't give it the super treatment anyhow).

I bet the source material looks awesome (as it should, since it came from a u-matic).

Does anyone know off-hand if the kiss show was the same show Steve Stevens played at? If they were both at the same one, that's the show I want!

If that came from one of the Umatic tapes the estate say they have found they should release it why not its not unheard of for artists to have more than one DVD for a tour look at Queen 2 for the Magic tour and Beyonce 2 for I am Tour.

MSG is the american eqivalant to Wembley Stadium so what better show to release.

As far as Beyonce goes, sort of.
The first live DVD from the tour was a one-off, intimate, stripped show at a smaller venue in Vegas.
The 2nd was the real tour DVD. It was made up of footage from various shows.
I think doing a DVD like this might please everyone. It was nice to see one continuous show from Wembley, but a This Is It-esque montage could be done right (if I was the one editing it... :) )

L.A. 89 concert would be great see also. If they have the high quality tapes like this they should release it:

Audio doesn't have to be multitrack. But if they have the film reels of any Bad Tour concert then release a concert from them on Blu-Ray/DVD of course.

Last edited:
Well, it doesn't HAVE to be.
Just give me a digital download.

Well, it doesn't HAVE to be.
Just give me a digital download.

Would be cool, but that's just too unlikely. As Dave said

The problem however is that given the mediocre sales of 'Michael' and given the unbelievably terrible sales of BAD 25 it's more likely that hell will freeze over before another Bad era concert is released.

Even more due to all the hassle and money investment if we're talking about film reel footage which they probably do not want to bother with.

Even more due to all the hassle and money investment if we're talking about film reel footage which they probably do not want to bother with.

Don't say that so we don't give them that idea. I think fans should assume that they will release concerts. I want Bad Tour Blu-Ray to be released. :)

they're just gonna keep giving us standard def when 4K tv's are out????!!!!! The Wizard Of Oz Was shot 74 years ago. that's on Full HD Blu-Ray from 35mm film reels and has been preserved at 16k resolution. they ain't gonna be able to sell nothing soon.

No, because there's so many years of things shot in SD that there will always be a place for it.
TV shows, some movies, etc. were simply shot on tape (and usually in 4:3) and you can't make old tapes into an HD transfer and magically make it HD.
I wish more people knew the difference between 4:3 & 16:9, film & tape, and SD & HD :)

I think fans should assume that they will release concerts.

I think that's the pathway to disappointment. We shouldn't take things for granted.

they're just gonna keep giving us standard def when 4K tv's are out????!!!!! The Wizard Of Oz Was shot 74 years ago. that's on Full HD Blu-Ray from 35mm film reels and has been preserved at 16k resolution. they ain't gonna be able to sell nothing soon.

Actually only 4K. Any resolution above it would not be rational to transfer to.

I think that's the pathway to disappointment. We shouldn't take things for granted.

Actually only 4K. Any resolution above it would not be rational to transfer to.

yeah, compare that 74 year old film to the DVD. which quality would fans prefer? I know which

Well without the need of getting too analytical/technological, I prefer the Japanese shows from '87, some of the European leg and some from the US (only Kansas and MSG, I'd say). The Energy and rawness to Shake Your Body in Yokohama is one he could not duplicate in other shows imo, it's my all time fave performance of that song on the Bad Tour. Overall, it's my fave tour and if the Estate released more from it I would not complain one bit :D

Kansas concert has great audio:

I think that kind of audio is good. It doesn't have to be 5.1. From US leg Kansas, New York and Minneapolis(film) concerts would be great choices for release. From European leg Liverpool, Hamburg and Paris concerts. If they have any concert on film they should be released

Last edited:
Kansas concert has great audio:

I think that kind of audio is good. It doesn't have to be 5.1. From US leg Kansas, New York and Minneapolis(film) concerts would be great choices for release. From European leg Liverpool, Hamburg and Paris concerts. If they have any concert on film they should be released

I would like a show we've seen nothing from! would be more special :)

Atlanta or New Jersey!
Those u-matics are just sitting collecting dust somewhere.

Atlanta or New Jersey!
Those u-matics are just sitting collecting dust somewhere.

exactly! they should be restored and shown in Cinemas and put onto DVD and digital download :)

At best we will get a collectors label where this is all released through some official website. They won't do another Bad project for a very long time I don't think. All these concerts look good but we won't be getting them.

Yeah, really.
I feel the Dangerous 25 set (if there is one) will be similar, but they probably just won't push the promo for it as much.
I don't anticipate any documentary or anything.

exactly! they should be restored and shown in Cinemas and put onto DVD and digital download :)

If they have the Bad Tour film reels then they should release a concert in cinemas. That would be the best cinema experience ever and they could also convert it to 3D. I think it could be a huge success.

Last edited:
If they have the Bad Tour film reels then they should release a concert in cinemas. That would be the best cinema experience ever and they could also convert it to 3D. I think it could be a huge success.

exactly, scan it at 6k and blow it up to IMAX :D

Zakk you're just being overly generous here. 4K is MAX the film can produce. And even then the actual level of detail is probably a bit even less than that. So with 4K transfer you scan EVERYTHING from the film and even more. 6K would be just a waste. Sorry, but I just need to set this straight.

Ya, rly. And if Bad 25 is any indication, some of the film reels didn't hold up well (from APOM).
The black mic parts, while they look fine, they look a little faint and scuffed (lack of better words) compared to the other footage.

It's unnecessary (the 6k thing).

That TWYMMF clip from Bad 25 was SO good quality.
I should point out that they blew up the picture to fit the 16:9 space (as they did for all the stock footage that wasn't film-based), so you already lose a bit of quality doing that (as well as they probably didn't give it the super treatment anyhow).

I bet the source material looks awesome (as it should, since it came from a u-matic).

Does anyone know off-hand if the kiss show was the same show Steve Stevens played at? If they were both at the same one, that's the show I want!

Steve Stevens did indeed play that show

Back