Why does everyone keep calling it a tour?

Im interested to know why so many people call it the 'This Is It' tour?

It is NOT A TOUR.

Michael has said nothing about a tour.
Its 50 dates IN LONDON NOWHERE ELSE.

If it was a tour he would have annouced other dates in other cities because thats what a tour is,it means you go to more then one place but he didnt say anything about doing concerts anywhere else in the world just LONDON.

So therefore people really need to stop calling it a tour because its not,if it was then Michael would have said otherwise.

Last edited:
Chill now.. :) to me it has no significance if you call it a tour or whatever. Its Michael performing again, thats all that really matters :D

^ I agree...its wierd they're CONCERTS... if it was like London....Manchester...other places like that it could be called a tour but Michael didn't say a tour - though don't get too upset about it. I was getting confused it being a tour lol!

*hugs*

It's part of a "3 Year Plan". Michael even said he "plans" to tour LA. THAT'S part of the reason why, along with Randy's quotes.

It's part of a "3 Year Plan". Michael even said he "plans" to tour LA. THAT'S part of the reason why, along with Randy's quotes.

Exactley its part of his 'plans' but as fans we know that Michael's 'plans' dont always work out.

Just because he says he 'plans' on doing something doesnt mean its always going happen.

I mean take the 'plans' that have be circulating for years about a J5 reunion,but thats not going to happen so dont get too ahead of yourselves people.

Just for now its London,nowhere else.

Can't even imagine why it's an issue. It is what it is and people can call it what they like. If I addressed it I would call it a tour as well because the plan is that it's going further then London. It's just a different kind of tour then you are used too.

What's in a name guys? Really, there are other things you could worry about. And probably, if all goes well, more cities will follow.

People are homeless, children are dying, mothers becoming widows, and Michael is on a tour in London.

We need to stop worry about the small stuff and worry about ourselves.

lol... does it bother you that much! As mickey also mentioned there are strong indications that this will actully be a tour. Dancers were told to make themselves available for 2 years probably why they also call it a tour.

Personally i don't give a damn, sounds better than residency anyway imo

When the dancers were cast for the conerts, they were asked if they had any conflicts for the next 3 years. Based on that alone I think they are going to do other cities so I guess you could call it a tour.

Can't even imagine why it's an issue. It is what it is and people can call it what they like. If I addressed it I would call it a tour as well because the plan is that it's going further then London. It's just a different kind of tour then you are used too.

Ridiculous thread, sorry!

um..YEAH..agree
:mello: why on earth does THIS matter at ALL?

People are homeless, children are dying, mothers becoming widows, and Michael is on a tour in London.

We need to stop worry about the small stuff and worry about ourselves.

Totally agree with this post.

A tour is when you go to lots of different cities; not play in the same city.

So yeah.

It's a residency!

Last edited:
Im interested to know why so many people call it the 'This Is It' tour?

It is NOT A TOUR.

Michael has said nothing about a tour.
Its 50 dates IN LONDON NOWHERE ELSE.

If it was a tour he would have annouced other dates in other cities because thats what a tour is,it means you go to more then one place but he didnt say anything about doing concerts anywhere else in the world just LONDON.

So therefore people really need to stop calling it a tour because its not,if it was then Michael would have said otherwise.

More dates can come. You
need to chill.

Exactley its part of his 'plans' but as fans we know that Michael's 'plans' dont always work out.

Just because he says he 'plans' on doing something doesnt mean its always going happen.

I mean take the 'plans' that have be circulating for years about a J5 reunion,but thats not going to happen so dont get too ahead of yourselves people.

Just for now its London,nowhere else.

Yes, technically it's a residency, but for now, who knows.

And all that J5 talk was not 'plans' at all, they were rumours.

Last edited:
A tour is when you go to lots of different cities; not play in the same city.

So yeah.

Exactly
so that is why I call it a TOUR :D
everything points to other venues and cities
even the AEG Randy Phillips has hinted at it
and so has Michale himself made statements
that point him playing other venues

Read the AEG press releases
and watch the video where MJ made a statement
when asked if he would be coming to LA he stated ..
"Yes we will be at some point "

Well if the biggest problem is everyone's calling it a tour then I guess this is going to be a great summer.

Well if the biggest problem is everyone's calling it a tour then I guess this is going to be a great summer.

Yeah! It's going to be a amazing Summer, not just this on
but for the next 2-3 years to come:clapping::cheers:

Who cares what it's called... tour, concerts, residency, hoedown.. as long as it's happening people can call it what they want as long as it's positive :lol:

Who cares what it's called... tour, concerts, residency, hoedown.. as long as it's happening people can call it what they want as long as it's positive :lol:

:lol: i like hoedown. hoedown on the lowdown reminiscing back to motown ''tour'' :lol:

i call it a tour because i want it to become one lol

Last edited:
Back